Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
Main: Obesity
Level: 2249

Post Re: Zeus Throne
Blue Dwarf wrote:
Don't forget Zeus Throne can be used by Gunners too, so putting class locked gear on it isn't an option really.

I must say though, I don't generally agree on the fact that a Hephaestus Machine requires a bunch of Bronze, while Zeus Throne requires the same amount but in Platinum. =/

Speaking of which, why doesnt hermes take tin to make, but you start on a new commod ? :/ It doesnt mate sense, whatsoever, but then again, not much in this game does :roll:

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:27 am
Main: nutter
Level: 86

It should get 3 augs imo.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:07 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

VatFF wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:
Don't forget Zeus Throne can be used by Gunners too, so putting class locked gear on it isn't an option really.

I must say though, I don't generally agree on the fact that a Hephaestus Machine requires a bunch of Bronze, while Zeus Throne requires the same amount but in Platinum. =/

Speaking of which, why doesnt hermes take tin to make, but you start on a new commod ? :/ It doesnt mate sense, whatsoever, but then again, not much in this game does :roll:

Because Tin is used to make Bronze!

And... I didn't want to use Tin. I was originally going to use Titanium, but it seemed so bleh, especially with Hermes Roman name being Mercury.

Although you may think it doesn't make much sense, when you think about it, it does!

But as Mr. Thermal said, I feel Gunner has issues too. I would have had something done about it by now, but we're mainly pushing for C2 currently (pretty much everyone is doing C2 stuff, accept me. Cause I'm doing ID so you can finish your builds! :D)

Support

Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:21 am
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

And Bronze is not used in any Olympus ship.

Hephaestus gear takes Copper (Copper Ingots).

Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:35 am
Content Dev

The Lost One wrote:
And Bronze is not used in any Olympus ship.

Hephaestus gear takes Copper (Copper Ingots).

I thought it was Bronze. D:

Now I think about it, I remember thinking that before. XD Oh well, I still have valid reasoning!

Support

Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:39 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8923

Blue Dwarf wrote:

i have been on some auging as gunner on atiiis calc and found out i can do lots more DPS with a PBF then a ZT unless im dropping a cerberus aug on it and a raging dio but then i have lots more shield

Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:27 pm
Content Dev

lordjeroen wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:

i have been on some auging as gunner on atiiis calc and found out i can do lots more DPS with a PBF then a ZT unless im dropping a cerberus aug on it and a raging dio but then i have lots more shield

Well, that's kinda obvious, given the PBF has the damage aug_mods and three aug slots, while the ZT has shield & energy aug_mods and only two augmenter slots.

But, the ZT also has more hull, the hull on PBF is crippling low, there's more to consider in your ships than just DPS.

Support

Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:30 pm
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

Blue Dwarf wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:

Well, that's kinda obvious, given the PBF has the damage aug_mods and three aug slots, while the ZT has shield & energy aug_mods and only two augmenter slots.

But, the ZT also has more hull, the hull on PBF is crippling low, there's more to consider in your ships than just DPS.

Additionally, the resists on the PBF are cripplingly low as well. You don't have the hull space to hold any missiles, and there's no inbuilt engine too! ^.^

PBF is an experiment in epic mediocrity.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:40 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

At the very least...i feel the cost in platinum does not reflect the quality of the ship at all. 4k platinum is worth about 152 bil last time i checked Horrible rocky. and that doesn't count the modules, or the credit cost of the ship. (which isn't terrible admittedly.)

Id like to see the cost halved. Platinum is not nearly as common as all the other materials.. Hell...i can mine copper in horrible rocky if i REALLY wanted to build an HM. And an HM has 4 aug slots to boot...

If zeus throne is supposed to be so expensive..why not beef it to compensate? OR, half the ZRMs needed to build it, or the costs significantly.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:02 am
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

I think Zeus Research Modules are fine. They are lovely and so worth it for making the Zeus line of energies and shields.

But if you compare (not taking Research Modules into consideration) the Zeus Throne to the other 3 olympus ships, and their demand, uses and stats compared to T20 ships that have almost the same stats, you will see that a Zeus Throne really isn't worth it by far with its current stats.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:13 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

This may comes as news to you guys but... All Gunner aspects need reworking...

Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:01 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

Chaosking3 wrote:
I would be a fan of seeing the throne get a sort of PBF treatment. Lower inbuilt stats and maybe resists for a 3rd aug slot. We already have the generic 2 aug slot Cap Ship in the form of Red Photon and cap ships in general tend to be very dull and linear. It is why there was a Dread at t20 and not major modifications on it compared to the multiple tiers and choices in other ship hull types.

The introduction of the PBF at t20 was pretty cool and the idea behind the ship was refreshing, turning the Throne into a more customizable ship at the cost of certain stats would simply give it that degree of difference so as to make it asymetric to vessels like the Warship and Carrier.

Again, it would be really cool to see an aug slot added to the ZT at the cost of some inbuilts and a few other stats.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:05 pm
Main: nutter
Level: 86

Zeus Throne already has less shield and energy inbuilt stats, and a terrible SSS, just take off maybe a little speed for a 3rd aug slot?

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:14 pm
Main: Bastamental
Level: 3586

Blue Dwarf wrote:

So simple....

2 Inbuilts!

1 For gunner [I suggest a powerfull/fast/strong missle]

And

1 For FC [I suggest a powerfull/fast/strong/dps efficent fighter]

Done.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:28 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8923

Blue Dwarf wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:

PBF auged CaL, hibernation, Arage:
301224 shields (ghoulstop)
716100 energy (CCR)
70 speed
1755 hull
493 range (OS 6)
10137.5271 DPS (ACALs)

zeus throne auged raging dio, War Chant of Ares+
177955 shields
385000 energy
117.6 speed
1764.29 hull
646 range
6005.89 DPS

i took for both best aug setup i could think of and both same gear
results PBF have:
almost 2 times shield on PBF
same as energy
40 less speed
9 less hull
153 less range
4132 less DPS
some less resist

then a zeus throne

both gunner class at 20 no bar and seal skills AT 25 IT 0

i still think PBF is lots better then a zeus throne

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:53 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next