Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

Post Happy Holidays from the new Community Manager & The Dev Team
As the New Year approaches, there is a change in the air with Star Sonata. I’m very excited to be given the chance to be part of that change. In September I was given the opportunity to become a member of the Development Team. Through my experiences as developer I have learned so much about the game and all the work that goes in behind the scenes that I never fully realized before when I was just a player.

Through the past few months we’ve listened to the requests of you, our players, and thought best about how to proceed. One of the more common complaints was the lack of communication from our team. I am very pleased to announce that I have been given the opportunity to be Star Sonata’s new Community Manager. My job will be to run events, manage the social media, and be a community advocate within the Development Team. I will gather your feedback and present it to the team, as well as relay information in a timely manner from the team to you, filling you in on all of the exciting changes going on behind the scenes.

In the next few days we’re going to be rolling out some exciting changes to the board structure. One of these changes has already been put into place and that’s a revamp of our Suggestions board. We value your input highly and as such there are two new subforums, an archived suggestions forum and an accepted suggestions forum. The accepted suggestions forum will be for suggestions the dev team has examined and decided to implement. We have also disabled pruning on the suggestion board, a very popular request, so that old suggestions will never be deleted and can always be referred to. Secondly we’re creating a new board dedicated to player creations, whether they be UI modifications, new ship models, or screenshots and video. Last we’re cleaning up our bug forums and making it easier to see if bugs have been reported and looking to see the status of a bug fix.

I am very excited to get started as your new Community Manager, and hope that this new position is the first of many great changes coming within SS. As always, my inbox is open to you with any questions or concerns you may have. We in the Development Team want to wish you a Happy Holiday and a great New Year.

Happy Holidays.
Your New Community Manager,
Marty (Bageese)

Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:51 pm