Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Team: Traders
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

Post Re: Drones
I thought joined date was set to when you created your account, not just when you joined the forums... :roll:

Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:18 am
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

Ceno wrote:
aeljuga wrote:
Did admins warned you?!?

YES!

Would you be Ok , if the admins told you this?

'Dear player, We suggest you do not play because of the unstableness of the server. When you disconnect, and lose all your weapons. We will not refund them, we warned you!'

yes.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:01 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Lord Runningclam
Level: 4185

Llessur-

I agree that it is unfortunate that engineers have lost drones because of game instability and not actual game play (ie failures as a player). I have lost several sets of drones to game crashes, and I agree that I do find it frustrating.

I will also agree that perhaps when C2 was first implemented that it would have been a smart move on the part of developers to temporarily implement an alternate system of drone loss that would have minimized the penalties of server crashes.

However, I also do find that the system is stabilizing. I don't feel like at this point it is a terrible risk to lay my drones like I did right when C2 went in (and I took a bit of a break because of it). In other words, I think that the system actually is as likely now to crash causing a loss of drones as the system was likely to crash pretty much before c2 (I remember 3-4 years ago the system crashed much more frequently than it has for me lately).

To be honest, as a long term engineer, I've kind of grown to like the drone loss. To me, engineer is the single most exciting class to play because of it. Unlike other classes, how I fight actually matters. I have long since gotten bored with my zerker, speed demon, sniper, and monk because they DONT stand to lose anything.

Personally, I'd rather see it more likely that the OTHER classes will suffer a substantial loss on death than anything be changed about the engineer mechanics.

In addition, if they change drone-death, they MUST nerf the engineer class, and I don't want that to happen (and I don't think a lot of other engineers want that to happen). I really like being able to do the content that I do, and I would not enjoy the game nearly as much if I had to cut back on the things that I killed to "easier" targets.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:55 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

seanla4350 wrote:
I thought joined date was set to when you created your account, not just when you joined the forums... :roll:

I said playing the game, not created my account lol I've had many accounts before this one.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:18 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

paxiprime wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:

I said playing the game, not created my account lol I've had many accounts before this one.

Well based upon this one (the only one your posting from) your too young to claim being here longer than furble. :P

But, droners have complained (and rightly so) about the huge costs and risks associated with drones and the ratio of expense between DMs and any other class has only become worse now that the repair system has been implemented.

Theres a perfect reason why iv not played DM for a few years..my main might stay DM. But iv no reason to play a class that gets shit on because the admins get out of bed on the wrong foot.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:36 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2