Team: Traders
Main: Murasame
Level: 3160

Post Suggestion: Gear needs gear glue warning message
So if you use 2 types of gear and 2 types of gear glue, you switch the gear thats higher tech and forget to get high tech gear glue and if you wanna undock it says something simmilar to the shield thing "Are you sure you wanna leave the base without the required gear glue level, your equipment is at risk".

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:42 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: supermonkey456
Level: 4933

Post Re: Suggestion: Gear needs gear glue warning message
/signed, and also, i think itd be helpful if like you have slaves and when u hit status report, it just tells u the type of GG, itd be great if it listed the quantity as well

Yugioh wrote: if by smexy you mean it looks like a squirrel run over by a car, sure.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:51 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

supermonkey456 wrote:
/signed, and also, i think itd be helpful if like you have slaves and when u hit status report, it just tells u the type of GG, itd be great if it listed the quantity as well

You can open slaves inventories already and unequip and equip different panels and diffusers

Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: supermonkey456
Level: 4933

itd be great for say wenn ur pvping and u need to see if u have enough gg to keep pvping or not

Yugioh wrote: if by smexy you mean it looks like a squirrel run over by a car, sure.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:07 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Hopefully we're going to get rid of GG.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Murasame
Level: 3160

JeffL wrote:

O.o?

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Bacchus wrote:
JeffL wrote:

O.o?

The GG system is stupid. For a high level, losing one GG doesn't do anything to your wallet, for 50m is extremely cheap for holding all your stuff in. In fact, the only way(barring fucking hackers) to actually lose gear is to forget you don't have GG.

But to a lowbie(not an alt), GG is very expensive because of the new person not having the best gear to stay alive in a "hostile" universe.

JeffL, from the last messages about it, wants to add a repair system(like World of Warcraft), and get rid of GG altogether.

In essence, all your items have 100(%) hitpoints. When you die, a fraction of the 100(%) is taken off. If it reaches 0, it either is destroyed or just stops working(NB stuff). To get the number up, you must repair it at a repair-station-y-thing, which costs money. The more valuable the item(I assume, probably tech based) the more it costs to repair.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:30 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 895

Getting rid of Gear Glue eh? As a somewhat-more-than-casual / not-really-hardcore player, this sounds great to me and a repair system sounds even better!.

To toss an idea out there: Maybe standard repairs could be done at AI stations, but you might could build a repair bay in player bases for more specific work? Or maybe higher levels could have access to a BP to build said repair bay? It's an idea. Unless all bases have repair bays by default, then meh. Actually, all bases having repair bays sounds like a bad idea, just AI stations and high-level player bases for use by teams in strategic locaitons.

F2P: Colonel Mustang/Riza Hawkeye/Jean Havoc/Heymans Breda/Kain Fuery

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:05 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

In the same vein, stasis gens should be built into control bots or there should at least be blueprints that allow you to combine the two. Anything that cuts down on the chance for critical loss due to minor oversight would be an improvement in this game. As it is, I don't dare leave team space after a few beers.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:34 am
Dev Team
Main: SuperCow
Level: 25

anilv wrote:
In the same vein, stasis gens should be built into control bots or there should at least be blueprints that allow you to combine the two.

Something along those lines is already planned. :wink:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:46 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

Precursor wrote:
anilv wrote:
In the same vein, stasis gens should be built into control bots or there should at least be blueprints that allow you to combine the two.

They are gonna get rid of GG and replace everything with "neuro-bound" items which can be chosen by the player. So loot will be instant dropped to pirates camping out side DG's etc.. Unless of course you neuro-bound everything you scoop.

Unless the idea has changed at tall?

Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:50 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Markoz wrote:
Precursor wrote:
anilv wrote:

They are gonna get rid of GG and replace everything with "neuro-bound" items which can be chosen by the player. So loot will be instant dropped to pirates camping out side DG's etc.. Unless of course you neuro-bound everything you scoop.

Unless the idea has changed at tall?

Fairly sure Jeff decided to move away from this idea; at least I hope I was able to convince him to...

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:51 pm