Team: Traders League
Main: Trenton
Level: 1615

Post General Persistant Bugs
The following is what I've experience as general persistant bugs in the hope more can be done about them Soon(tm).

Drone-ShieldTransferance MISSING Your ship!

This happens when ever you are in a "Large" vessle, particularly Capital-Ships and Massiv's etc. You lay your drones that have healing capacity, and regardless of where you sit, either on top of you drone or around its range of effect, the st fires, but misses and doesnt transfer! The drones do however succeed at healing your slaves and the ships in your squad, including Capitals!?. This doesnt happen with a small ship like Shrimp, Orca, or Bulk-Trader I as the vessle your piloting.

Turning Radar-SubWindow OFF results in Large-Filled_FlashingSqares!!

Both on Inbuild/Onboard INTEL and Plug in ATI/NVIDIA Cards, when you switch off your radar, you get persistant Large or Small FILLED Flashing sqares when ever you jump (regularly but not always), or when there's some weapons hitting ships in your vacinity, or when your docked etc. Usually WHITE squares, but sometimes other colours!

This seems to be anomalusly related directly to your radar window being off! And has been around for some time, but that's where the bug is!

This bug is particularly anoying to older machine users, as turning off the radar results in significant improvement in frame rate, and thus talkitiveness with server!

Slave DROP-BACK!!! Slaves often drop back some distance!

Realising how your slaves (combat) have varied behaviour they exhibit, like spining around your position, or following behing and coming to a halt, OR Deciding to go to your position at that point of function, they travel to that position, Usually where you are at that point, they reach that position, and when they would have simply and ubruptily halted (like in c1!), instead of halting, they Drop back to the POSITION WHEN they Made that Functional-Behaviour Decision!!!

Id really like this one fixed, as i've described above the problem with the slaves "Logic" and where to look for it!

That's the major nasty bug's that have been sticking around for a while, and respecting that Jey may allready be pulling his hair out trying to fix them, I kindly encourage him to give it another try, please!

Sun May 05, 2013 5:37 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Post Re: General Persistant Bugs
I'm not really sure about the first one.

The second one sounds much more like memory corruption, there was another bug we used to have where occasionally stars would become big white blotchy things (like this: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1414 ... otches.jpg).

However, you said it happened for other things, which sounds much more like memory corruption. The radar has recently undergone some code changes to make it look prettier and more efficient. I'd suggest turning on DDS textures if you haven't, maybe dropping a graphics level and not using high quality textures/models.

As for the third one, slave behaviour code hasn't changed in years; with the exception of RTS. However right now improving AI behaviour (particularly for slaves and fighters) is on the table.

Support

Tue May 07, 2013 6:22 am
Main: Meiren
Level: 2132

Post Re: General Persistant Bugs
The first one is easy enough to replicate. just take an EFDN and park it on a warptastic in ruby steppes and you'll see what he means by shield transference missing.

Tue May 07, 2013 7:36 am