Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

Post Re: The Emperor's Run
biggee531 wrote:
General wrote:
Make it so ai spawn and you have to defend against the ai and every spawn gets bigger so sooner or later it will require a teams effort to keep it alive as of right now to many people have benefited from this broken system and have received a unfair advantage but of course that will be denied

So you'd rather kill AI for 15minutes and be crowned emperor?............................................................................................

........................................................................................................

........................................................................................................

Are you confused?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:38 pm
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

General wrote:
Who said 15 mins? and it would be a constant every say 24 hours a group of ai spawn and each time there are more.I not 100% sure on the current system timeline but dont you have to own the palace for a few days before you can take the crown to sol?

Just long enough to build the crown which takes 4 days I think. There would be no risk or reward if you were just killing and defending AI, which isn't much of an improvement on the current system.

I'm just in disbelief Trevor. DISBELIEF!@OIJ!@

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:38 pm
Team: Relentless Community
Main: Flake Marshal
Level: 6334

My point is that it just ain't right that the player base have to stop a emp run.It is pointless because anyone who builds will not oppose a emp run for the fear of there bases/colonies/proddys.Also you could change the timeline make it so you have to hold it from the ai for 30 days before you can claim a reward.Could make it a ladder for rewards also after 15 days you get the lowest reward.

The emp system needs to be automated against ai so it can be controlled.Right now get big tell people if you shot our palace we will fuck you up and well your set to be emp.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:09 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

trevor54 wrote:
No matter how much you propose a "what happens here stays here" type of area, people will always take it personally, once again making it so no-one attacks.
Perhaps some way to clear the evidence of who the aggressor is? No names shown, Levels rounded to nearest 100, ships given generic sprite based on tech/hull type, team flags set to "Emp Runner" or "Anti-Emp". The wormhole exit would dump all the aggressors in random gals when they leave.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

But isn't that the point? The biggest and best players should be emp? lol

The reason why the team is going for emp is because they have end game shit, and no one wants to fuck with them. If people actually dished it out and pvp'ed the best team would win ANYWAY... So basically we are just thinking up content for pancakes and DM to have more fun.. lol

^,^

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:54 pm
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8511

The point about trying to make an area where what happens there stays there being almost impossible to achieve is spot on, and consequently the largest problem in the current system really.

I don't think anyone feels that they couldn't take the palace, it really has nothing to do with anatolia. The issue is that the teams aren't willing to deal with the long, perhaps forever, war that would follow.

Come up with a way to solve that problem or any other changes don't matter one single bit.

I do like this suggestion though btw, just as nice as i remembered it. Maybe someone can come up with a solution to the fundamental problem.

-ERMAN

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6437

Why not make it a king of the hill sort of game? you warp in at one of the 4 corners and you cannot proceed without capturing the bases by beating the health down to 0.

Do not allow perma drones or player stations to be laid. imho it should be easy enough for people to defend places since they will get warnings in team chat and those bases wont be easy anyway.. its usually harder to attack then it is to defend. Since the ai originally don't have station mastery or other skills they are going to be marginally more powerful under player control.

Make each station take a good chunk of station slots (and for this give us back our slots and remove that BS shit we have now) So that the entire team has to contribute some of the slots on their accounts to own all the stations in all the galaxies.

And give each station a percentage of the percentage levied in taxes on the playerbase through the emp system. So someone with more stake in emp gets more income that way. It also makes up a little for the slots used up to take the place.

Bottom line, No player base gear is lost, No stupidly broken healing drones all over hell and gone. And it gives space for competition, profit ect.
Ideas?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:07 pm
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

The primary goal is to make a way for players to oppose an Emp run without any sure way to know who that player is. So some kind of remote player-controlled AI needs to be incorporated. Short of spamming "I attacked Anatolia!" in all chat, the Emp team cannot know who was fighting them.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

General wrote:
The emp system needs to be automated against ai so it can be controlled.Right now get big tell people if you shot our palace we will fuck you up and well your set to be emp.

That's the way it is SUPPOSED TO BE. The best team, the strongest team takes emp, because no one can stop them. Stop to think for a moment, you're wanting lower teams to be able to destroy/beat the strongest team ingame of the time? Stupid... I think so!

I like the way it is because it requries everyone to work to gether to beat the running team - as it should be. If people are too STUPID to realise that, 'hey, maybe we can beat the top team if we all band together' then they don't deserve emperor.

Spamming, annoying choob who knows nothing.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Mail wrote:

Timmeh[/color]

Means alot coming from someone who just recently quiting?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:59 pm

General wrote:
Mail wrote:

Timmeh[/color]

Means alot coming from someone who just recently quiting?

That doesn't even make sense you degenerate. I was/am a respected endgame player. You, are a nameless, faceless, choob on a f2p account.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:02 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6437

Mail wrote:
General wrote:

That's the way it is SUPPOSED TO BE. The best team, the strongest team takes emp, because no one can stop them. Stop to think for a moment, you're wanting lower teams to be able to destroy/beat the strongest team ingame of the time? Stupid... I think so!

I like the way it is because it requries everyone to work to gether to beat the running team - as it should be. If people are too STUPID to realise that, 'hey, maybe we can beat the top team if we all band together' then they don't deserve emperor.

Timmeh

except it has never worked that way. It isn't necessarily the strongest team that gets emp as we have seen many times in the past. It is coalitions of teams. Who's group is stronger. Heck, emp was being traded around in the past between teams who were part of an "alliance". you cant tell me that every time the strongest team had emperor.

And I cannot respect anyone who cannot post on their p2p about p2p content. Grow a pair and show you care.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:04 pm

saran wrote:

And I cannot respect anyone who cannot post on their p2p about p2p content. Grow a pair and show you care.

So we have a 2nd idiot who thinks they know everything? Don't start with fucking insults when you know jack shit.This is a p2p account has been since it was created june of 2010.Just because i cba to put a avatar dont assume my account is f2p.All 8 of my accounts are p2p i don't own a single f2p account

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:07 pm

saran wrote:
Mail wrote:
General wrote:

Timmeh

except it has never worked that way. It isn't necessarily the strongest team that gets emp as we have seen many times in the past. It is coalitions of teams. Who's group is stronger. Heck, emp was being traded around in the past between teams who were part of an "alliance". you cant tell me that every time the strongest team had emperor.

That's true, but they're using their heads and working together. You may say they have a monopoly but remeber that with 3+ teams you have so many more people to cater for, therefore the reward is far less.

General wrote:
saran wrote:

So we have a 2nd idiot who thinks they know everything? Don't start with fucking insults when you know jack shit.This is a p2p account has been since it was created june of 2010.Just because i cba to put a avatar dont assume my account is f2p.All 8 of my accounts are p2p i don't own a single f2p account

Then why don't you prove to us who you really are?

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:25 pm
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8511

Time Warp,

You do kinda freak out whenever anyone says anything even hinting at an opinion different than yours, so try not to get all sore all the time just to prove how tough you are. We get it...we really do...

The system is flawed because there is no reasonable way to oppose an emp run. The gals that people own constitute the majority of a person's income and sense of safety in this game. If someone loses their entire galaxy, they might not have much else to play for. While you can't destroy someone's character, you can destroy their interest in using that character. And taking out someone's gal is a pretty quick way to do that.

I think that any significant emp system reform which doesnt address pvp/bvb reform and make some way to ensure at least some meaningful punitive measures for retribution against stopping an emp run is pretty much a waste of time.

Would you honestly be for a uni-wide war over the emp title? causing how many people to quit when they lose their gals?

This kinda brings up another point that I've wanted to make for a while but have been too lazy to make my own thread.

All these quitting posts do seem to be on the rise. My own team fell victim to them this week. I really do believe that most of them are NOT quitting due to C2. I think they are quitting because they have wanted to for a long time, but kinda got sucked in by the obligation to continue playing to keep their characters progressing or keeping their gals up, or helping out with their teams.

When the new client was released it was like someone turned a big page in this games story, started a new chapter, and while it didn't really matter what the next chapter was going to be, many people saw it as a nice place to just put the book down and step away. Uni resets just weren't enough for these people, the change to C2 was a big enough of a artificial break to let them step back and pull the trigger on what they have been hinting at for a while.

Is there a remedy to this problem? I don't think so really. We will need a big influx of new players, and I hope we get them. I'm starting to get a little concerned that they aren't coming though. we'll see...

-ERMAN

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next