Team: Fireflies
Main: Defibrillator
Level: 5456

Post Re: Team Score
team score? bug fixing? player relations?

it's so funny cuz it's true

Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:05 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

i think the problem is way more serious then we think
they have put us all on ignore lists and left the game to die
ok now serious
little response from jeff after i told him whats going on from my point of view (and many others here):
JeffL wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your concerns. Running an MMO is very difficult and we're trying our best.

You raise so many points here, that it's hard to respond to all of them, but we are trying to add a lot of content and make the game as good as we possibly can. We mostly rely on volunteer QA on the test server, but even when people help us out and test on there, it's hard to catch things that only really get noticed when the full player base of hundreds of people have at it. The ride might be bumpy sometimes, but I really do hope that over the years, this game gets better and better.

that was 2 weeks ago but i still see no difference on the forums. the only thing that was different was that bageese made a longer response to my ticket then normal (from ~30-50 lines to ~200).

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:42 am
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

lordjeroen wrote:
ok now serious
little response from jeff after i told him whats going on from my point of view (and many others here):
JeffL wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your concerns. Running an MMO is very difficult and we're trying our best.

You raise so many points here, that it's hard to respond to all of them, but we are trying to add a lot of content and make the game as good as we possibly can. We mostly rely on volunteer QA on the test server, but even when people help us out and test on there, it's hard to catch things that only really get noticed when the full player base of hundreds of people have at it. The ride might be bumpy sometimes, but I really do hope that over the years, this game gets better and better.

that was 2 weeks ago but i still see no difference on the forums. the only thing that was different was that bageese made a longer response to my ticket then normal (from ~30-50 lines to ~200).

Atleast you got a response on your ticket.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:13 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

There is your problem. They're trying to add in a lot of content instead of trying to fix the current bugs.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:28 am

trevor54 wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
ok now serious
JeffL wrote:
Hi,

Atleast you got a response on your ticket.

yes, it also seems hard to respond to my tickets. had 1 going for 4 weeks, then make another ticket for a response.
but so far all of them got a response somehow, the main problem is the response itself...
bug report tickets have normal responses, but all else is just crap

Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:26 am
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

It is the same ole' trend. Great PR service when they're first hired, crap a year later.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 pm

i just logged on after 2 weeks+, now i remembered why i didnt log on...
didnt think the difference was this big. the originals 2x score of most other teams...
do we get a refund for those 100-400 points missing since reset? if it ever gets fixed

Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:00 pm
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

Getting some new content out, like the class rebalance or Caly's new low-end zones, is worth some bugs lagging behind if you ask me. I'd rather have new content and bugs, than no new content and no bugs.

That being said, since they actually do read the forums, they'll have noticed all the bitching about team score and base logs and such, and it'd probably be wise to shut the bitching players up with at least an update.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:02 am
Profile WWW

Scyron wrote:
Getting some new content out, like the class rebalance or Caly's new low-end zones, is worth some bugs lagging behind if you ask me. I'd rather have new content and bugs, than no new content and no bugs.

That being said, since they actually do read the forums, they'll have noticed all the bitching about team score and base logs and such, and it'd probably be wise to shut the bitching players up with at least an update.

if they do read the forums and seen this then where is the admin post? only takes 10 sec to make a response to this.
this bug is bugging every team (except 1), and i got a feeling they wont give us the team SP we are missing now (not to mention to those who want to get more councy/outpost/galaxy etc. slots before they do that)
if you ask me, this bug is higher priority then most content. it been known for weeks but nothing heard about it since then.
if someone abused this bug they would have fixed it in 3 days max like they always do in abuse able bugs

next to that, i have read somewhere that content devs and bug solving are done by different devmins. so solving this bug (if it will ever happen) wont effect new content

Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:49 am
Main: kwilson
Level: 5328

The scores you just posted from the website have not changed in many months.

If you want to know the actual team scores, you have to dock at any base and look at the community tab. Those scores are updating correctly.

Find out why the website is not linking to in-game team score information and you will make a lot of people happy.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:17 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

kwilson wrote:
The scores you just posted from the website have not changed in many months.

If you want to know the actual team scores, you have to dock at any base and look at the community tab. Those scores are updating correctly.

Find out why the website is not linking to in-game team score information and you will make a lot of people happy.

What community tab? :)

And I am getting some other developers to look into this with me now :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:34 am
Dev Team
Main: Wayward Joe
Level: 0

Sorry that the team scores have been broken for so long, I do understand how important they are. We are working on it but it has been slow because we've had multiple bugs with the server that have been corruputing scores.

The in-game scores are still incorrect as I write this, but fixes for all the known bugs are going in with the next patch, so the in-game scores should be correct again. When those changes are live the team rankings page will go back up.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:24 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

I have edited out my first post as obviously I wasn't fully covered on this bug and I apology for that, and it seems Thomas has full control from here on :)

However I do hope people understand that this has taken some time as well seeing as it wasn't reported in the right forum as a bug :wink:

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:45 am
Main: kwilson
Level: 5328

Thank you guys for your work and keeping us informed on this issue. Very much appreciated.

:D

Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:46 pm
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

Only the team score ingame is broken. Its perfectly fine on the site. Can't you have the ingame just show what the website shows?

Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:06 pm