Main: Rush
Level: 162

Post Mission destination not stated correctly; micron; misc
There is a large number of missions with small to "not figurable without google, extreme luck passing near that for another reason, chat, or a FAQ" level of missing information.

For instance, some missions tell you to come back to [the base, the outpost, the lab] after you do something, but do not NAME that nor specify in which galaxy it is. So it's not too bad for the nexus but anywhere else it's kinda really a headbanger.

A large number will not specify if they just named a galaxy, or a base name --- the player has no idea if he must scout mostly known space for bases named that way, or explore new galaxies if that name doesn't appear yet as a galaxy.

I am WELL AWARE that in some missions it may be intentional ... but shouldn't hit low level missions so harshly.

People might not complain because the help chat and google and some FAQs and the wiki lets 'em figure out those informations --- but the game would be much, much nicer if it weren't sending you to google 5 times a day.

P.S.: an 'autopilot to destination' button type button might be nice.

P.P.S.: having the entire mission text clickable (including blank unused spaces after the average mission text line) on the screen is a big, big error that killed me 12 times in a row before I figured it out today. Then I disabled viewing the missions there, and was aggravated greatly at having to open and close it frequently. It would be much, much nicer if only a little square per mission was clickable...

P.P.P.S.: I entered the micron race accidentally with an extremely slow ship, and due to the way it's made (and possibly lack of radar) it took me several hours to get out --- not hours of waiting AFK, but hours at being at the keyboard and dying CONSTANTLY after hours of navigating cluelessly in straight line without getting the get-out key thingy (and then back to the key, and then back to the exit). At 30 minutes before finish, someone told me I'd be near an exit if I logged off more than 5 minutes; then was farther and had to do much of the path again. PLEASE GIVE THE MICRON RACE A "I GIVE UP SEND ME HOME" thingy, or just make the entry REQUIRE speed 200 or something.

ALSO: missions to explore some galaxy do not get completed when I enter that galaxy (or even re-enter it) and I have to manually deactivate and reactivate it to get the mission to be won even if the mission was active; I have seen a new player not figure that out and quit (before I figured it out for myself) and it's really a sad noob-ragequit bug.

Fri May 24, 2013 9:40 pm