Team: Traders League
Main: Eddie
Level: 1001

Post Current problems playing Star-Sonata
With all due respect to the Development-Crew, here is a list of all the things that I see wrong with playing SS at the moment; presented in the hope that something could be scheduled to have done about it all! :-)

User Interface (Client):-

1 - You can no longer move internal game window's off the edges of the screen! This is a bit anoying as it was nice to be able to move the station window down off the bottom or sides so you could remain docked in your base, yet see all the fancy action happening around, or easily select and order your slaves etc.

2 - Client2 and Server2 seem to want to use more than standard broadband (128kbits/sec) when in battles and places like Free-Market. I noticed as much as more than 500kbps when my bases were fighting a DT-Swarm!

This is enormous compared to C1's average max of 128-160kbps.. This means LAG every time your sqadded etc etc because most peoples connections around the world are averaging Broadband-1(ADSL) speeds! Not many people have Sat-Links..

Please, can you professionalise your data stream (Bit-Wize & Compression perhaps!) so we're not paying some 10x the cost for data-allowance for SS? And so that our connections can handle the "Action" and we can go back to enjoying it all :-\

3 - When Building projects in your base, and you have a list of undergoing ones, you select one, its highlighting is a bit un-cohearant, and you click [PAUSE], no matter the project highlighted, the BOTTOM one seems to pause/unpause.. Bit of a problem there, should be easy to fix i guess.

4 - Map window re-sizes properly on Plug-In GPU's (ATI/NVIDIA), but stretches around (Changes Aspect-Ratio) with an On-Board INTEL Chipset. Also with both, when you size the map Smaller than standard size, the font size Increases instead of decreases? Heheh, smaller font when maps smaller would be terrific, not the other way around please.

5 - Radar window resizes it bondarys fine, and thus re-scales the information correctly with a Plug-In GPU (ATI-Radeon), BUT with an On-Board INTEL type system (Lenovo Laptop for ex.) the radar will crash the client if you try to resize smallest, and at any other sizes, the graphics remain at standard-large proportions! Clicking 3D-Radar option also results in a Crash if your using Intel-GPU(Onboard in most cases)!

eg if you size really small without a crash (On Intel), you only see the top quarter of the radars 'information', not a scalled version of the lot! Surely its not that different a function call to an Intel-Standard GPU compared to the compatable ATI/NVIDIA/VIA function calls.

6 - Server Delay skyrockets from about 400 to 5000+ when in heavily populated systems like Free Market, or Ring.. this seems to have something to do with the new-obese-requiremnts apon our net-connections when there's a ton of 'prims' for client to deal with! This makes for a rather un-playable situation, and unless you have the patients and luck of a muel, your gunna log off.

Programming Client to better time-share its responsibilities for not so powerfull machines, may give it the ability to Calibrate itself to the machine its running on, and with new wize-bit-streams of data, perhaps this sort of Lag can become a thing of the past!

7 - Client seems to have major discrepancies when displaying general game-play graphics for an Intel-GPU (Onboard/propriatory), particularly the Shield-Transferance Graphic for Bases and Drones! I notice on my Intel-Onboard system, Base-ST's are displaying as if they were stretched around a roller, and moved along 25%...

ie. start of st graphic is way off in the distance, and it shoots too far etc or what ever. Kinda dissapointing things like that.. should be a no-brainer to fix that up.

8 - Drone Shield-Transferance is MISSING your player-ship unless your Directly over the top of them (Apparently scoup-zone!), or unless your out at the extents of the drones-st-range.. magics/acme's.. doesnt matter the drone, does it for them all!

Like DAMMIT.. how longs this silly bug going to dissapoint us and our favourite styles of game-play... go back to the old core-code for those, and it should work fine.

9 - Slave Drop-Back! This bug has unfortunately been with us for so many uni's now I want to cry (hehe)! Only when the slave would choose to move from its current position, and go to where you are and STOP, will it suddenly drop-back some 100's to 1000's distance! BUT when it would choose to move to your position and fly around (like its had too much coffee), then its fine, no drop-back!

A game as superior as Star-Sonata shouldnt suffer with such a devestating bug like this for longer than a week, sorry. Its embarasing. We all used to love their particular style of movement around and in combat, and now we all hate them dropping back, especially when approaching the enemy or what have you.

There Guys, I hope that brings to your attention, the bugs or problems that need attendance right away, as a priority, or everybody (newcommers in particular!) will just go off and play EpicSpaceGame!

No joke, your loosing us all to dammed bugs like this, Please, do your best to fix these up! We can wait for fancy new graphics/items/content, and I'm sure we'd all rejoice at your solutions if you were so kinds as to Implement them!

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:27 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Current problems playing Star-Sonata
Don't try to play SS2 with an Intel graphics card. That solves most of your problems, right?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:54 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Post Re: Current problems playing Star-Sonata
Quote:
You can no longer move internal game window's off the edges of the screen!

I just logged in for the first time in a few weeks. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

FIX THIS. NOW.

IT WAS NOT BROKEN BEFORE, SO REVERT WHATEVER YOU DID THIS INSTANT.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:57 am
Profile WWW