Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

Post 1 new focus 2 new classes
quantum focus - bonuses to be determined by admins

portal class:

gets much lower dmg and shield boosts than other classes, instead has a teleport ability that has a half second cooldown, with the distance limited by the thrust of the engine (a 2000 thrust engine lets the player teleport 2k distance, a 25000 thrust engine lets the player teleport 25000 distance. teleports are controlled with rightclicks, and replace the autopilot feature, which can still be controlled with the /ap "galaxy name" command, and clicks on the map for travel between systems, teleporting the player after a "charging" period equal to 1 seconds per 100 used hullspace per jump (so a ship with 600 space used, will take 18 seconds to charge for a 3 system long jump, and a ship with 100,000 space used will take 20000 seconds for a 20 system long jump)

this class is meant to be a "harder to catch" version of speed demon and sniper, with less damage and shields, it is also intended to provide an option for players who feel that the current transport methods in SS are a joke.

this class may be considered as broken, but please dont make me use a marijuana/tobacco/alcohol legality argument as an analogy for why speed demon and sniper class being so hard to catch completely obliterates any arguments that a teleporting class is broken.

superposition class:

users of this class are to have the ability to generate 2-3 copies of their own ship depending on class level, the stats of the "split" ships are scaled by their level in the class subskills. when the "split" is activated, their ship becomes 2-3 different ships, all controlled flying in formation (either 2 side by side or 3 in a triangle shape).

all act as copies, with stats controlled by class skills, until either the ability cooldown ends and one copy is randomly selected to become the main ship once again with the other copies self destructing, or the copies are destroyed by attackers until only one ship remains (this ship becomes the main ship, and the ability cannot be re-activated until the cooldown is expired). shields are conserved during the transitions too, so if a main ship with 10% shields activates its ability, all the copies will have 10% shields.

this class is intended to open up new strategies for fighting ubers which do so much damage that they kill their target instantly, and to make PvP more interesting (and if it sounds OP having deaths be utterly meaningless, remember that deaths are ALREADY meaningless)

to the players who want to rant about how this will break the game, dont bother posting, because i dont give a fuck what you think. absolutely nothing you say will ever change my mind or influence my opinion. you do however have every right to debate WITH THE ADMINS (NOT ME) over the merits of this suggestion, as they will be the ones to decide if it gets implemented or not. (just to reiterate, any "herp derp this gonna break the game" bullshit directed at me will be responded to with contemptuous heavy trolling)

to the admins reading this suggestion, there are no limits as to what balancing measures may be taken to make these features a reality. the priority is to get these features in the game, to provide an outlet for certain players who need something new to convince them to keep paying their sub (there are many of us.)

TL;DR - two new "quantum" inspired classes, one that copies itself and one that can teleport. other properties to be determined by admins.

i do think that these two classes are "sufficiently different" from other classes to justify their inclusion in the game.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:23 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Post Re: 1 new focus 2 new classes
The best new classes suggestion ever!

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:48 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Sounds like stuff to add to Seer to make it less boring and more viable for lower end teams so they aren't restricted to being Sniper Teams.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:16 pm
Main: Bastamental
Level: 3586

Max235 wrote:
Sounds like stuff to add to Seer to make it less boring and more viable for lower end teams so they aren't restricted to being Sniper Teams.

CANT SEER JUST MOVE ON THE Z AXIS WHEN STEALTHED FFS. Then we can go back to DPH!!!!!

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Max235 wrote:

i considered having the teleport thing added to seer, but i realised it would mean major changes to seer class, completely destroying the current playstyles and making any non-teleport based strategy useless for seers.

its better to just add it as a different class, so the admins can start fresh with it, and balance it however they want, without a group of players who will be pissed off at their favourite class being changed and most likely heavily nerfed to compensate for their newfound abilities

with that said, i dont think there will be any major hurdles to players being able to make their TP ships have high damage per hit, so they can play like seers. its all up to what the admins decide to make the subskills give.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:47 pm
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

It sounds like a cool idea.. But is it practical? I don't think anyone would really choose a class based on teleportation? Can you give some examples please?

Also, the copies class is interesting, but again i don' understand how it can be applied in a situation. Unless you can change their formation, either way I think it'd be pretty easy to determine the main ship.

What about drones, slaves and fighters? IE - if I have a pax astro droner with 6x armarda infernos. if I split, is there now 18 Armada inferno drones. Admittedly they'd have less power, but what about fires?

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:49 pm
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

the 2nd class is not possible, ive discussed it with bobbo long before this idea

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:56 pm

Mail wrote:
It sounds like a cool idea.. But is it practical? I don't think anyone would really choose a class based on teleportation? Can you give some examples please?

i would. i very recently reaugged my lion, and the sudden lack of speed has been so goddamn annoying that i hardly play anymore.

plus, the ability to teleport around quickly provides an awesome way to harrass snipers and speed demons, even though the teleport class will have much lower bonuses to shields and DPS (meaning they'll almost always lose if they try full frontal attacks), so the teleporting becomes useful mainly for harrassing other players during team battles, and escaping/dodging attacks.

Also, the copies class is interesting, but again i don' understand how it can be applied in a situation. Unless you can change their formation, either way I think it'd be pretty easy to determine the main ship. there would be no main ship, just 3 copies,

the easiest way i can think of to explain it, is like the pandaren hero in warcraft 3 frozen throne (NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT.), its ultimate ability lets it transform into 3 different units, and if any one of those 3 units survives until the end of the ability timer, the pandaren hero returns to normal with full health.

this however would be different, as at the conclusion of the timer, the player's main ship becomes whichever copy has the most health, and the other two copies self destruct.

the entire point is that there is no "focus on the 'real' ship for an easy kill" tactic. you have to kill all three copies, or equally damage them all so that when the player's copies self destruct, his main ship has less than full health, meaning any copies he makes will have less than full health.

ideally, this class would recieve no stat bonuses, just "stat scalings" for levels in subskills, at level 20, the damage dealt by each of the copies would be equal to the main ship, but at level 0, the total damage of the copies would be 40%, meaning all 3 add up to give an overall boost of 20% to DPS. same applies for shields, and the third subskill is up to the admins.

the class skill itself would control how many copies are made, so players just starting out only make 2 copies, but players with maxed class skills can have 3, or maybe even 4. (4 might be OP)

What about drones, slaves and fighters? IE - if I have a pax astro droner with 6x armarda infernos. if I split, is there now 18 Armada inferno drones. Admittedly they'd have less power, but what about fires? it is its own class, and the drone slots would not change. the primary advantage would be that the player only needs to carry one of each drone they want to use. slaves would be unaffected, and fighters would be treated the same way as drones.

Timmeh[/color]

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:03 am
Main: ahileus
Level: 3759

Interesting suggestion Demonblood.

I dont think we need another focus/classes but it would be interesting if we could implement some of these suggestions in current focuses/classes.

If you develop this suggestion even more, i bet admins/devs will accept it.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:40 am

i considered having these features as items, so all classes can take advantage of them, but;

self copying items would be OP to the point of completely changing the way SS is played, rather than simply being an option, it would become essential, like Aug Tweaking, with players who dont have it, being unable to compete.

teleporting already exists in the form of PWI/singbrake type items, but new TP items would not fulfil the role of the teleporter class without the TP items being extremely OP. the half second cooldown is an integral part of the way the class is meant to be played, without it, the TP ability is nothing more than another pain in the ass for the players who cant afford the items, which would obviously be expensive as hell, therefore adding in items and balancing those items to work with current classes would completely defeat the purpose of the suggestion.

plus, i'm strongly opposed to new "ultra expensive" items being added to the game, they do nothing for the lower level players, they become nothing more than trophies for the rich payers, and are used to screw with the poorer players. overall they make the game worse, not better.

the only balanced way to have these features ingame and serve their intended purposes, is to have them as their own classes.

this allows the admins to balance the two classes properly, to precisely tune the stat bonuses so that they provide a new way to play SS, without destroying the old ways.

and, it avoids adding in new ultra-expensive items that only rich players can afford. which is the most important part. it would seriously piss me off if this suggestion was implemented in the form of items, as those items would only ruin the game experience of the players who cannot afford those items, as the items end up being used by greifers and ultra-powerful teams to bully smaller teams.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:21 am

To be honest, this is exactly what I hate about SS and hate about the administration in general. Each class has a specific design and focus and no other class can make it work. If you try to make it work, you will waste all your money and have a 98% chance to be a complete and utter failure.

If the game administrators want to call this a sandbox (and they actually do call it one), you want to maximize what a class can do and be, while still keeping the general feel of the class. You don't want to restrict each class to a narrow view. Well, you can, but the game is no where near big enough to make it work. We'll need to be about 500,000 people bigger before it starts to work smoothly. Ie, Everquest size.

Teleport items should not be strictly for one class. Most classes should be able to teleport to some degree.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:22 am

Max235 wrote:
To be honest, this is exactly what I hate about SS and hate about the administration in general. Each class has a specific design and focus and no other class can make it work. If you try to make it work, you will waste all your money and have a 98% chance to be a complete and utter failure.

If the game administrators want to call this a sandbox (and they actually do call it one), you want to maximize what a class can do and be, while still keeping the general feel of the class. You don't want to restrict each class to a narrow view. Well, you can, but the game is no where near big enough to make it work. We'll need to be about 500,000 people bigger before it starts to work smoothly. Ie, Everquest size.

Teleport items should not be strictly for one class. Most classes should be able to teleport to some degree.

i stated in the original post that i would not be tolerating any shit, and i, out of common decency and respect, in a civil way, explained to ahileus why the suggestion will not work as an item, why do you doubt my statement?

why do you force me to speak in an uncivilised fashion?

THE SUGGESTION WONT WORK FOR ITEMS. IF IT DID, I WOULD HAVE SUGGESTED IT.

TELEPORT ITEMS WITH 25k+ RANGE, HALF SECOND COOLDOWNS AND NO ELEC COST, WILL BREAK EVERY SINGLE CLASS IN THE GAME. ANYTHING LESS WOULD NOT FULFIL THE ROLE OF THE TP CLASS. THAT IS WHY IT CAN ONLY BE A CLASS.

an admin has not yet responded to this thread, therefore you have no grounds for argument, or complaint. if you want to bitch about SS, MAKE ANOTHER THREAD.

even if an admin did respond to this thread, they would never approve an item that takes no elec, has a half second cooldown, and can teleport players anywhere they click, up to a max distance of 25k, BECAUSE IT WOULD BE LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO BALANCE.

it can only be balanced, if it is its own class.

do you understand? be retarded if you want, bitch about not having OP teleport items for every class, but DO IT IN A DIFFERENT THREAD. THIS THREAD IS MINE, churchil. so sit the fuck down. i make the rules. i make the suggestion. you either vote yes on the suggestion as is, or you vote no and make YOUR OWN GODDAMN THREAD to discuss the overpowered, game breaking PWI's. that you want. because thats what you're asking for. i want a new class that will add another way to play SS. you want a new item that will for everyone, change the way SS is played.

which is basically the same as going to every SS player and saying "yo dawg i herd you liek SS, so i changed it to a completely different game, where everything you know about PvP and combat is completely worthless because the game is now dominated by people who own insanely overpowered PWIs"

to all the people who agree with churchil, go look for churchil's thread.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:51 pm

I like how you rage over my suggestions. The troll is being trolled by the non-troll. I suggest something, then you blow up.

/me claps

You have to realize, that there is no damage niche for this class or focus. It doesn't hurt as much stealthy-burst or DPH as a Seer, does not fire as fast as SD, does not have the burst of a Zerk, and doesn't sustain like a sniper. Essentially it's in the same boat as Gunner.

The advantage is its ability to teleport. But if you have no Crowd Control (CC) or Burst, then people will just ignore you if you show up.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:06 pm

THATS KIND OF THE POINT.

there is NOTHING preventing the admins from giving it its own class subskills that boost DPS or shield

and there is nothing stopping the admins from boosting the DPS and shields at a later date. the point is to get the classes implemented, so they can be slowly scaled up, rather than being introduced OP, completely wrecking the game, and then being removed again

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:33 pm
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

i don't think there is room for a 5th focus too be honest, no matter how great of an idea this is there is a simple fact that jeff probably does not want to deviate from what he originally envisioned this game to be

EDIT: maybe try and tie it into a 4th sub skill for each individual class in t22, but idk thats all im gonna say

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:29 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next