Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 4762

Post Fuel station
Admins should put a base in sol for the temp uni selling Enucs/Prom/Nucs

Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:48 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Fuel station
They already said that would be in.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:05 am
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

As I wrote in the other topic where Jey announced the exact same thing:

Quote:
Why is this? There are reasons that players actually prepare for the temporary universe, and one of the main ideas behind preparing, is to store items that you might not have time to get your hands on in the short amount of time. I have been storing masses of promethium for some time now just for this purpose. And it is a part of the game that Nuclear Waste and Enriched Nuclear Waste actually is possible to mine for using it as fuel. Same goes for producing promethium without bases. So I am very negative about this. It was fine on test servers, and so on, but not in a real universe.

People that plan their gameplay in a bad way, deserve nothing but a bad gameplay, they should not get the same gameplay as someone who plans their gameplay in a good way.

Stop being lazy.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:06 am

Not lazy, a simple improvement. By the same logic we might as well take out autofire, so that anyone who can switch clients fast enough will become the best. Or even AP is removed so that people who put in the effort can play. Putting in a fuel station doesn't disadvantage anyone hugely so i don't see why it shouldn't be put in.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:10 am
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

I think a fuel station would be nice that sells at a constant rate (more than it costs to produce it yourself maybe by a factor of 2) and doesn't buy.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:32 am

zhuang281 wrote:
Not lazy, a simple improvement. By the same logic we might as well take out autofire, so that anyone who can switch clients fast enough will become the best. Or even AP is removed so that people who put in the effort can play. Putting in a fuel station doesn't disadvantage anyone hugely so i don't see why it shouldn't be put in.

The lazy aspect here is because you have a very good chance to actually prepare for said universe. Preparation is the key word, planning your gameplay is where it is at. Everything else is irrelevant.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:48 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

The Lost One wrote:
zhuang281 wrote:

The lazy aspect here is because you have a very good chance to actually prepare for said universe. Preparation is the key word, planning your gameplay is where it is at. Everything else is irrelevant.

Lighten up, it's a game, a temp uni, nothing will get done.

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:01 am

I don't understand the part about "Nothing will get done". If nothing will be done here, why not add this for the regular universes as well? You can't really draw a line between serious and unserious universes, this is a completely fully functional universe, and it should not be any different from other universes.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:50 am

In a week, alot of teams wont build. If alot of teams wont build, they wont have fuel. If they dont have fuel, then cant fight properly. Our pvp will be boring =)

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:08 am

Quote:
And it is a part of the game that Nuclear Waste and Enriched Nuclear Waste actually is possible to mine for using it as fuel. Same goes for producing promethium without bases.

Again I quote previous posts of mine.

So, you actually have the opportunity to spend really short amounts of time to mass-mine fuel for the entire temporary universe. Now we are back at the lazy part.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:20 am
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

The Lost One wrote:
Quote:
And it is a part of the game that Nuclear Waste and Enriched Nuclear Waste actually is possible to mine for using it as fuel. Same goes for producing promethium without bases.

Again I quote previous posts of mine.

So, you actually have the opportunity to spend really short amounts of time to mass-mine fuel for the entire temporary universe. Now we are back at the lazy part.

Except you won't have any for the actual uni after that, since you won't be able to make any during the temp uni :p

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:38 am

I don't understand that statement at all. Of course you are able to make the 3 different commodities that is discussed here during the temporary universe. Being able to stock them up in masses from the temporary universe is an argument I did not think of, but thanks for reminding me of it, that is just another reason on why not to add this.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:42 am

I can't think of any reason not to have it for the temporary universe.

Argument for : Its convenient

Argument against: Your lazy so gtfo. I dont think this is a very persuasive argument :P

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 am

Laziness is not my only argument, as you would see in this topic. This will only be convenient for those who log on a minute or two every day, and don't plan their gameplay. It gives disadvantages to not plan your gameplay, and thus you players who are in that category, will have to mine the commodities or produce them by hand when the temporary universe starts.

And well, the players I see in this thread that are for adding a fuel station are not the most active when it comes to planning your gameplay.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:55 am

The Lost One wrote:
Laziness is not my only argument, as you would see in this topic. This will only be convenient for those who log on a minute or two every day, and don't plan their gameplay. It gives disadvantages to not plan your gameplay, and thus you players who are in that category, will have to mine the commodities or produce them by hand when the temporary universe starts.

And well, the players I see in this thread that are for adding a fuel station are not the most active when it comes to planning your gameplay.

To set things straight, i have 2k prom and 1k enucs stored. So this suggestion isn't for me, Mr i know how to subtly insult someone :P

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:07 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next