Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

Post Design Oversights
I've noticed a couple design oversights that ought to be addressed. Don't know how else to put it or where else this might belong so here I go...

First: There is no way to exit full screen SS2 except Alt+F4 or (more often) crashing it. If its windowed mode you have the X in the corner, but come on... that's just bad style. There should be one in the options menu, an X within the GUI, and options on the character selection screen and login screen to exit.

Secondly: there's no option to switch accounts. If you click "Login Screen" in options, it takes you to character selection. Only way back to the Login Screen is starting a new client.

I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of any more off the top of my head; I fully expect others to add their complaints to mine.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:11 am
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Post Re: Design Oversights
Item selection in inventory is really flawed, It shows stats and options for an item that is under cursor instead of the one that was clicked.
Its a pain to use anything throu inventory atm.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:14 am
Main: Aredes
Level: 2178

Personally I want to take the C2 UI and punch it so hard that it deletes itself, but I try to keep those dark feelings under wraps ;)

I have some prototypes worked out for decent looking X's on the appropriate dialogs to close them, as well as simplified layouts that provide the same functionality for things such as the inventory, trade tab, etc!

It's hard to get things like this emphasized in the alpha stage, but I have a feeling I'll be able to force the issue a little harder when beta launches and the masses complain! >=D

syberian wrote:
It shows stats and options for an item that is under cursor instead of the one that was clicked.
Have you done a clean repatch of the game client? (deleting the content and config folders smooths out a lot of old files that don't get properly updated). If so, what resolution are you playing the game on? I currently don't have this problem (thus the questions)

Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:01 am
Dev Team
Main: Xipe Totec
Level: 2

There is supposed to be a back button on the character selection page to take you back to the account login screen, just isnt in yet.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:34 am
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Deathdisguise wrote:
Personally I want to take the C2 UI and punch it so hard that it deletes itself, but I try to keep those dark feelings under wraps ;)

I have some prototypes worked out for decent looking X's on the appropriate dialogs to close them, as well as simplified layouts that provide the same functionality for things such as the inventory, trade tab, etc!

It's hard to get things like this emphasized in the alpha stage, but I have a feeling I'll be able to force the issue a little harder when beta launches and the masses complain! >=D

syberian wrote:
It shows stats and options for an item that is under cursor instead of the one that was clicked.
Have you done a clean repatch of the game client? (deleting the content and config folders smooths out a lot of old files that don't get properly updated). If so, what resolution are you playing the game on? I currently don't have this problem (thus the questions)

My resolution is 1440x900, patching doesnt help.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:11 am

syberian wrote:
My resolution is 1440x900, patching doesnt help.

Playing with it this morning to find potential problems I noticed that the dialog's window dimensions are not governed by the UI XML (lol).

Once again try to repatch, but delete your Star Sonata.exe file instead? I tried several ways to try to recreate your problem but still could not. Regardless I'll be adding a bug to my thread for the patcher (which I feel is part of this problem)

I still have a few things left to test out however, I'll get back to you!

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:14 pm

Yeah, I have confirmed that the problem isn't from the XML itself but the .exe file being outdated, thus too short in dimension to show the buttons! (Since new options at the bottom were recently added, requiring the heigh to be expanded).

I have placed it as a confirmed bug (as you aren't the only one with this problem) in my thread regarding the patch bot.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:36 pm