over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post Nexus AI Feedback/suggestion.
If it ain't killable for 1 newb, it needs fixing.

AI Feedback:
-Paxie AI's are very tanky, and seem to be tricky to kill(before the player gives up in frustration).

I suggest removing their SSS and making them slower. Also making them weak to a specific damage type weapon the Volcoms give you is a good idea. Paxius Paxies can get the SSS back.

-Volcom AI do ridiculous burst damage with their SSS. I know thats the idea, but the shields in the nexus don't do much justice to avoid this damage(and if the volcom doesnt finish you off, the other ai nearby will).

I suggest beefing the resists on the ships players use, and making them a different ship(by name) than the ai ships.

-The Bulks all have Really Big Laser SSS, which is a pain to deal with since it can do some 3k burst damage. Not many newbs can take that.

I suggest nerfing the hell out of that SSS or making so once it kills the player, the AI doesnt kill him again when he gets back in his ships.

-Speeds of ships(aside from the bulk) is very close together, so that there is really no running away from anything that could easily kill you(Read volcom SSS)

I suggest making the ships have a big difference in speed. (With more varied speeds across the board up to level 3000 too). Like, a Volcom goes 60 speed, but has nasty burst damage and heavier resists(not high regen either), while the wingship pushes 110 speed and decent, but not good resists.

-Mini Bana AI outside their gal are ALL aggro. One is dangerous enough without the Zobitan beam...but four? Takes some tricky piloting and an experienced hand to keep one away from the other. Most newbs tend to stop here and do sol missions(as they're easier and give same exp).

I suggest adding a basic heat damage laser to Zobitan's battleship for sale, and as reward for one of the earlier missions. Zobitan Beam would take the fire beam thing and turn it into a neurobound version that has 20% more range, 20% more damage, and 30% less elect usage.

-Mini Bana itself is nightmare. Need to kill that juju PLUS the drone. And helping them are 4 secondary drones and 2 scout AI. The juju is worth at least 2 scout AI's.

I suggest making it so:
1. At start, nothing but center drone is aggro.
2. When drone dies, ship attempts to escape. Nothing else but ship is aggro.
3. When ship dies, all remaining drones and all scouts aggro on command as player attempts to escape.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:16 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Nexus AI Feedback/suggestion.
I agree that the Ur'Ziq Bana mission is too hard to realistically do solo, at least at the point in player's progression that they are presented with the mission. If it's meant to be done with a small group of new players, this should be made clear in the mission text.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:07 pm