Team: Zephyr
Main: Zaehlas
Level: 2946

Post Linux Game Window
I've successfully (on and off) run SS on Linux for years. I'd like to point out you;ve done a grat job of support so far.

Latest issue. Running the latest version of Ubuntu x64. Had a few issues over the last few days where I would leave it running, or have too many processes running, and SS would crash. This is normal, I'm not worried. Over the last few days however, (since the latest patch, it appears) there is a problem starting it back up again. I can get the opening options screen to come up. I've changed options a few times. But trying to open the game window, I get nothing. I see the process running in the background, taking about 15% processor. But the Game window itself will not open.

I've tried killing the process and restarting. Nothing. Tried deleting the contents of the cache directory. Nothing. Delete SS completely, and reinstall. That works. Tedious as all getout. But I can get the game up and running, until it decides to crash again.

Any possible causes for this? Is there a temporary file I can delete rather than the entire game directory?

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:07 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

Post Re: Linux Game Window
Not sure how the directory structure is on a wine install, but basically go to your /Star Sonata 2/config folder and delete your UserConfig.xml

That is where the settings for the game are saved. I also suggest you install the beta client, there have been many bug fixes introduced. One of the fixes took my game from an 8 minute load up time to now about 12 seconds.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:51 am
Profile YIM WWW
Team: Zephyr
Main: Zaehlas
Level: 2946

Post Re: Linux Game Window
Seem to have fixed by resetting wine settings and setting defaults back to Windows 8. No more need to reinstall.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:31 pm