Team: Traders League
Main: Lazerus
Level: 2345

Post Excessive Data-Rate & Super-Swarms
If I was to speak candidly, and frank, I'd say the following:-

"What the heck is going on with the horrible amount of Data that client-2 is transferring back and forth per hour? In Client-1, the average was between 5-15 (at a max) Mega-byte per hour, Now, with these super-swarms, and not just because of, client-2 is consuming 15-35mega-byte per hour plus!

That is, c1 used to use between 1kbps->65/75/128 kbps depending on weather you were basing or travelling 1-8kbps, sitting in free market 5-12kbps, or leveling 10-85kbps max perhaps 128kbps (Common BroadBand maximum average for the rest of the world!!!)!

Most people's internet infrastructure around the rest of the world is copper-wire'd land-line arrays capable of about between 65kbps and 128kbps average for nearly every user when their country's overwhealmed with use, which is most of the time now!

This means that Client2's corrupted excessive data rates are ISP-Lagging everybody out when their connections are trying to throughput with server around 250kbps+! Now the problem is at the moment that client 2 wants a rediculous 150+kbps just fighting 1 ai with 10 slaves (no fighters or missles)! And slave-slots + capture slots (eg copperlings etc) leveling in a squad wants a TERRIBLE 500kbps+ data, and I'm TELLING YOU, besides the USA's fortunate optic-fibre states, the REST OF THE DAM WORLD's internet service providers and land line link's CANNOT transfer that much data continuously!

More to the point, this excessive data rate, horribly excessive, about 5+ times what superior C1 was using is costing players far too much money per hour for their internet data consumption/allowances! Only the USA has affordable unlimited plans, most of the rest of the world, particular australia for example, pay for prepaid-credit, eg. $40.00 for 3 gig of data, so if something's not done aobut this horrible data rate, people like me will not be able to afford to play, let alone be able to due the nature of our infrastructure!

C1 was smart, it knew that to keep people happily playing from the entire world, meant keepiing the data rate between 65kbps->128kbps (Broadband) rates at a maximum, or you loose subscriptions from less fortunate countries technology wize! C1 used to average about 5-10meg per hour, even if you sat in Free Market or went out squad leveling!

We must have old Jey and his ability to machine-code (mnemonic) rattify the nature of server and clients data handling to reduce the throughput to about 1/5th the current super-swarm inspired and apparently grossly generally overmuch rates, if we dont, you cut out about 80% of potential players, as their ISP connections cant handle it, and more importantly it costs toooooo much to play!

Thus, I plead with you developers to do some serious work to fix this problem before next-universe arrives, or people like me in australia, the uk, china even, japan especially, south america, the island communities, will all react as if the games a corrupted, unplayable rip-off, and frustrating as heck with these 100+ superswarms that make the game impossible to progress the lower the level you are (eg p2p level 200 trying to get skills in perilous or level there etc etc) and laggy as hell to play, even with a newish computer!

So from a colloquial and candid perspective, the above is what I consider Dire-Straights for Star-Sonata2, and if its not fixed with Jey's former Professionalism (like the rates in c2-beat for example!), then we'll all give up on SS2, and you may as well lock it out to anybody outside the U.S.A. that doesnt have optic-fibre and mega affordable internet!"

Sincerely,

From Lazerus.

\:-[

Mon May 19, 2014 8:48 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

Post Re: Excessive Data-Rate & Super-Swarms
Back in 1998 I would have considered 256k broadband, but in 2014 64kb/s - 128kb/s might as well be considered dial-up 2.0 .

Here is a speed test from my cellphone over 4G/LTE

Fri May 30, 2014 12:26 am
Profile YIM WWW