Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Top Website Bugs
1. Top Players leaderboard isn't in order on the front page.

2. When you go to verify your email, it says the old email was now verified instead of the one you just verified.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:12 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

Post Re: Top Website Bugs
Lemon has volunteered to help keep track of the top priority bugs in the bug forum. These topics will be kept open so that it can be discussed which bugs are most important (by you, the players), so that I can prioritize which ones to fix when I have time. Try to keep things civil, and hopefully we can help improve the game as much as possible together :)

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:13 am
Main: king kone
Level: 37

1. Not particularly sure if this is Website or UI, but as the webchat is based on IRC, if you refresh or delete tab (by now all browsers should have tabs), you lose all previous chat. As intended. But if internet connection quits or the server kicks you or the server dies, the information is saved and you can continue to view it when you log back in.

2. If the server dies/is reset, trying to log into the webchat will result in a permanent attempt to log in. If the server comes back up after the permanent attempt, then you will not log in and must refresh tab/new tab and do the process again. Like if the login attempt freezes.

3. Not really a "Bug", but the only slash commands that work on the webchat is /f add, /f remove, and /mc. As one cannot see the total friends list, trying to remove friends that are now enemies or permanently AFK is impossible. Cannot use /ignore and supposedly /unignore so if any crafty person wants to spam your PM bar with harassment or spam, you cannot block it out and must sit through the abuse. No /list either (I assume that's still the ignore list command).

4. Team Information page (www (dot) starsonata (dot) com/team/info/####) is horribly outdated and or not synchronized with the team score page. Some teams listed have have scores from years back, whether they're still "active" (as in the case with Sheilds) or not active.

5. Team Information pages still have the Glory score.

6. Player's Guide section of the website is horribly outdated or getting 404 errors.

7. Many parts of the website are still using Client 1 screenshots (from like 2004 era) which do not in any way shape reflect the graphical changes that happened when Client 2 started.

8. "By downloading the Star Sonata 2 client, playing the game, or using this website you agree to follow the rules outlined on this page, and abide by the user agreement. Any questions about the rules can be directed to the Community Manager."

Bageese has not worked with Star Sonata since Aug2014, making emails to Bageese useless. Paragraph needs to be reworded and linked to the support page.

9. User Agreement is one big block of text that is hard to read.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:15 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Text at the top is wrong font in forums. (Game - Community text next to Star Sonata 2 logo)

Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:39 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Antilzah wrote:
Text at the top is wrong font in forums. (Game - Community text next to Star Sonata 2 logo)

I checked this to describe in greater detail, starsonata.com has Game and Community tab in bold, while forum.starsonata.com does not have it in bold, nor does wiki2.starsonata.com.
Comparison:

Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:58 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Brugle
Level: 4111

This is because of The cross-domain linking of the starsonata.js file. You can also see the effect on the background and hover effect in the sub-menu.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:05 pm