Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

Post Re: 1 new focus 2 new classes
paxx, it sounds cool now, to have some classes be able to teleport in the way described, but what happens when you get seers doing it, or beserkers, and it completely fucks the old ways of playing the game?

T21 stuff sounded cool too, but for many players its actually worsened the game.

the admins need to only add things in ways that do not fundamentally screw with the gameplay, and the only way this suggestion can be implemented, without fundamentally screwing with the gameplay, is by adding it as a new focus and two new classes.

because i dont want to screw with the gameplay. i want it to be an addition, not a fundamental game changer. i want there to still be PvP without the TP class behaviour or the copying class behaviour, and i DAMN SURE dont want any balance changes to the already existing classes as a result of them gaining new abilities, and the only way to ensure that happens, is to lock those abilities into their own classes

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:32 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

I'm not sure about the second one. Cloning is just creepy.
First one sounds fun, teleporting people about.

Suggestion was made by someone who doesn't even play the game, just sits on his arse on the forums though, so probably has no idea how it would work.

Its not broken, just an odd suggestion. The admins will take one look at this suggestion and say NO though. Shame.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:50 am

Tomzta09 wrote:
I'm not sure about the second one. Cloning is just creepy.
First one sounds fun, teleporting people about.

Suggestion was made by someone who doesn't even play the game, just sits on his arse on the forums though, so probably has no idea how it would work.

Its not broken, just an odd suggestion. The admins will take one look at this suggestion and say NO though. Shame.

the trollforce is strong in this one.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:58 am

bump for admin response

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:43 am
Dev Team
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

sorry that im not an admin, but still i do like the concept of that idea xD. Its not up to me to decide if it ever happen or not, but i most certainly don't oppose it.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:03 pm
Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

Jey123456 wrote:
sorry that im not an admin, but still i do like the concept of that idea xD. Its not up to me to decide if it ever happen or not, but i most certainly don't oppose it.

From what I've skimmed it looks interesting. And if Jey likes it, I'll go ahead and toss it into consideration so we can get some more visibility on it. =)

I'm not content though, nor is Jey. But I'll poke our content people and see what they think.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:57 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

What I have been trying to tell landswimmer, is that while it is cool to have dedicated items for teleportation and mimicry for "cloning", you can stick the ideas into more than one of the current classes, therefore no need for new classes. What landswimmer doesn't get, is that it doesn't break the current classes. You have advantages and disadvantages to using such items over other items. You will never get a cake and eat it too.

For example, you have have PWI-like items, but you don't have the control as manually piloting your ship. So if you need to turn around, or dodge projectiles, you'll have a harder time doing so. Also, such teleportation items could use large amount of elect to charge, making it harder to use for some setups.

There were a number of seers that found the Hop Drive to be a difficult item to use, mainly because none of them used energies or setups that had over 250 EPS. They had their advantages elsewhere...just not in the EPS department.

But for Zerk, landswimmer likes the slow moving juggernaut that his old Lion Lincin zerk was. The problem is that a sniper could just turn around and go the other way, regardless of how powerful the zerk was. The zerk simply moved slower than the sniper.

(I go 100 speed. Most zerks go 50-75. I will kill it eventually, or tie up its shield monkey long enough for a buddy to come kill it.)

It would be wonderful if his class COULD close distance, keeping in with the mostly "up close and personal" feel that the name suggests, and teleportation type items are one way to compensate for the disadvantage of being short ranged. I mean, you don't want to use longer range as a counter for sniper. Then you will be another sniper.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:11 pm

churchil, what you are suggesting, is YOUR SUGGESTION. not mine.

my suggestion does not involve any items(except where code requires them to be added, invisible to the player and 0 size/weight with 0 elec cost, which is a real possibility, as i cant see how a cooldown can be added to a non-item abiltiy). the abilities will be given through class skills.

your suggestion does not serve the purposes that my suggestion is intended to serve. adding the suggestion as non-class locked items would be nothing more than "over powered PWIs" that would completely change the game. i dont want to change the game, i want to add to it.

also, when a thread gets moved into "suggestions under consideration" it means its being considered "AS IS". the ADMINS are deciding if it needs changes, or can be implemented in its current form. you dont change it until the admins say it needs changing.

logically you have only one choice, and that is, to make your own thread, with YOUR version of the suggestion, as an alternative to my suggestion. you can even reference my suggestion, i dont care.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:43 am

Making a class built SOLELY to use a certain tactic or item is exactly what made sniper so powerful compared to ...Berserker. The whole reason why YOU complain about being unable to kill or damage snipers is because Zerk is based on the idea that it can hold aggro and tank, but can't do anything else, and is worthless without a monkey.

This suggestion of yours is based on the idea that teleportation is ONLY thing this class can do well. And as such will be regarded as useless in the long run. It has fun ideas, but who is going to care about the class? It doesn't hurt, it doesn't tank, and it can't support allies like FC and Engineer can. As such, no one will pick it, no one will be frazzled by it, and everyone will ignore it if it comes to a fight, be it PvE or PvP.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:11 am

Max235 wrote:
This suggestion of yours is based on the idea that teleportation is ONLY thing this class can do well. yes, because thats what it is SUPPOSED to do well. it is meant to be nigh uncatchable, just like a sniper or SD.

beserkers suffer at the hands of snipers so much, because beserkers cant run. ever. if you fight back, you fail, if you run, you only die tired.
And as such will be regarded as useless in the long run. by you maybe, but ill be using the new classes for sure, because i know how they're meant to be used tactically, and if noone else can figure it out, they'll pick it up by watching me use it. It has fun ideas, but who is going to care about the class? i will It doesn't hurt its not meant to, if it did high DPS it would be overpowered. its meant to do enough DPS to harrass, and kill, if the target does not fight back, which is enough to force them to switch targets and prevents them from killing anyone else while they're being harrassed. thats the entire point of the class. countersniper/counterSD actions in team battles. and the manuverability options mean players are free to aug for maximum DPS, maximum hull or whatever stat they like., it doesn't tank, neither do SDs and it can't support allies like FC and Engineer can. its meant to support allies in a different way. never underestimate the effect of a gremcannon shot to the back in the middle of a fight. SDs have for years been using gremcannon tactics. the teleporter class is meant to use very similar tactics. As such, no one will pick it, no one will be frazzled by it, and everyone will ignore it if it comes to a fight, be it PvE or PvP. worst case scenario, it does nothing, doesnt break any part of the game, and needs to be beefed.

as far as "worst case scenarios" go, thats about as good as it gets.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:57 am

You don't understand. It does not have any niche for PvE. Even seer has a niche for PvE. But this thing? Zero. Seer is the thief in Skyrim that stabs you with dual wield daggers and 30x crit damage. This thing has no damage.

This thing has no stealth. This thing has no defenses. This thing has no CC that no other class already has. I can do the EXACT same thing as your Quantum class with my seer, but with a far greater gank, a much higher tank, and better escape options. Because it does not need extremely heavy damage scaling, I can stick a Jovian aug into the setup and still solo level. You can't.

You either do 4 damage augs or reset class. If you could do damage like me, then you'd be another seer and not need to suggest this.

I can teleport just as well as you can with a Hop Drive. Unlike you, I have the power to support it (or a pwi if i chose to use that instead) without any change to my damage build. If i don't like having a Combined Aspect of the Panther, I can go full damage and use a Dark Cage or a HBME.

So, with my seer, i have superseded your entire role, killed or damaged an enemy, and escaped with my ship intact. You died and didn't do any damage. Your enemy continues on as it did before.

I will go make my suggestion.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:45 am

god i wish i could ban you from posting in my threads churchil...

you havent even read the suggestion.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:29 am

landswimmer wrote:
god i wish i could ban you from posting in my threads churchil...

you havent even read the suggestion.

I have and I saw that it would be shitty.

Quote:
gets much lower dmg and shield boosts than other classes
- Means that it gets lower DPH than a Speed Demon, and lower DPS than a Gunner. You even LOSE shields by being this class, as Seer/SD don't actually gain any shields from any of their skills. In order words, it does fuck all damage whatsoever and is fucking squishy. If you can't even dent your target, you have NO USE IN PvE. Even a Tractor Dread has slaves/drones. Your class is a low damage light fighter. Ie: doesn't use drones and slaves.

If you die, your actions have been wasted. If you use a gremcannon on me and then I can turnaround and one shot you from 4000 away, you are going to be one pissed off motherfucker.

The charging the warper to jump to other galaxies is stupid. Because if you change the travel system of SS to include "Fast Travel", then a class that is specifically designed to also Fast Travel is fucking useless because EVERY class can also fast travel.

Quote:
users of this class are to have the ability to generate 2-3 copies of their own ship depending on class level, the stats of the "split" ships are scaled by their level in the class subskills. when the "split" is activated, their ship becomes 2-3 different ships, all controlled flying in formation (either 2 side by side or 3 in a triangle shape).

This specific idea, as said by Paxx, is impossible. The concept, however, is not. You deploy two large fighters (physically large, means you need a similar looking ship) that inherits your max speed and max shields (but 1/3 your resists). At the end of the duration, you get a boost to regen/healing. And yet, it can still be thrown into seer.

The thing is that you want to maximize every potential facet of every single class while keeping the same unique feel to every class. A Seer should be based around radar, stealth, and crits, no matter what it does and no matter what it looks like.

What you think might be OP if stuck onto a class can easily be separated into specific ships. A PWI-like item on a specific ship becomes way less powerful when you realize the ship only has 3 augs at T20 and Light Fighter.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:54 am

nothing is stopping the admins from giving the classes DPS and shield boosts

get the fuck out of my thread churchil.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:21 pm

bumping for non churchil response

Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:42 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next