Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Post Re: Bad concepts
Bonecrusher wrote:
WAHHH

We don't know how space battles will be fought, so anything short of observing space battles is Science Fiction. All of your arguments are invalid.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:38 am
Team: Traders
Main: Bonehead
Level: 2447

I really don't know about some of you... I guess you just love to walk thru life with brown noses. You're so afraid to rock the boat that you live your lives in tubs of guano.

Personally I prefer to hose the crap off now and then.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:04 am
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Bonecrusher wrote:
I really don't know about some of you... I guess you just love to walk thru life with brown noses. You're so afraid to rock the boat that you live your lives in tubs of guano.

Changing game dynamics for the sake of being realistic is a childish approach at best. However unrealistic they are, concussions make for more dynamic gameplay, as does being able to hide behind astral bodies. That's what games are about, gameplay.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:11 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 895

biggee531 wrote:
Bonecrusher wrote:

Changing game dynamics for the sake of being realistic is a childish approach at best. However unrealistic they are, concussions make for more dynamic gameplay, as does being able to hide behind astral bodies. That's what games are about, gameplay.

Agreed; this is a game with it's own set of mechanics to make it stand apart from other games. If you want a game with full 3D gameplay that's somewhat more realistic and whatnot, then go play EvE. That's EvE's niche, not Star Sonata's, and if you tear down this game to change the mechanics, you might as well not call it "Star Sonata" any more.

EDIT: Actually, if we want a more "realistic" way to potray the concussion mechanic, we could make a system of debris fields/shrapnel. Instead of being a concussion caused by mostly unseen forces (air in space? aether?) we could have a blast of small particles that will knock your ship back, IF they hit you. This way, you have a small chance of not being hit by the blast, but you're likely to be knocked around by bits of the ship you just blasted.

F2P: Colonel Mustang/Riza Hawkeye/Jean Havoc/Heymans Breda/Kain Fuery

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:35 am
Main: Beelz
Level: 1

having shrapnel damage you would be great too.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:38 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Bonecrusher... Look up Willing Suspension of Disbelief and Sci-Fi Hardness. Hiding behind planets and suns works because that's how they worked in C1. We became used to the rules that make up SS. We imagine it's possible... But you seem to hate Sci-fi. How you ended up here when rats shoot throat feces at you is amazing.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:13 pm
Profile WWW

Visorak wrote:
]Bonecrusher... Look up Willing Suspension of Disbelief and Sci-Fi Hardness. Hiding behind planets and suns works because that's how they worked in C1. We became used to the rules that make up SS. We imagine it's possible... But you seem to hate Sci-fi. How you ended up here when rats shoot throat feces at you is amazing.

You've no idea. I've been reading SciFi for longer than your parents have been alive.

It was wrong in C1 too. You just can't do it. And taking damage from stars... no licensed pilot would fly close enough to a star... 1st rule of piloting is protect your ship and it will protect you.

As for Space Rats... I'm perfectly fine with that... been used in some great SciFi, like Star Trek and several books I've read.

As for hiding on top of stellar bodies... you can hide behind them but eventually your foes will come around and shoot your arse off.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:57 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Who says I can't fly a ship right into the center of the sun? If I have enough phlebotinum, my shields will protect me. If not, my spirit will pop out and I can try again in 5 minutes.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:34 am
Profile WWW

Visorak wrote:
Who says I can't fly a ship right into the center of the sun? If I have enough phlebotinum, my shields will protect me. If not, my spirit will pop out and I can try again in 5 minutes.

Go right ahead... I have some extra sludge in my cesspool to help you beef your shields. As for your spirit popping out ... LOL Good luck with that one.

Spirits were invented, by game designers, to protect player's investments in their characters... an aspect of gaming that I agree with... but never assume that you'll get the same results in the real world.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:30 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

This is not the real world.

A 100% realistic game is reality itself. If you do not like the way a game is done, write a single note, then gtfo. Don't stick around and continue to pay for a game which you obviously do not like, as well as continuing to complain and bitch and moan and whine about said game. And don't go to other websites to slander the games' name because you don't like it.

It's a game. Theres a reason why it isn't RL.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:43 am