Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

Post Feedback.
Several weeks ago, I go into SS2 beta and create my first SS2 beta character. I get to choose a path. I choose Earthforce because I'm mainstream and pirates sound mean. I hear a female voice talking about something. She sounds like she's struggling to sound minutely pleasant. I hear the voice say the word shtick and I stifle a chuckle. I turn off the female tutorial voice because it's kinda annoying now. I think I am supposed to dock at this base? I dock and begin the mission chains.

Mission chains: Where's the next mission in this chain? Was that the last one? I assume it was so I decide to go kill AI for levels and I get raped. Turns out there were more missions.

Skills: I have so little SP. I don't want to waste it on the wrong thing. Should I get this or that?????? I get this and I later realize I should have gotten that. Or should I have?

Beyond nexus: I'm on my own now. Finding things to kill is a bit difficult, all I see are AI that gang up on me and rape me. I have strained to this point by saving up SP for enough Drone Deployment for magic attacks. The magic attacks rape... for awhile. Eventually, I get into a rhythm: Kill some AI. Make a difficult choice of what to upgrade next. Upgrade. Feel like I should have upgraded a different skill. Buy new gear. Kill more AI. Get killed. Quit and come back later and do it again. After a couple days I lose interest in this monotonous line and decide to find another game that isn't so monotonous.

Getting on the test server with my C1 characters, here's what I experienced with my dreadnought and EFBC slaves:

Graphics

Low: I can't see shit for shit. I see a few faded lines. I see a black mass in the middle of a bunch of black mass with white dots. Is that my slaves or is something on my screen? Exit SS2 and go find a game where I can make sense out of its imagery.

Medium: I see some green glow on my ships. Which direction am I facing? Did I shoot a weapon or did someone shoot me? Is that even MY ship or is that someone else? Exit SS2 from continued eye strain for a game that makes sense.

High: Cool I got some glow. I can see my ships for once and I can make decent sense out of what is going on. Now I'm using 1.4 GB of RAM though, and I only have 2 GB of RAM to use. The texture of my ships looks like blurry, mixed, swirling paint. This is what I'm using 1.4 GB of RAM for???? The appearance of my ships is really nice, I just wish it didn't suck in so much memory. I consider how Grand Theft Auto SA doesn't graphically lag my computer as much. I exit SS and play GTA.

Very High: I move my mouse up and click connect. The cursor isn't moving... 15 seconds later, the cursor it receives my command moves up and clicks connect. 35 seconds later my screen is fully loaded. I can't see any improvements from High settings, but I'm now using 1.8 GB of RAM. Can't even slightly accomplish anything. Computer gives me a warning message about RAM usage. Exit game to save my computer's life.

Other:
User Interface: Enjoyable and easy to use. I wish the text-enter box was always on the screen like in C1, though.

Music: Smooth and enjoyable.

Sounds: Go well with the game.

MCing: Most of my work in C1 is done MCing. since I can barely maintain one client I find it nearly impossible to run 2 without having to close out of everything on my computer and set the computer's own graphics settings to as low as possible.

I know C2 would be a lot better for me if I had a better computer, but I do not, and unfortunately this is what I can offer for graphics feedback.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:35 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post Re: Feedback.
The sad part is that I can use 1.2gigs of ram to get eve's high quality to run smoothly. Theres a BIG difference between SS2 high quality and eve high quality.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:23 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

Post Re: Feedback.
What I'm getting at with the review of gameplay, I think there should be more missions, but with a bigger variety of mission types that can be done at a variety of levels to relieve monotony. For example, for level 1-20 you do Nexus missions. Then, for levels 20-40 you level on AI. At level 40 you get some mission chain(s) that can get you to level 60. And then you're on your own for levels 60-100. From there you get a mission chain that can get you to level ~130. Then you are on your own to level 200, then you get a chain that gets you 30 more levels, etc.

And perhaps two types of chains: Easy but lengthy, and difficult but short chains.

Other than that, I found the gameplay was mostly decent for my experience (as interestingly detailed above), I find that the game needs some serious decrease in its graphics usage.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:30 pm