Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post Re: [Content] Taking the AI Pillboxs to the next level.
I'm confused. Was the general consensus of this thread a combination of the OP and I's ideas or just the OP's? We should really get this nailed down in stone to give the devs a clearer picture.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:43 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

I already have a design doc for this... I have done since I made the first batch.

I just moved this here for reference/other ideas, otherwise the project went on the back burner while I got some required code done.

So, it doesn't matter, since I'll take ideas from both, if they're any good. >; )

Support

Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:09 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

I hope that it'd go more like this:

Quote:
Three to Six "Permanent AI Teams" that hold territory in Perilous Space. They are teamed, and attacking them pisses them all off for a minimum of 24 hours; no spiriting to avoid aggro.

They have Minor, Medium, and Major type defenses, which equates to the galaxies in which they inhabit's difficulty, which is a mix of ships, drones, and spawners.

AI ships are well, ships. They roam their territory. AI Drones are pillboxes. They cannot move and wield heavier weaponry. AI Spawners are "Invisible" Pillboxes that act as proximity spawns for various waves of AI's.

AI's of one team do not enter the territory of other teams. In between all the AI Territories is a no-man's land that includes the lower DF galaxies and EF Perilous Outpost Galaxy.

You do not "Have" to kill or attack any AI Team, but successfully clearing them out gives:

1. Extra experience per kill
2. Much more money per kill
3. Access to Super "Dungeons"
4. Rewards from Earthforce Layer Missions
5. Monthly/Bi-Monthly Mission Chains detailing event missions*

*Number Five requires a program that can players and developers can list out scripts, text, and general feel of the mission and rewards. Entries are reviewed before any acceptance is allowed, obviously.

This idea comes from Vendetta Online, which has such a program and in which their developers induce the creativity of their players to make up missions so they can focus on other areas.

Also requires that code for scripts, etc be very simplified: Copy+Paste simplicity.

As for the AI's to be chosen, the Paxians, UrQa, or any of the ruin races and or Kalthi should not be allowed.

I suggest the Imperial Zaphragi Empire, the Greens, Blue Pirates, Flyswatter Hivemind, Monochrome Masters, and Soluzione di falso vaticano.

As a totally optional backstory:

Zaphragi was only seen through one wormhole; there was an entire empire Lyceum missed. New and Wild ships exist out there. You cannot tame the wild.

The Greens have always been a formidable presence. No one truly knows where they came from. There has been rumors, but they're just rumors. However, they exist.

After they were defeated by The Sheriff (the player), the Blues retreated into Perilous Space. There, they rebuilt their pirate fleets and pirate strongholds. Now they are back.

Like the zealous UrQa, it has been known for ages that the Flyswatters have a similar caste system. However, only recently have they became like locust.

Orchestrating the Goldenboy and Monochrome War was a number of extremely powerful beings called the Maestros. They do not see in black and white only; but every color of the rainbow. But they see you as their puppets.

Absolution was only a small front for a much larger and secretive organization. They work in the dark, but do not serve the light. The light serves them.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:21 pm
Team: Heaven
Main: Cpt Mawson
Level: 1011

No no, Churchill you don't understand my cause, what i need is that Wild Space is just a rehased version of earthforce with gal claiming and bases, i was thinking something similar to your plan but that there would be a purpose in wild space besides building bases, this could easily be used in the future for PvB examples

Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:35 pm

I understand that you want Wild Space to be a challenge to fight off AI's to claim galaxies for your team, but I just don't like the idea that it becomes very much PvE based too. Wild Space is about bases, not doing ubers.

Also, whats to say someone will just plop a Kasa down and wipe the floor with any and all ai's that can roam through wild space?

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:32 pm
Content Dev

Max235 wrote:
Also, whats to say someone will just plop a Kasa down and wipe the floor with any and all ai's that can roam through wild space?

Thanks for reminding me about something I wanted to finish off..... :D

Support

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:53 pm
Main: --sexydragon--
Level: 3103

ever so curious of what blue dwarf wanted to finish off as to be refered from max's kasa comment.
Also who is to say what section of the galexy is ment to do what? There are ubers in wildspace, as there are in any sector. I am becoming very curious of how this will finalise out.

*Just a couple sugestions to eliminate the posibility of players OP'ing ai over n over

(Maybe give the ai ability to augmenter there drones)
(take a reference from player base auging and apply it to the depths of how the ai bases become augmented?)

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:00 am
Profile YIM WWW

There are meant to be 0 ubers in wild space, because the admins don't want bases to kill them. If you find one, it's probably a bugged code that lets them roam there instead of staying in EF layer.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:09 am

Im not good at arguing but here are some posible suggestions on how to fix the uber being to easy maybe.

*Have them drop the loot of the area they come from(UZ~zebras drop z.a.c.s/etc)

*Ai bases have an aura(Or ai owned gals generate aura) that caps out a player bases range at a spacific range.

*ai bases have aura gen that increases the dmg resist/shield bank/etc factors of the teamed ai in that galexy.

those are 3 fixes to the idea. dono if any of this will be considered do to Blue's confidence in his words. but they are simple sugested fixes nether the less.

~P.S. still hoping to see this in game somehow :D

Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:27 am
Profile YIM WWW
Team: Psionic Corps
Main: atsamaz
Level: 3980

Holy crap AI bvbing my gal? AI invasions? Me and team bvbing AI? super drops? dude thats just bull..awesomness holy shit this is exactly what i wanted!! im so in love with this idea man /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed /signed :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Only thing though, AI bases gotta be different to each other and to the player base's and i hope they wont make them too OP

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:19 pm
Team: The Originals
Main: Lol imra15
Level: 668

lonedragon09 wrote:
ever so curious of what blue dwarf wanted to finish off as to be refered from max's kasa comment.
Also who is to say what section of the galexy is ment to do what? There are ubers in wildspace, as there are in any sector. I am becoming very curious of how this will finalise out.

*Just a couple sugestions to eliminate the posibility of players OP'ing ai over n over

(Maybe give the ai ability to augmenter there drones)
(take a reference from player base auging and apply it to the depths of how the ai bases become augmented?)

This guy.

Too late I realize my children are me only treasures... Volcom Applicant

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Would it be to much to ask for an E.T.A. on this?
-----------------------------------
An as for a response to some stuff :P

I like the idea of ai having bases and players being put in a position where they actually have to fight to expand the galaxy's they own. Just as well it gives players motive to beef their gals to prevent an enemy attack from braking the chain of gals they are connecting with t5 kits or lower.

Also to have the basic ai from uber locations making bases would be nice because it would spread the verity of ai in wildspace to level on in player ships. (Because bases/drones gets reduced xp)

As for max, a zebra, juju, or astro (etc) aren't ubers. So having galaxys owned by any existing race isnt really a problem for having ubers in wildspace as these ships aren't necessarily ubers themselves.

Though the races that own space aren't up to me, i would still love to have to defend/fight to expand against ai :P

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Thanks for necroing my response, but I don't agree with what you said.

Roaming ubers are Bart, Marco, Sputty, Maboule, Nate, and a few others implemented by the S-90 missions.

Primal Zebra, Primal Panther, Primal Rhino, Primal Lion, and Emperor are still ubers, though they don't roam.

Nate has a funky 7 day respawn (JeffL doesn't like to admit he never changed it), which he half solved by making a 30minute spawn DG version.

Vigilante and Grim Reaver together with that roaming Nate are in Perilous Space.

Wild Space is for building bases, doing a few random non-special DG's (Stellas need to go), and maybe fighting off the Crystalline Entity. It is not a place to find ubers because of the clear and present danger of using bases and perma drone spam to kill them.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:30 pm
Content Dev

I... Kinda forgot, been working on cooler stuff (which you'd like me more for anyway).

There may be something on this in the future though, as there were some discussion on it recently. XD

Support

Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Then by all means, i do so appologise max.
As for Blue, i await to see what is being cooked in your pot of surprises >.>

Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW