Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

Post Balance Sheets
So, do certain admins/devs not have to use them? It is quite funny to see things put into the game that do stupid amounts of certain things because people bend and heck or for all I know not even use the balance sheets.

Things were more balanced without the sheets, this game is becoming a joke, and you will likely be seeing my near a dozen accounts go unsubbed if you don't figure your stuff out.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:56 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Balance Sheets
I can only speculate what items you're referring to, but I also have my doubts about the current state of the balance sheets. I'm just glad I haven't met any snipers using Hermes Caduceus / Narwhal Horn yet...

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:24 pm

anilv wrote:
I can only speculate what items you're referring to, but I also have my doubts about the current state of the balance sheets. I'm just glad I haven't met any snipers using Hermes Caduceus / Narwhal Horn yet...

One of the few items I am getting upset about...if you pvp SBP, you will meet those =)

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:51 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

We can't really look into an issue with items unless you tell us that specific item or it's blatantly obvious.

However I can look over/tweak the Caduceus line of weapons and the Horn if you wish.

Support

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:23 am

Blue Dwarf wrote:
We can't really look into an issue with items unless you tell us that specific item or it's blatantly obvious.

However I can look over/tweak the Caduceus line of weapons and the Horn if you wish.

I don't get it, when you add items to the game and you make them do you not think to yourself? "What could this possibly be used for and broken by?"

Why on earth would you add a .90 DPE weapon that is physical beam? At what point did that make sense?

I would just like to know when people are making content what goes through their mind. I think it goes something like this "What can benefit ME the most, what can I see myself breaking the most, and I know that no-one else will figure it out before I break it."

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:04 pm
Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

trevor54 wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:

I don't get it, when you add items to the game and you make them do you not think to yourself? "What could this possibly be used for and broken by?"

Why on earth would you add a .90 DPE weapon that is physical beam? At what point did that make sense?

I would just like to know when people are making content what goes through their mind. I think it goes something like this "What can benefit ME the most, what can I see myself breaking the most, and I know that no-one else will figure it out before I break it."

in fairness, i think Dwarf did Caed, and he has no class that can benefit from that, unless you count a lvl 600 vulture SD as useful for the content.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:07 pm

trevor54 wrote:
...Why on earth would you add a .90 DPE weapon that is physical beam? At what point did that make sense?..."

Probably the (Primal) Rhino Ray has been taken as draft for it; ofc this is only a wild guess.

I think a lot of these occurences when introducing new things into the game come simply from that the people doing it don't have much of a clue of how the game really works and its balance.
Therefor they do not realize what impact it will have.

I wonder if you as one of the most powerfull and influential beings in the game with a broad network of contacts to the staff of the game don't have a more efficient way to get this feedback to where it should go to instead of placing a rant thread here.
Ofc if you already have done that as this is just a public display for it nvm about the last paragraph.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:55 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

I'd like to paraphrase enk too. If he minds I'll take his name off but is very true.

Lot of new content is slightly better.

If you combine a lot of slightly better it approaches ridiculously broken.

Lot of things ATM are slightly broken. BUT assuming you have a calculator and a halfassed understanding of ss doesn't take much to figure out why shit is out of hand.

Rebalance would be recommended IMO, massive one.

I too am very concerned about individual items. They seem to lack... Thorough analysis.

Zht/pzht needs rebalance. 600dps wep that can get upwards of 300k dps on a sniper (and I have about 50+ zhts as do many people that do uz). Should get 50% dps nerf and similar item be made t21 at almost full zht stats prolly.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:05 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

trevor54 wrote:

I don't think about what benefits me at all, I think about what's needed/wanted. In case of the Caduceus I need to make a weapon for Hermes (so why not name it after his staff, and since it's his staff, physical makes sense), Hermes is directed to the recon classes, and as such so should gear. The DPE the balance sheet has given is 0.9. It's a pretty unwritten rule that physical lasers, where exist are generally bad (statistically), and hence get penalized in the sheet manually which I hadn't noticed. Capital ships are the same, they're 'grossly underpowered' compared to other ships of the same tech.

I'll take a look at the sheet when I can and make tweaks.

Support

Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:22 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

i havn't seen one of these yet but why is it so much more broken than primal rhino ray? nobody every uses that

Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

Not hull locked to freighter.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:37 pm

The horn is like 120 size or something. This is just one item, there are far more that need looking into as I stated.

Uto, I have spoken my concern to several members of the dev team, most overlook me and claim its all fine, and is balanced.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:40 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

Balance sheet says its fine. It must be balanced!

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:44 pm
Main: Beelz
Level: 1

I'd have to agree that it seems very likely recent items being made slightly broken or completely broken outright would be caused by the devmins being quite out of touch with the current state of gameplay. But this leaves very little room for future improvement that i can see. But really admins? an energy with 651 regen and -14% elec tempering? how did you NOT think that was broken?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:45 pm

Asmodeaan wrote:
I'd have to agree that it seems very likely recent items being made slightly broken or completely broken outright would be caused by the devmins being quite out of touch with the current state of gameplay. But this leaves very little room for future improvement that i can see. But really admins? an energy with 651 regen and -14% elec tempering? how did you NOT think that was broken?

And I wasn't even thinking about that one! How about the wyrm which on a level 350 character does over 100k PER SHOT! This character has no class skills and very low AT. You could slave these things with full Slave tweaking and get the same result.

Now at what point did a LF at tech 16 with massively broken super with 4 augs slots make sense?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:57 pm