over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post [Interface/Code] Effect Icons
Ripped straight off from LoL, but would solve a lot of annoyance that deals with spinning aura icons.

Basically, if there IS an effect affecting your ship, then you get a single icon. Mouse over it and a quick info window pops up detailing what effect it is. For example, yugioh is Spatzz's teammate. yugioh pops into galaxy with his Carrier and FC20 aura.

Spatzz sees the FC20 aura effect icon(the whole aura is one icon), mouses over, and notes that it is the Fc20 aura and not an UDP.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:20 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Odd One
Level: 523

Post Re: Effect Icon in top left corner under weapons.
gah....
*sighs* Well, no use in not ripping into this one.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Ripped straight off from LoL, but would solve a lot of annoyance that deals with spinning aura icons. What annoyance? I haven't heard anyone bitching about it.

Basically, if there IS an effect affecting your ship, then you get a single icon. Wow, that's a great way to see what's going on with your ship... Mouse over it and a quick info window pops up detailing what effect it is. I don't want to have to go through that! How the hell does it help to have to click something to get your info instead of just having it infront of you already? Maybe shields and energy should be moused over just like visibility, huh? For example, yugioh is Spatzz's teammate. yugioh pops into galaxy with his Carrier and FC20 aura. That's not much of an example.

Spatzz sees the FC20 aura effect icon(the whole aura is one icon), mouses over, and notes that it is the Fc20 aura and not an UDP. Oh, please don't split two sentence example down the middle, very annoying. And that's all great and what not, but why should this go in? All your example is is this: "An aura is given, a guy uses my idea and see which aura it is". That's just restating your idea. That's not saying why it's helpful. Sure, I can infer that there'd be some reason to want to know which aura it is, but honestly, I cba with coming up with situations in which it would be useful. Please do it for me?

Now, my comment on your idea:

That's illogical and overpowered. They shouldn't be given info on one of the items that is inside the hull. That's what shipscanners are for. I know you can't tell which items are equiped, but giving someone one of the items in your hull... kinda infringes on shipscanners... just a little, but still.

Should never get info on what the enemy is using through carebear mechanics.

You should be able to ask what your allies are doing.

targeting my OWN slave because... reasons, and then MIRVing it.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:40 pm
over 9000!

I never said it'd give info on stuff inside of a ship's hull, you dolt. I said, a player will be able to see individual auras, and what the effect of the aura is on the player.

Take Spatzz. He is affected by Commander's Bodacious Bravado(Ally), Gamma Emitter(enemy), and Visionary Sight(Ally), and he has his Capital Travel Field 6 on.

He'll see 4 Icons. One for each Aura. If he mouses over the icon that represents the FC aura, he'll see "+36% Damage" in the info box. If he moves over to see the Visionary Sight icon, the box changes to +540% Radar, +20% Range.

Aside from what is affecting him, Spatzz knows nothing about the Auras, what their range is, where the player is, etc.

But the point of the suggestion is to remove the annoying effect icons when auras affect you or other ships. Have you ever been on a run with a supportive engineer and or FC?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:58 pm

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
I never said it'd give info on stuff inside of a ship's hull, you dolt. I said, a player will be able to see individual auras, and what the effect of the aura is on the player.

Take Spatzz. He is affected by Commander's Bodacious Bravado(Ally), Gamma Emitter(enemy), and Visionary Sight(Ally), and he has his Capital Travel Field 6 on.

He'll see 4 Icons. One for each Aura. If he mouses over the icon that represents the FC aura, he'll see "+36% Damage" in the info box. If he moves over to see the Visionary Sight icon, the box changes to +540% Radar, +20% Range.

Aside from what is affecting him, Spatzz knows nothing about the Auras, what their range is, where the player is, etc.

Guess what, if one player warps in and you get their aura, you know what's in their hull. It's the aura gen you're being effected by and you know it's name and effect on you.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:01 am
over 9000!

So? I'll know whats in their hull if there was no icon to tell me. I can tell when suddenly my shield regen is reduced by 400 when a dread pops in. It's OBVIOUS that it is a FC with a Gamma Emitter.

But as I said, have you been in places where theres tons of aura clutter? DG's have fucktons of clutter if you run into the resist aura.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:06 am

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
So? I'll know whats in their hull if there was no icon to tell me. I can tell when suddenly my shield regen is reduced by 400 when a dread pops in. It's OBVIOUS that it is a FC with a Gamma Emitter.

But as I said, have you been in places where theres tons of aura clutter? DG's have fucktons of clutter if you run into the resist aura.

Soo... No point it describing the effect then, huh? You just want a nice organized list of icons, don't you? A different icon for every aura just gives away how many auras the enemy has, can't have that.

And if clutter really gets annoying, just delete some of the images for them. As you said, I'm sure you'll know about shields and energy.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:25 am
Main: yellow
Level: 1946

blacker2359 wrote:
Under where the squad box's will be displayed what current effects are on your ship, if you hover your mouse over one of the icons, it shows the current amount that is being tweaked.

This will show an exact number so FCs know how good they are adding, and will reduce lag on slower computers while also reducing strain on eyes and making things simpler.

Really?!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:51 am
over 9000!

Yellow hit it right on the nail.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:02 am
Main: Obesity
Level: 2249

Y E S please :)

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:37 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I agree with the suggestion, though it's not one of the easiest to implement since it requires both new UI and a bunch of data that the client currently doesn't have.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:10 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

For those of you afraid of enemies finding out what the aura is:

Friendly auras give effect type and exact number ( +50% shield regen)
Non-friendly auras give effect type. ( -shield regen)

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
Main: yellow
Level: 1946

Visorak wrote:
For those of you afraid of enemies finding out what the aura is:

Friendly auras give effect type and exact number ( +50% shield regen)
Non-friendly auras give effect type. ( -shield regen)

Perfect.
:)

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:24 am
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8510

yes, i like it, would clean things up which is always nice.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:28 pm
Profile WWW