Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Re: C2 server & client update May 24
The other improvement is that if you are generating more energy/second than your weapon firing takes, then with weapon charging, you don't lose any energy to fire, but under the old system, you would still lose a chunk of energy and have to refill it. Very minor difference, but still an improvement.

Tue May 24, 2011 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Main: KC trades
Level: 5

ok is there any reason for a energy bank afterall later on ? ;D .. sorry i know there sitll is as zekrer abnk wise etc.. ntl those changes have nice potential. dont ened crappy bank to shoot a v2 as sniper

Tue May 24, 2011 12:26 pm
Team: Traders
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

playerboy345 wrote:
I'll be cancelling my 2 subs when C2 comes out then.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Tue May 24, 2011 1:15 pm
Team: Technomages
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 4289

Might as well remove all bank based energies, since the only thing you'll have to use is quick regen. It makes no freaking sense.

Tue May 24, 2011 1:46 pm
Team: Traders
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

You might aswell make everything look really cool and not care about anything else.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Tue May 24, 2011 1:52 pm
Main: KC trades
Level: 5

thijs12b wrote:
Might as well remove all bank based energies, since the only thing you'll have to use is quick regen. It makes no freaking sense.

actually not. it only prevent the necessaty to have a certian bank to fire a weapon, to build up a bank for higher DPS for a certain time.. nothing changes. Its a difference if you as zerker have 700 elec per sec and no bank, but use weapons that woudl eat 2k elec per sec, and on the other hand you could ahve only 200elec but 700k bank wich let your weapons run non stop for quite some time.

Tue May 24, 2011 1:53 pm
Main: Earthforce Commander
Level: 963

So, pretty much now I can maximize the versatility of outlaw's volcom slaves with neutrino schism+/OS version (i forget which)? Yay! xD beforehand, I could ONLY pick weapons that used less than like 300 elec per shot, now I can pick weapons that have more EPShot.

Edit: aka regen setups are now better than bank setups.

Edit2: Will this be put in c1 by any chance?

Tue May 24, 2011 2:05 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Aye, it seems having minimal bank and massive regen is now every setup will be. All I need is 2k bank and as much regen as possible and I can do anything. This comes with the added bonus of requiring less hull space, as regen based energies are far smaller than bank energies.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Tue May 24, 2011 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Gamepro07
Level: 2040

I can give my slaves much crappier energies now, while giving the ability to use more intensive weaponry that is much larger, considering I won't need anymore fuel or as much space for the energy.

It used to be that my Speed Demon slaves could really only be used for combat support, doing various things to the enemy to make it easier for me to kill, distracting the enemy, and being the shield regenning tanks. Now instead they can be used for massive damage with weapons they could never use before.

At least, that's the way I understand it.

Tue May 24, 2011 2:39 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Gamepro08 wrote:
I can give my slaves much crappier energies now, while giving the ability to use more intensive weaponry that is much larger, considering I won't need anymore fuel or as much space for the energy.

It used to be that my Speed Demon slaves could really only be used for combat support, doing various things to the enemy to make it easier for me to kill, distracting the enemy, and being the shield regenning tanks. Now instead they can be used for massive damage with weapons they could never use before.

At least, that's the way I understand it.

I'm not sure at all why you are saying these things?

Tue May 24, 2011 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

Talking about jumping the gun, you people of little hope!

Tue May 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Oh don't take what I said seriously at all, I haven't had time to read it thoroughly or test it.

From what I understand, you are able now to fire a weapon without needing to have the actual energy to do so, as the energy is actually fueling the charge on the weaponry.

With that said, I can stick, say, V2 Rockets on my Basils, or give everything Merc Pulses or Dark Fists. Even though their RoF might be lower than normal, it's a lot better than using normal weapons.

Honestly I'm only hypothasizing. This opens up a lot of options, possibly overpowered options. Somebody could, say, come up with 9 Volcom+ slaves augged to make V2 Rockets work, then one shot something important.

And also honestly, I haven't even read this deeply enough to understand exactly how things work. I absolutely need to test these things first-hand, so don't listen to me until I test it! ;)

I need to get out of work first though. Soon. 45 minutes.

Tue May 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Maybe I'm not explaining it very well. You won't notice any difference in the way the game currently plays unless you pay really close attention, or maybe if there are certain weapons that require a certain bank that won't anymore, but we can always add that restriction back in if we want.

Tue May 24, 2011 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Earthforce Commander
Level: 963

I think what everyone is trying to explain can be solved by this example:

Elec bank of 100, a weapon to fire needs 200 energy. Assuming there is enough regen with the energy, what everyone is saying is that you can still fire that weapon. Some people are also giving examples of how the said mechanic could be broken.

Tue May 24, 2011 3:42 pm
Profile YIM

That, and calculations the effectiveness of various things is getting much tougher because the changing in levels is so smooth.

Tue May 24, 2011 4:43 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next