Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Post Paxian Exploration Mission
I recently started a revamp on the Paxian Exploration Missions.

If people doing Nexus could test the first batch when they get out that would be great :)

The idea behind the revamp is to make them significantly more interesting and fix a lot of the writing issues with them (spelling, grammar, cohesiveness).

If anyone has any more reasonable suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

Calypso

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:55 am
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Post Re: Paxian Exploration Mission
Calypso wrote:
I recently started a revamp on the Paxian Exploration Missions.

If people doing Nexus could test the first batch when they get out that would be great :)

The idea behind the revamp is to make them significantly more interesting and fix a lot of the writing issues with them (spelling, grammar, cohesiveness).

If anyone has any more reasonable suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

Calypso

When the missions say "explore", all you have to do is jump into the gal. Is there a way that you can tie it into an amount flown through the galaxy or something? Maybe fly to the absolute center of a gal to explore it.

Idk about these solutions, but it always kind of irked me that exploring means nothing, just jumping into the gal.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:17 am

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Part of making them more interesting is adding additional objectives to the "warp in - warp out" exploration missions. IE the mission to explore Shadow also has you planetscan the planet there!

If anyone has any ideas on what they think makes a galaxy for the exploration special, and therefore should be investigated, letnme know!

Calypso

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:05 am
Team: Traders
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

Calypso wrote:
Part of making them more interesting is adding additional objectives to the "warp in - warp out" exploration missions. IE the mission to explore Shadow also has you planetscan the planet there!

If anyone has any ideas on what they think makes a galaxy for the exploration special, and therefore should be investigated, letnme know!

Calypso

when you have to explore XYZ you should have to return like 5 cloud mercury or something like that?

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:11 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 895

playerboy345 wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Calypso

when you have to explore XYZ you should have to return like 5 cloud mercury or something like that?

Or maybe find and dock at the hidden base.
Maybe for Gargan you could scan the super giant sun, meaning you'll likely have to fly into it for a bit. Perhaps bring back some cheap over-sized gear for the Paxians to examine. I'll play around with the Paxian missions when I get home.

F2P: Colonel Mustang/Riza Hawkeye/Jean Havoc/Heymans Breda/Kain Fuery

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:46 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Explore Sol(Complete a basic patrol mission involving some pirates for the intended level)
Explore Free Market(Bring back some Cheap Plus gear and normal gear, to compare)
Explore Blue Outpost(Find hidden base, which is different from the original. Hidden base has a small spawn of angry Blue Pirates)
Explore Glass Matrix(Dock at Ice Matrix for part 1, part 2 to go back to Paxius)
Explore Shadow(Brian summed that up)
Explore Ring(Mine some asteroids for a Copper Ingot. Not enough spawn to get slaves to mass mine the Ingots for T21)
Explore Handel's Cove(Kill an mission spawned "smuggler", bring back the prototype cloak[cloak is different from Pax/UrQa/Bule design])
Explore Lavanite(Fly into the mess of suns and dock at base)
Explore Absolution(Attack the Absol AI and bring back some of its commods)
Explore Labyrinth(Reach the Minihore-w/e it's called layer, and kill it. Mission moved to where a level 300 would be)
Explore Deflector(Cap its Nuzzle[advanced])
Explore Reflector(Same)
Explore Biologique(bring back a petro extractor)
Explore XYZ(Dock at NEW hidden base. New base has coordinates placed in X and Y base. Mission mentions need for Galactic Locator)
Explore Copper(Advance to Copper...2?)
Explore Steppes(Get past first warp drone)
Explore Ruby Steppes(Get past second warp drone)
Explore Serpica(Bipolar mission is earlier in exploration, must finish first pwi mission)
Explore Bipolar(Get a Restraining Order. Mission doesn't take it, but it must be in your possession to complete)
Explore Lunacy(bring back a dem frag, and planet scan the planet)
Explore Snake Hole(Kill some BG's IN Snake Hole)
Explore Empathy Fields(Dock at AI base[advanced])
Explore Underworld, Reward: Light of Mythos. (f2p limit)
Explore Rumble, 2, 3(Complete a mission involving killing a certain number of R AI's)

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:09 pm
Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Zotowan Q
Level: 479

As I recall, there were also a few suggestions to make the galaxy in question show up on the player's map (with no connections attached to it unless they've been explored), so s/he would know which direction to fly in order to get to the galaxy.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Aredes
Level: 2178

SSGamer wrote:
As I recall, there were also a few suggestions to make the galaxy in question show up on the player's map (with no connections attached to it unless they've been explored), so s/he would know which direction to fly in order to get to the galaxy.

This seems like a fantastic suggestion!

Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:38 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

SSGamer wrote:

extremely /signed

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:06 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Jeff added new mission indicators which I think will point through unexplored galaxies.

Support

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:50 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Hmm, I thought we already added code that reveals the destination galaxy on your star map quite a while ago.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:49 pm
Profile WWW

We did but no one ever documented how to use it so it's lost on anyone who can't access the source and figure it out.

Also, I'm going to use some of those ideas Battlecruiser (and some of them are quite similar to what I already had done!)

Calypso

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:35 pm