Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Post Re: The Emperor's Run
paxiprime wrote:

Emp run should be an event, where for a week or a couple days every ship in the galaxy is no name, no one can see your flag except for squads and teammates. This way people can defend themselves, and attack while still being anonymous. Also, during this time, pvp restrictions should be lifted. So a lvl 300 can attack a level 1500 and still be anonymous. Of course the method of bringing the crown to sol will have to be different, and not be limited to one galaxy or one team.

idk just suggestions

- Paxx

Anonymous-perhaps just an item that makes it hide your name and show level based on ship power(like on AI). Would also be good for pirates, anonymous pirates, like England had.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:32 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

Emp rewards:

-Seals bonus of 12 only seals gen below.
-gal in protected space with 12 perfect cols only loads of oats. 3 planets with loads nucs babs mets and random col only extracts And ferm perfect suite as well. it's EF protected. One spawned kit with inbuilt UNClean seal gen (can't share/sell.. Also must own base to get seals then). Can trans base within team to distribute seals.
-tithe as usual.
^^ would eliminate emp alliance benefits.

Bad maybe but possible...
-20% tithe globally. Affects same as team tithe sooo col holders wont take out cress until emp toppled or pay tithe. Would make people give a shit/oppose emps.

Will post emp running idea later.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:46 pm
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

paxiprime wrote:

haha whatever man I don't even play anymore xD

Why doesn't SBP throw the first stone then :P

This topic is MADE by Biggee, and SBP PLAYER - it's like you practice being stupid to get this good.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:09 pm
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

Anonymous attacking on emperor team? That is so carebear!!

First of all, the game mechanic for Emp is actually okay - it's the motivation to take emp that is lacking. The cost of opposing SBP outweighs the potential rewards of succeeding. They are the superior organised force, and deserve the bonuses that emp brings.

In my opinion, three things need to happen:

1) Emp needs to have added powers that affect/control other players in some way. Giving incentive to stop people taking emp or more competition over runs. Options for Emp to add a tax on sale of certain goods to colonies, or a tax on buying things from AI bases.

2) As ERMAN points out, a lost critical base/galaxy can be gameplay-ending, so there needs to be a look into a system that insures against losing everything, but still gives the attackers great reward.

3) Players need to get their shit together. If people gave a shit and formed some alliances, there could be some amazing battles and diplomacy going on - but there is nothing to compete for! Emp is merely a shiny crown to wear, people can just sit in their gals of colonies and make billions of credits with little effort.

What about splitting base kits into "colony kits" and "combat kits"?
Colony kits are weak and poorly equipped to defend attacks. Combat kits are base kits as they are now. Only Colony kits can support colonies. This makes destroying/capping colonies easier. I kind of feel fighting over population should be a major part of politics in this game. Fighting for population to gain control, fighting for resources to build strength.

Another system I would support is a form of diplomatic emperor selection. Attach a polling booth, and civilised colonies can "vote" for the team leaders they prefer to rule them. i.e. if I own 10 colonies, I get 10 votes towards Emperor. (maybe your colonies can indicate their preference for emperor, and if you go against their choice they rebel/accept your choice they offer credit/rare item etc)
Once election is over, leading player can collect the palace bp and build it (either HQ gal or specified location). Destruction of the palace means new elections are held, and the losing team is exempt from running for the next election.

Something on a different track...
maybe adding a form of religion to the game? probably four or five main pillars (Ur'Qa, adum, etc) that players can chose (and change) but they get a small bonus for choosing a particular religion and keeping it. Say 0% initially, after 12 months in the same the bonus is 20%. Something that requires long term commitment to get the maximum bonus.

Building artifacts can give bonuses to players and having them in gals can "convert" colonies to your religion.

Killing players of other religions, destroying player-built artifacts (that increase stats/give auras etc) can increase your standing and give you rare, perhaps unique, religion-locked items/rewards.

As history shows, religion is arguably the greatest cause of conflict in human history. Adding something like this to the game could really spice things up. Maybe the "adum" religious leader could declare a holy war on followers of another religion. Maybe teams can choose a "team religion" and we could get some heavyweights forced into action to appease their "gods" and keep their bonuses.

Names could be toned down, I am using "religion" as it is easily recognisable - but we could just as easily call it choosing a "religion" or "sect" or "faction" or "devotion" or "higher power".

Religious superweapons could be discovered (think Halo) and unique items could be won. (i.e. adum awards "[item] of adum" for killing x number Ur'Qa followers over level y.

There could be competition within the religions to be appointed leader (or leadership could be NPC) and this could either be seperate or tied into the emp run system.

Just throwing ideas around...

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:27 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

The 20% Tithe idea is a good one.

What if there were 4 galaxies and each represented 5% tithe. If control of these galaxies is taken from the emperor team the tithe is reduced.

This changes the current absolute system where you're either emperor or you aren't. It introduces 'strong' emperors and 'weak' emperors, strong emperors will try and maintain all 4 beacons whereas a weaker emperor will have to focus on keeping Valhalla.

This could further be expanded to include all emperor rewards examples being:

All 4 Beacons held for 3/4 Universe length: Creation of an Emp item or galaxy.
3 Beacons held for 1/2 Universe length: Bonus prize (emp seals perhaps?)

and so on with other rewards.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:48 am
Team: Traders
Main: Threaten
Level: 5964

i love it

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:53 pm
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

So....

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:27 am
Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

Locked, moved to Accepted Suggestions for future developer reference. Thank you Biggee!

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:51 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: HIV Droner
Level: 3800

Post Re: [Content/Gameplay/Code] The Emperor's Run
Someone should work on this suggestion ASAP!

typical fruits

Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:46 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: reaper pride
Level: 5779

Post Re: [Content/Gameplay/Code] The Emperor's Run
signed

Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:29 pm