Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Post Contact Game Reviewers to do a SS-Review Pre-Steamrelease
Pretty much as the title says, if SS is going to get released on steam this uni. We should get some hype about before so people can see how complex it is, because let's face it I don't think the graphics can compete with what's out there. So we shouldn't focus on that. This game is like the most complex game ever though and people are looking for non-dumbed down games. So just recently I saw this:

http://spacesimcentral.com/

How about admins contact these guys they got a steam community apparently, and maybe some well-known youtube game reviewer, i dont know any though. Anyways it'd be nice to know if the devteam has any pre-release PR plan in mind because if we get a general review from people with pre-knowledge we'd get slaughtered.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:09 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Contact Game Reviewers to do a SS-Review Pre-Steamreleas
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ata+review

We have 3 that have been done. XD

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:36 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3240

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
None of those are by big-name reviewers, nor by people who (imo) know what they're doing.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:46 pm

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
None of those are by big-name reviewers, nor by people who (imo) know what they're doing.

I'm well aware. Bageese was going through a huge list of minor reviewers and asking them to try us out, this is the result I think.

When we are ready for Steam, I'd love to see a big name review us on Youtube. That + Greenlight would be a HUGE influx of new players.

Our tutorial zone needs instanced for small groups. Imagine the issue if 100 people joined in an hour, and all attempted to finish the first Kill mission. Those ai only spawn so fast.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:57 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

ELITE wrote:
thecrazygamemaster wrote:

I'm well aware. Bageese was going through a huge list of minor reviewers and asking them to try us out, this is the result I think.

When we are ready for Steam, I'd love to see a big name review us on Youtube. That + Greenlight would be a HUGE influx of new players.

Our tutorial zone needs instanced for small groups. Imagine the issue if 100 people joined in an hour, and all attempted to finish the first Kill mission. Those ai only spawn so fast.

Only if you assume that the reviews are positive. I doubt any big name review is going to spend the month necessary (minimum) on an indie game to get an accurate feel for this game that *may* lead to a good review.

All publicity is good publicity... unless you're a video game. Just look at the most recent Spiderman game that no one bought because all of the reviews trashed its morality system.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:23 pm

Which is why they need to show a reviewer the complexity of this game before it gets a bad review, because it takes at least a month indeed to see it for yourself

Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:16 am

Dom wrote:
Which is why they need to show a reviewer the complexity of this game before it gets a bad review, because it takes at least a month indeed to see it for yourself

I'd like to see a professional review do any other MMO in a 10 minute session XD.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:26 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

It's fine if they try out the starting zone but to get a decent review we should really try to get those reviewers in on some endgame stuff: T22 run and some BvB or PvB.

The best aspect of SS IMO is its complexity compared to other games. Someone should defffinately try to explain that to whoever is reviewing.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:21 am
Main: Tenshi
Level: 6425

Instead of relying on reviewers out there, it might be an idea to create a promotion video (or multiple) from the community itself, or the admins. The current trailers SS has show nothing but a glimpse of what the game looks like.

You could have videos that showcase certain aspects of the game only, such as managing galaxies, operating a base and what you can do with it. I think a lot of people would find the thought of owning a space for yourself or your team really cool. This is just one of the examples we could think of.

Of course, these videos shouldn't be too short, neither too long. What's important though is to show the meaningful things which make people think "OMG YOU CAN DO THAT!?"

SS is a very unique game, with features I'm sure a lot of people aren't familiar with and would love to try out if presented in an interesting way.

Original Spartan112 (Oct 2006 - May 2010)

Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:27 am

Tenshi wrote:
Instead of relying on reviewers out there, it might be an idea to create a promotion video (or multiple) from the community itself, or the admins. The current trailers SS has show nothing but a glimpse of what the game looks like.

You could have videos that showcase certain aspects of the game only, such as managing galaxies, operating a base and what you can do with it. I think a lot of people would find the thought of owning a space for yourself or your team really cool. This is just one of the examples we could think of.

Of course, these videos shouldn't be too short, neither too long. What's important though is to show the meaningful things which make people think "OMG YOU CAN DO THAT!?"

SS is a very unique game, with features I'm sure a lot of people aren't familiar with and would love to try out if presented in an interesting way.

Great idea and really agree with ya

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:27 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: XxFrostfangxX
Level: 3923

Open help channel to all lvls, not just lvl 20 - 50?

Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:51 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Brugle
Level: 4111

Lvl 50 is about day two / 10 hours of gameplay and thats when the stuff you really needs help with starts. So it should def be higher than 50.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:26 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: XxFrostfangxX
Level: 3923

andsimo wrote:
Lvl 50 is about day two / 10 hours of gameplay and thats when the stuff you really needs help with starts. So it should def be higher than 50.

Lvl 500 seems more like it

Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:13 am

So could any devs tell us what the battleplan is for the steam release or are they just going to release and then hope it all goes well?

Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:23 am

Bump because i find stuff i post so fucking important it needs to get bumped

Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:24 pm