Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

Post Re: Team Score
The patch coming in soon I believe fixes team score. A patch after that in April or May will come in with an addition that allows us to tweak the rate of team experience on the fly, allowing us to give compensation in terms of faster team exp gained. We will be doing an event that'll last 2-3 weeks with bonus team exp given in that timeframe.

I believe the patch coming in tomorrow will have the team score fix, but I'm not 100% sure because I don't have easy access to the commit logs (and wouldn't be able to make sense of it if I did). If it doesn't come in with this patch I will try my best to keep you guys updated on that situation and get the fix in ASAP.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:38 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

The Vert wrote:
However I do hope people understand that this has taken some time as well seeing as it wasn't reported in the right forum as a bug :wink:

some time? it took over a month since it was first known by admins (made a ticket on it and got a response from that from jey on 2014-02-26 17:49:26 that its already known and been worked at). meaning it wasnt needed to put it in the bug forums

ThomasM wrote:
The in-game scores are still incorrect as I write this, but fixes for all the known bugs are going in with the next patch, so the in-game scores should be correct again. When those changes are live the team rankings page will go back up.

all? every single one? wow

bageese wrote:
The patch coming in soon I believe fixes team score. A patch after that in April or May will come in with an addition that allows us to tweak the rate of team experience on the fly, allowing us to give compensation in terms of faster team exp gained. We will be doing an event that'll last 2-3 weeks with bonus team exp given in that timeframe.

I believe the patch coming in tomorrow will have the team score fix, but I'm not 100% sure because I don't have easy access to the commit logs (and wouldn't be able to make sense of it if I did). If it doesn't come in with this patch I will try my best to keep you guys updated on that situation and get the fix in ASAP.

finaly a patch! can we get out team lvl up according to our real team score? im sure the real top 5 teams will be missing like 12-15 lvls each

Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:30 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

lordjeroen wrote:
some time? it took over a month since it was first known by admins (made a ticket on it and got a response from that from jey on 2014-02-26 17:49:26 that its already known and been worked at). meaning it wasnt needed to put it in the bug forums

There are several reasons to why this should have been reported on the bug forum :)

First, it saves us a lot of time since support tickets are reserved for exploitable bugs and items losses mainly (that possibly needs refunding)

Second, my main job as a QA developer is to make sure all bugs are put on our bug tracker, until yesterday this was not on the bug tracker and had not made its way to the right person (Thomas) until I told him yesterday :) We are trying to move away from the support ticket as a bug reporting channel unless it falls into the categories I explained above

Third, it is much easier for the rest of the player base to be updated on the status of the bug, and weight in with useful information that makes our job easier, just like it was done in this topic :) But as I pointed out, it was reported in the wrong forum, and not reported as a bug - therefore there is no guarantee for anything

And when Jey says it is known and being worked on, it still doesn't hurt to get this on our forum so we can update you players on any progression we do, so we can avoid topics like this where tons of players have to sit and rant and bump topics into the endless void and claim that the developers doesn't care :)

I care about bug reports and I try to make the developers job easier and your game more enjoyable, and therefore we have asked to have bug reports on the bug forum to ensure this :wink:

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:55 am
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

What you say makes sense, but if the players don't know that tickets are meant for exploitable bugs/item losses, then the system isn't working properly.

Clear directions for the players, and it's more likely that the information goes through the proper channels. Everybody wins!

Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:59 am
Profile WWW

I am posting a reminder to that announcement post again now and changing my signature to try to improve on that, thanks :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:06 am

For a small reminder and the original announcement, check this post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57135

Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:16 am
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

A good step in the right direction!

Another good step would be to include that information on the ticket reporting page, AND write down a clear guideline for all admins who receive the tickets what to respond. Copy and paste "The ticket system is only for exploitable bugs, yada yada, here's a link to where you can post your bug" or something.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:30 am
Profile WWW

Scyron wrote:
A good step in the right direction!

Another good step would be to include that information on the ticket reporting page, AND write down a clear guideline for all admins who receive the tickets what to respond. Copy and paste "The ticket system is only for exploitable bugs, yada yada, here's a link to where you can post your bug" or something.

I will forward it to Bageese and see what she thinks about these suggestions :)

Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:35 am
Support/PR Administrator

lordjeroen wrote:

No, not every single bug. :P Every single bug with the team scores.

As far as giving special compensation to the top 5 teams it really is impossible to figure out how much team EXP these teams should have gotten over this time period.

I'll talk to Jey and see if there's any hacky way of figuring it out, but the best aand most fair compensation we can provide is just a team EXP boost across the board.

Scyron wrote:

I'll figure out how to add that to the ticket reporting page. We recently transitioned away from QA answering tickets, and it's now developers (removing an unneeded cog in the machine). I'll make sure that they have a pre-made response that they can give in the event of non-ticket bugs being reported.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:36 pm

noone ever told me that bug tickets are only/mainly for abuse able bugs or for refunds.
if an admin tells me that its being worked on i expect that it indeed is being worked on by the right person. if not, the right person would know it soon enough. i guess it was the same for the other bug reports about the same bug.
i am sure there are more players looking in the all forums then bug forums. and it was made clear in the first post it was a bug and should be solved asap:
trevor54 wrote:
Although you devs probably care little, people who have teams and value those teams do care a lot. Team score is a big deal now due to team level, not like the past where no-one cared about said team score. The fact that you allowed ownership, and now many other scores to be bugged has cost teams dozens of levels at this point. I have submitted support tickets, but it seems those get swept under the rug just like everything else around here. Y'all (devs) have ignored several people at this point about team score.

So, where is the compensation(team xp) for these bugs?

1. it was reported as a bug (if a post outside the bug forum doesnt count, then atleast several tickets still do since they are reports and are about this bug), 2. its as easy for you to go to the general forum as go to the bug forum (or am i wrong there? the vert might have the bug forum open on a tab 24/7, but im sure other admins (thomas) that fix the bugs dont).

Quote:
And when Jey says it is known and being worked on, it still doesn't hurt to get this on our forum so we can update you players on any progression we do, so we can avoid topics like this where tons of players have to sit and rant and bump topics into the endless void and claim that the developers doesn't care :)

there is a bit of a problem here. there are like 50? players that seen this topic and whats it about, none of them thought: hmm maybe i should make a post of it on the bug forums. the main reason i think is that it was already reported a few times on the tickets. another problem is that bug reports on tickets get responded a lot faster then bug reports on the forums (only bug reports, all else can take 10 times as long (or not at all)). there was even a topic that didnt get an admin response for half a year, then i made a ticket and a link to the topic, and it got a response in that topic in 24 hours. this is ofc the most extreme example, but most takes 3-10 days (some under 24 hours). depending on the vert or any other admin that wants to response in looking there.

the tension against the admins been high for some time already partly from this suggestion that is a real need and gets completely ignored for longer then this topic: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58443. even before that several players been overlooked (read as ignored) for long. only thing that helps (not all the time even) is make a ticket. i have reported this to jeff and hope he (or atleast someone) will do something about this.
bageese wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:

No, not every single bug. :P Every single bug with the team scores.

As far as giving special compensation to the top 5 teams it really is impossible to figure out how much team EXP these teams should have gotten over this time period.

I'll talk to Jey and see if there's any hacky way of figuring it out, but the best aand most fair compensation we can provide is just a team EXP boost across the board.

damn, i had my hopes up... but fixing 100 bugs in 1 patch will get the server crashed for sure (i would bet all my money on it that the server would crash atleast 50 times in the first day and 200 times before it is all fixed)
i dont want compensation only for top 5 teams, but ofc for all teams that got hurt for it
i have a few ideas about that:
- 1 week after the fix the admins look what the team score is at that time (of the active teams, doing this for all teams that exist (1000+?) takes a lot, im not that evil that i want you to do that (actualy i am but i dont want everyone want to know that)). do that times the amount of days, take away the amount the teams got from reset to that point. from there multiply it by X if you want to be nice (could be 1 ofc). then add it to the current score. if you multiplied it by 1 then the teams have the score they should have if it was fixed from day 1 (i didnt expect it would be fixed that fast, but you got the point). with this you assume that the score stayed the same the whole uni, if you want to look what it really was you have to do 1000s of calculations for every day (assuming that everything was recorded correctly and still is somewhere saved). noone wants to do that. this will be the closest you can get without much looking into the past. the reason it have to wait 1 week after the fix is that it still have to be "tested" live if it is indeed fixed as how it should been and some scores takes time to give the correct points (trading, loyalty, mining, kills, exp, activity and production)
or
- after the fix, all team score count double for team exp for X amount of time (easier to do, just needs some code, no brain killing calculations)
there might be better ideas for it, im sure jey and you will take a good one

P.S: ffs, i hate typing walls of text. hope it is easy to read

Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:56 pm

i dont feel like to my my previous post even longer since it will then become unpleasant to read so i make a new post (if you dont like it, idc, not my problem)

after looking into where it said that support tickets are only for abuse able and bugs that you have lost something from (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57135), i seen something.

it doesnt say the tickets are only for abuse able bugs and bugs you lost things from. its the complete opposite. its that those reports dont belong on the forums.

after looking into it some more i seen this:
Quote:
If you report an exploitable bug to the tickets, you’ll get a nice reward!

i have reported several abuseable bugs and never got anything, if i read this it says you will get a nice reward (a response is indeed nice, but i dont see it as a nice reward). can this be changed into "If you report an exploitable bug to the tickets, you CAN get a nice reward!"? i dont think i will get you to give us some real rewards for all the reports we made.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:11 pm
Support/PR Administrator

I take full responsibility for the team score issue. I wasn't fully made aware of the severity of the issue, and thus I didn't push for a patch soon enough. I have been getting distant from SS and trying to focus solely on promotion and my PR duties have miserably crashed and burned.

Team scores were out of commission for a month, and that is unacceptable. To compensate, I'll give one month of double team exp boost (instead of 25% like I originally planned). So that way the whole month of May (maybe sooner) will make up for the one month of team score losses. So to say again, you will get twice the normal team experience during the month of May.

Now onto the bug reporting, we have specific places we ask you to post your bugs, and guidelines for posting them. This isn't Star Sonata exclusive, and many game websites have very specific things they ask you to do when reporting bugs. If you don't do it the way we ask it is not our fault that we don't see it! There are less than 10 of us active on a daily basis and 1000+ of you, and millions of lines of code we have to sift through to find that one little bug that affects you. To say that things take time is an understatement.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:34 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Well can't say any fairer than that, about time lord snorean gives it a rest. Plz!

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:50 am
Profile WWW

bageese wrote:
Now onto the bug reporting, we have specific places we ask you to post your bugs, and guidelines for posting them. This isn't Star Sonata exclusive, and many game websites have very specific things they ask you to do when reporting bugs. If you don't do it the way we ask it is not our fault that we don't see it! There are less than 10 of us active on a daily basis and 1000+ of you, and millions of lines of code we have to sift through to find that one little bug that affects you. To say that things take time is an understatement.

read my previous 2 posts. there was nothing wrong with reporting this bug (tickets). since we werent getting any answers for a month we made a topic in a general forum that several admins visit daily hoping we would get something.
you are here blaming us for your own mistakes. that is worse then claiming something happened while it did not and keeping it up after someone told you 3+ reasons it was impossible (look back to my 3rd last ticket and you know what im talking about).

next to that i just remembered something
someone "was working" on the bug when i reported it. did it took him 40+ days to fix it? not to mention you didnt know anything about what he did that 40+ days? jey knew about it when i made the ticket. i dont know much about programming, but im sure it can be done in a few days. if he didnt know how to do it he should have let someone else do it

bageese wrote:
Team scores were out of commission for a month, and that is unacceptable. To compensate, I'll give one month of double team exp boost (instead of 25% like I originally planned). So that way the whole month of May (maybe sooner) will make up for the one month of team score losses. So to say again, you will get twice the normal team experience during the month of May.

so, with this we have to wait 1 whole month from now to have the team score we should have gotten now if it was fixed at a normal rate (1 week max) from when it was first reported?
bageese wrote:
I take full responsibility for the team score issue. I wasn't fully made aware of the severity of the issue, and thus I didn't push for a patch soon enough. I have been getting distant from SS and trying to focus solely on promotion and my PR duties have miserably crashed and burned.

there are more admins that have enough brains (atleast i hope they have) that can think of that.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:38 pm