Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Change squad limit
JeffL wrote:
Well, team size is a different thing. Maybe what we need is a more organic limit to team size rather than a hard cap. What I don't want is for everyone in the game to be in just two different teams. That's boring. A lot of smaller teams is a lot more fun. So we'd need some incentive for a smaller, more active team.

This is definitely a valid concern, but in practice I don't know if it would actually shake down that way. It takes a lot of work to administrate a big team, as I've discovered on Traders+Dark Traders these past few unis. I think there are enough rivalries and animosities among players to insure that you'll never have just a few big teams.

However, wouldn't it be easy enough to monetarily incentivize small teams? Just deduct credits from team funds based on how many players are in the team over 150.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:42 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Or, create an alliance function so when 2 teams or on an alliance, credits are deducted the same way if they were at war. The perks of this system would be to remove all aggro troubles in big fights between 2v2 teams. the c-code in large scale fights pretty much demolishes any attempt to keep aggro under raps, and this would help a bunch.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:08 am
Dev Team
Main: SuperCow
Level: 25

As mentioned, squad limits will likely stay the same. Team limits may be open for debate depending on the discussion content.

Thu May 03, 2012 2:55 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2