Team: Traders League
Main: Eddie
Level: 1001

Post Doublt Shield-Transference Hit-Numbers
Hi, This bug was reported some time ago, not by me, but has re-occured, and could be linked to a much more serious problem!

When you, your drone, or your slave gets a hit from a supportive shield-transferance device, it shows more than one blue number! this suggests that server is double-calculating the process, and could be the reason for shield-trans devices using up too much energy for 1 single transferance action!

What this could mean, and I rekon it does, is that server could be doing a double-take on EVERY hit calculation ingame, thus resulting in a double-down of your shields etc... that was the inferance of the previous report on the matter, and means someones added server code that isnt as 'deep' as the original core for combat calculations, which would also mean that server is tripping over itself, lagging out, double damaging etc etc..

Please take a look at it, I do feel its more serious than just the issue of too much energy soak on a shield help-out!

Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:03 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Doublt Shield-Transference Hit-Numbers
The server is definitely not doubling every hit of every weapon. This would have been very obvious to me on numerous occasions when I have tested my theorycrafting in the actual game. It's much more likely that you have simply identified a display bug in the client.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:07 pm
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Post Re: Doublt Shield-Transference Hit-Numbers
Thank you for the report :) This seems to me as you have the popup for damage selected in your options list, along with the popup for damage taken in the option list. When both of these are checked, the double numbers that you see is basically the damage you do to your target, but since the target is your own possession it will also show the damage you take :wink:

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:08 am