Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

Post Re: Pre-suggestion brainstorming
anilv wrote:
To those who don't see the need for this: I simply feel that with collecting as one of the main aspects of this game, the storage system is rather clumsy. New players invariably find it odd that they are meant to buy a Phunka just in order to toss gear into it. And then there's the whole point of account-wide storage; a collection game should facilitate, not impede, your ability to manage your collection. Once we are free of ship-based storage, we can move to a dedicated storage interface that is specifically designed for players to search, sort, and label their loot.

Maybe, I still like the way it is though, and you HAVE to recompense people who've invested in Singularity Spheres. Personally though, I think that it's one of those idiosyncrasies of Star Sonata that people fall in love with. SS is a sandbox game, allowing people to customise their ships/characters and do whatever they want and come up with the most creative solution to a problem. If we keep adding all these universal facilities we'll end up like Runescape where everyone is the same, Magician, Warrior or Archer....

However, if something must go in (although un-needed and probably detrimental to the game) there has to be segregation between F2P and P2P.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:20 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Species 8472 wrote:
With this I would be able to access my engineer's Rhino from my SD ?

No! The account-wide storage would not pertain to ship-based storage at all. Each character would be able to access it through a special interface while docked at their anchor point AI base.

Time Warp:
I would be fine with players cashing in Sing Spheres for this new kind of storage space. The only reason I haven't laid out all the specifics of the system I've come up with is that I want to hear what others have to say on the matter first. But like you say, Star Sonata is meant to be a sandbox game. It doesn't make sense for combat classes to affect things like storage space. Obviously I don't want SS to blend into the background with all the other homogeneous MMOs, so maybe you can be more specific about your concerns. How would moving to AI-based storage compromise SS's individuality? Keep in mind that the new storage system could be just as customizable as current ship-based storage, most likely with the ability to invest augmenters and other resources to improve it.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:57 pm

anilv wrote:
Time Warp Is awesome. :P:
I would be fine with players cashing in Sing Spheres for this new kind of storage space. In this case the result would be we build sing-sphere (which may be changed to tokens to suit the purpose) to purchase more storage space?
The only reason I haven't laid out all the specifics of the system I've come up with is that I want to hear what others have to say on the matter first. I've had my say.
But like you say, Star Sonata is meant to be a sandbox game. It doesn't make sense for combat classes to affect things like storage space. Yes it does. You choose classes and you have to deal with weaknesses and strenghts. That, is also why I'm opposed because it represents a blending of classes.
Obviously I don't want SS to blend into the background with all the other homogeneous MMOs, so maybe you can be more specific about your concerns. How would moving to AI-based storage compromise SS's individuality? What a silly question? SS is the only game where the players have to buy/build new ships purpose made for storage and then cutomised like we do it? Changing that would be changing something unique to SS, therefore compromising the individuality? You should rephrase that one.
Keep in mind that the new storage system could be just as customizable as current ship-based storage, most likely with the ability to invest augmenters and other resources to improve it. Account wide is just silly in my opinion. I like it the way it is nwo where you have to be careful about what you do and how you set-up. The globalisation of storage only serves to close the gaps between classes, spit on the investment of older players, destroy SS' unique style and blurs the line between F2P and P2P.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:16 pm
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

Mail wrote:
Yes it does. You choose classes and you have to deal with weaknesses and strenghts. That, is also why I'm opposed because it represents a blending of classes.

I like this point, there needs to be more distinguishing between combat and support.
Engineer needs to be able to get drones cheaper (or have dead drones drop parts, halving rebuild cost) and recieve a nerf to the power of drones. This makes perfect sense to me, they are far too powerful in pvai and pvp for a supporting class.
Monkeys also need a exp nerf...look at the top 10 players list, it's a joke.

Back on track, after thinking about it I don't like the idea of ai base storage.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:33 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

/not signed.

tbh not sure why this would be needed.

Last edited by goett on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:36 pm

3/10 Are engineers though ^.^

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:44 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

My thoughts on exchanging ships/augs for more hull:

So it's probably a given that you can buy extra hull in your AI-base storage for pure credits. Exchanging augged ships for more space should have a higher return rate, simply because your taking augs out of circulation and its more time consuming.

I think we should get the hull of the ship after all augs are applied, plus a bonus for the difficulty of the ship, 5% for a gel, 10% for a thatch and 20% for a sphere.

It might be possible to use both systems, people can keep their ships with class bonuses, or combine the ships and forgo class bonuses, with all their alts getting instant access. The trick is to make so many useful features for the new system that everybody will use it instead of the separate ships.

bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:

Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:56 am
Profile WWW