Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: Piracy and SS.
How about splitting the universe into three parts. Like the east side would be the pirate side and the west the enforcer side and the middle could be either a safe area or a area full of chaos. If a pirate was to go to the enforcer side everything would be aggro to him/her? And same goes for enforcer. And your considered either pirate out enforcer by what team your in, and i guess you can have neutral teams as well? But they get no perks?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:03 am
Team: Technomages
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 4289

How about no!

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:41 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

redalert150 wrote:
How about splitting the universe into three parts. Like the east side would be the pirate side and the west the enforcer side and the middle could be either a safe area or a area full of chaos. If a pirate was to go to the enforcer side everything would be aggro to him/her? And same goes for enforcer. And your considered either pirate out enforcer by what team your in, and i guess you can have neutral teams as well? But they get no perks?

Naw, that would require a total redesign...

Things that can be changed mechanics wise, imo, are a much safer bet...

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:49 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

SP isn't the ''space police'' though. They are far from it infact. They just overreact if somebody decides one day that they want to kill somebody for fun.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:56 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

So no more ideas?

Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:22 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: -Odysseus-
Level: 4841

Fishing for ideas, aye? Theres already plenty of content related to "piracy", however, its almost totally unrelated to the actual act of piracy in Star Sonata. There should eventually (Once the game is actually working properly) be some kind of expansion and/or tweaking to the current content. I like the general idea of the Piracy trade skill. I think if I ever come back, I might give piracy a shot, the idea always appealed to me however my team connections restricted any actual consideration of the occupation.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:02 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Madridista wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
Very much agreed. How do we enable a person to lose that amount of money without totally screwing them over? Honestly I feel that Churchill's suggestion about an automatic bribe is a step in the right direction, as well as normalizing the price of ships and gear/while simultaneously allowing that ship and that gear to be lost forever should they die.

Maybe this only happens in PvP? I have no idea how to go about implementing this idea, nor the ramifications of such a thing.

Would anyone like to give any positive or negative opinions on the idea?

Bounty > Player A sets bounty on Player B. Player C kills Player B, scoops the bounty box. Player C takes the Bounty Box to Player A, who can open the box and view the location of kill, and who got the kill, then decide whether or not to pay the bounty if the kill is legit. Simple.

Way too complicated. Complication is not a good idea for a small indie game. C2 took 7 or so years. It'd take months of constant work to get something players may not like. Better to scrap it and have no work, which would be for something else.

Glory > Needs a look. I disagree with Churchill, if you kill lower you gain Infamy, limiting your maximum Glory level. Needs to be more prominant imo.

PvP should NOT be for people in the end game. If a group of nubs decide to piss me off, I should be able to kill them without penalty. Then they'll leave me alone. Glory/Infamy favors those lower levels who insult higher levels. Kill enough lowbies, and you can't kill them anymore. Infamy is permanent.

A killmail system like eve would be better. And it would allow permanent record of kills. Badaboom decides to say he was never killed by LC, LC shows a kill mail of bada's best ship dying to LC travel ship. Any rep bada had in pvp is gone. So pvpers are less boastful, etc.

Politics > Full out pirate team attacking everyone? That's your choice, and if you do that, expect the consequences of everyone killing you back. But making secret deals, establishing supply lines and attacking selected teams only? That's the way to do it.

Ships blowing up > Not going to happen. If it does, I'll be back off to EvE, who does a "realistic" space world much better. I play SS for a reason, and having to deal with constantly purchasing a new ship is NOT one of those reasons.

The only two Space MMO's that does NOT feature ships blowing up, are ArmadaOnline, and Star Sonata. Ever wonder why SS is the only game out of Beta that still has this process?

The reason why it probably won't happen is that SS is marketed as a TradeMark "Space Trading Game". Their original description of a game where pirate teams could roam and kill people, is swept under the rug.

Pirate as trade skill > For the third time, someone RESPOND. Piracy should be added as a TRADE SKILL, IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS Colonial Administrator, Merchant Fleet Master, Extraction Expert and Station Mastery. You sacrifice BASE-BUILDING BONUSES(extraction,colonies,slaves, defences), in order to recieve PIRATE BONUSES(pvp bonuses, +credits dropped on death) . Someone tell me what is wrong with this??

Pirating should NEVER, EVER, be a trade skill. It is the act, of pirating. YOU choose if you're going to pirate, not because your skills tell you to.

Also, the money or value of scraps dropped is equal to ~95% or so of the repair costs that would have been needed. Would be stupid if that was increased by 15% at Pirating20. Two people could kill each other in 20sec regen ships all day long and make money to cover any deaths they have at the hands of EF or SP.

Also, Piracy is already a skill.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:31 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: -Odysseus-
Level: 4841

The Piracy skill works with AI only, as far as I know. The good thing about trade skills is that you can choose which one you have. As far as I know I do choose the skills I train. The Piracy trade skill would simply be a buff that boosts the rewards of a successful defence/raid.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:43 am
Profile ICQ WWW