Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Team: Zygort Traders
Main: MisterMister
Level: 3943

Post Dear Bageese, STOP LOCKING STUFF.
Getting quite irritating now, spoiling all the fun on some topics that really don't need locking.

Unless they bad.

Quit using your devmin powers.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:34 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Post Re: Dear Bageese, STOP LOCKING STUFF.
What locked topics? I see nothing.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Locking community photos because he wants to bash people.

Locking suggestions because he wants to bash people.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:33 pm
Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

The only thing I have personally locked is Community Photos, though I have set the Accepted suggestions to have the same permissions as dev notes, so you can continue the conversation on those topics if you wish. If you have any concerns my inbox is always open for feedback.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:33 pm
Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

bageese wrote:
The only thing I have personally locked is Community Photos, though I have set the Accepted suggestions to have the same permissions as dev notes, so you can continue the conversation on those topics if you wish. If you have any concerns my inbox is always open for feedback.

Heres a suggestion, unlock comm. photos.
I'm aware its not heading in a great direction, but you KNOW as well as I do that a lot of the hold SS has on people is its community, so delete the bad posts and reopen it, please.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:36 pm
Support/PR Administrator

andezrhode3 wrote:
bageese wrote:

I'm aware its not heading in a great direction, but you KNOW as well as I do that a lot of the hold SS has on people is its community, so delete the bad posts and reopen it, please.

There are 2000+ posts in that thread. That would take considerable time that I cannot take away from other vital tasks. I think though, I will create Community Photos Part 2. And make sure that stays moderated. Is that a fair compromise?

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:41 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

bageese wrote:
There are 2000+ posts in that thread. That would take considerable time that I cannot take away from other vital tasks. I think though, I will create Community Photos Part 2. And make sure that stays moderated. Is that a fair compromise?
Seems legit. I was kinda wondering why someone didn't just make a new one...

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:48 pm
Profile WWW

bageese wrote:
andezrhode3 wrote:
bageese wrote:

Actually I think there's an easier solution. Just delete like, the most recent 3-4 pages at the end, since they must have been considered viral to be removed. We can repost the few images I'm sure.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:07 pm
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

Locking is just a yellow card. Deleting is a red.

We can always start a new community photos only thread.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:14 pm
Team: Zygort Traders
Main: MisterMister
Level: 3943

Aye community photos should be reborn.

If anyone is trolling / shouting abuse around they should be reported, in which case it should be looked into, could rely on the playerbase to report the people who abuse the thread?

:)

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:33 pm
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

There should be signs of forum moderators and forum moderating from now on, I think we can rely on that instead.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:50 pm
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Who cares about old posts anyway, just ignore old flames and moderate topic from this moment.
If there's some1 really upset about certain post, he can report it - theres report icon at the bottom of every post ;)

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:15 pm

*Sigh*
I saw the fix.
Bageese, I truly do appreciate your fine work and the effort you're putting in, but this particular fix is like taking your family tree, then one generation was crackheads, so you only show the people after it.
You're erasing our history, I'm sorry but that's something no one should ever do.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:29 pm
Support/PR Administrator

A new topic has been made. I stand by my original statements that the topic became filled with flaming, trolling, derogatory remarks, etc that it was beyond all hope of recovery. I have a to do list of things to do for SS that will take a very long time to complete, I cannot devote time to deleting individual posts (3-4 pages back included) on an ancient thread. As it is we are currently bogged down in verifying the status of bugs, and moving suggestions to appropriate boards.

I will add a link to the old topic at the initial post of the second topic. I am truly sorry but I cannot devote any more of my resources or people to pruning a topic of 2000+ posts.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:32 pm

bageese wrote:
A new topic has been made. I stand by my original statements that the topic became filled with flaming, trolling, derogatory remarks, etc that it was beyond all hope of recovery. I have a to do list of things to do for SS that will take a very long time to complete, I cannot devote time to deleting individual posts (3-4 pages back included) on an ancient thread. As it is we are currently bogged down in verifying the status of bugs, and moving suggestions to appropriate boards.

I will add a link to the old topic at the initial post of the second topic. I am truly sorry but I cannot devote any more of my resources or people to pruning a topic of 2000+ posts.

This isn't me blowing smoke up your ass [unless you enjoy that], but if you can arrange it somehow, I will take it upon myself to edit it as needed.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:34 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next