Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8524

Post alt-tab makes it so I can't get back into the game.
I alt-tab out of SS2 and I cant get back into the game. i have to close the game through the task manager and then reopen, which is obviously annoying.

playing at high graphics and full screen

-ERMAN

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Dev Team
Main: Xipe Totec
Level: 2

Post Re: alt-tab makes it so I can't get back into the game.
This is an issue i have never had myself, it is intermittent for others. Unfortunately it looks like its all the time for you. Can we have a more detailed description of the appearance of the client, your system specs and anything you might find relevant.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:36 pm
Main: tz
Level: 17

i have this same problem on 3 different computers of varying power. my friend has no problems with switching at all but he has a top of the line comp.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:39 pm
Main: Aredes
Level: 2178

I have this problem frequently too! Playing on Maximized, Very High.

Sadly it doesn't actually crash the client.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:27 am
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

I get this as well.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:16 am
Main: Beelz
Level: 1

I used to get this until i started playing in windowed mode. no problems for me anymore even if i stretch the client to max and use alt tab. it's JUST fullscreen with me.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:27 am
Dev Team
Main: Xipe Totec
Level: 2

Ah I only play in windowed (multiple monitors) so that may explain why I have not experienced it. Try windowed mode ERMAN if you where playing in full screen and see if that sorts it.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:54 am
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

Feathers wrote:
Ah I only play in windowed (multiple monitors) so that may explain why I have not experienced it. Try windowed mode ERMAN if you where playing in full screen and see if that sorts it.

Regardless, you still should be able to play full screen and alt-tab.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:02 pm
Main: Obesity
Level: 2249

I have the same issue something when i Alt+Tab out of "League of Legends". Its pretty damn annoying when you're first in the ranked champ select :)

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:35 pm

problem is still in the game.

I would try to go to windowed mode except I cant.

I uncheck the fullscreen box, close the game, and then i reopen the game its still in full screen. In fact, I cannot change any of the settings and have them save to the next time i open the client. that includes sound and anything else in the whole options menu.

please clean this stuff up or 6 days from now stuff is going to start to fall apart. its one thing to not have a visually polished look, but for the game to simply not work seems like its fairly important, way more so than you guys are making it out to be. I'm not one to bitch that often, but forcing something out thats not done is simply foolish from a gamer and business standpoint.

I am thoroughly frustrated at the time of this message...

-ERMAN

Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:34 am
Profile WWW
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

well, i know for a fact that the configuration screen (both in game and the as you start the game if you didnt disable it), work just fine. It sound like you started the game as admin the first time and it wrote its config as such and running it in usermode cannot modify them, try running the game in admin mode to see if thats the issue.

If it is, you can give yourself permission to the files, or just delete them and start the game normaly so that it recreate them (you can find the config in your ss2 folder/config)

As for the issue that your game refuse to get back up after minimizing, it sound like the game is losing its direct3d handle, i had it happen once or twice and its on my list of stuff to fix in the next 2 days or so.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:17 am

Jey123456 wrote:
well, i know for a fact that the configuration screen (both in game and the as you start the game if you didnt disable it), work just fine. It sound like you started the game as admin the first time and it wrote its config as such and running it in usermode cannot modify them, try running the game in admin mode to see if thats the issue.

If it is, you can give yourself permission to the files, or just delete them and start the game normaly so that it recreate them (you can find the config in your ss2 folder/config)

As for the issue that your game refuse to get back up after minimizing, it sound like the game is losing its direct3d handle, i had it happen once or twice and its on my list of stuff to fix in the next 2 days or so.

Well, no i didnt open it as an admin, but deleting that file did make it so i could get it to open not in full screen mode.

However, now my menu bar in the game is being half covered by my windows tool bar and I can't resize the game. I need like half a centimeter, but cant seem to change the size of the game screen at all.

It also appears that I can alt tab in and out no problem. It even shows the live image of the game in the tiny little sample window that Win7 shows you when alt-tabbing through all your open programs. Which is nice, but still gay that it doesnt work in full screen mode.

ALSO...when im NOT in full screen mode, my hotkey for Vent doesnt work.

ugh...

-ERMAN

Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:09 pm
Profile WWW

evo fixed everything. i guess i was trying to open in too high of a resolution and making the window go off the screen, opened in smaller res then maximized the screen to get the dynamic, custom resolution. can now see the fps, and the ss tool bar is sitting nicely on the win 7 tool bar.

still dumb that i have to open both SS2 and Vent as admin, even though im the only user account on this computer and i double checked to make sure that the account was the admin of the computer...but i guess thats a windows thing? not sure. just a bunch of dumb stuff causing problems.

vent works when ran also as an admin.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

SS2 shouldnt require administrative rights unless you have file permissions issues. Normally the installer should handle those by changing the default permissions in the installed location so that the current user can access it, but maybe it didnt work out on your system.

You could try checking the ss2 folder permission and override them so your user have full access on everything in there.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:44 pm