Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

Post Re: Free 2 Play Limits
I still think such a high level for f2p is silly. It encourages people to f2p for longer periods of time so that they have more Skill Points saved and can instantly get T20 and perilous skills...

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:16 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

If it gets more people playing and more people bringing in their friends then it will be good. The theory is to give the f2p's pretty much whatever we can as long as it doesn't interfere with the p2p's.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

I think the levels are fine, as long as the limits (to what content they are able to access and what layers they are able to enter) are set in stone and final. Then it can be possible to also determine future premium and freemium content.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:57 pm
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8518

remove tech 20 and any tech 21 skills from any free accounts which got the skills before all the rule were working on the server.

if there is a player with p21 fighting a bunch of guys in p19 ships, that obviously going to not work.

no need to punish anyone, just roll back their skill to the max that they should have been able to get.

-ERMAN

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

erman wrote:
remove tech 20 and any tech 21 skills from any free accounts which got the skills before all the rule were working on the server.

if there is a player with p21 fighting a bunch of guys in p19 ships, that obviously going to not work.

no need to punish anyone, just roll back their skill to the max that they should have been able to get.

-ERMAN

I say no to this, bear in mind I have P18 before trying to use that against me, but you can't do that, what if someone had a Dread or a Pos Wave in use for examples. Sure, you just can't undock it. What if it was in stasis when this went into effect? Fuck that BS

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:47 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

It would be lame to get your skills rolled back if you were planning to go p2p.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:47 pm

anilv wrote:
It would be lame to get your skills rolled back if you were planning to go p2p.

Another excellent point.
If you don't put a cap on Piloting etc, but just lock F2Ps out of peril, then eventually, everyone will be P2P, or limited to like, P14 or whatever the roaming limit is. With the exception of like, maybe 10 P2Ps with T20 ships and maybe 1-2 with T21s.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:19 pm
Main: iArcea
Level: 13267

It should only affect a minority atm, therefore a rollback on skills would be a good idea. As for if they turn P2P they can simply ticket their problem and I'm sure the worlds most helpful public affairs officer (Bageese) will help you out and sort it for you.

I don't want to see any f2p's in a T20 ship while they are f2p regardless of whether they are going to change or not. Defeats the objective of any limits.

Limiting their skills should be a priority.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 am
Main: Capt Cool
Level: 0

If i agree with DoW this obv has to happen.

make a notice before you rollback their skills ect. and f2p that was planning on going p2p can make a ticket and say so..and once he goes p2p he wil get the skills back?

but giving f2ps this many freedome makes no sence imo.
and to prom..go p2p you cheap fucker.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:07 pm

EwanB wrote:

make a notice before you rollback their skills ect. and f2p that was planning on going p2p can make a ticket and say so..and once he goes p2p he wil get the skills back?

I'l blow you for a sub.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:18 pm
Main: Comander Caius
Level: 4902

EwanB wrote:

I belive it is not wrong to give f2ps freedom. They must see all of the game or there will be less chances of them going p2p..
A good idea would be the allowing of a limited "go p2p for a week" thing. Should give those that choose the option, namely any f2p, to be able to do w/e a p2p can do. Though after that one week, he'd have to pay to enter the game again on that account.

The Salty One wrote:
"Hur Hur someone 20X my level in a massive dreadnought... POKE"

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:22 pm
Profile YIM
Main: Capt Cool
Level: 0

thats a retarded way of thinking...they should see the entire game before going p2p?

you should let them see a small part of it..making them intrested and wanting to go p2p to see the rest off it.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:29 pm
Main: iArcea
Level: 13267

*Reach certain level / ability in game.

*Offered to TRY P2P for one week - Y / N

<Warned that after your 1 week runs out, if you do not resub you will not be able to access your account again due to irreversible P2P changes>

*Sub

*Lots of money for Jeff

*Don't sub

*Continue to play as f2p with limits.

I don't even like the idea :/ but I outlined what it could be like SHOULD it be implemented.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:30 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

I (at least I think I have) just had a stroke of genius!
Why not make it that after lvl "X" (maybe 300, 500, 1000, not really sure with new sp cost system). That f2p's slowly start getting less xp per kill. It wouldn't be noticable at first but after about 100 levels over the cap it starts becoming very obvious that xp isn't coming in quite as fast. Once the f2p is limited to 1/4 the xp of a normal P2P, the limiter stop taking it down any further. (This is for those f2p's who really truly cant go p2p and are happy to grind in dg's a lot longer) But for the rest of the f2p's they'll see that they aren't gaining as many levels (as they're p2p friends of similar level) And watch as all the f2p's around them also start going p2p, until they finally crack and decide its worth it. Pay the $10 and then suddenly BAM! Amazing superfast (or so it seems) Leveling and they'll never want to go back to the grind of being an f2p!

tl;dr - F2P's dont gain as much xp per level, this eventually gets them to become p2p. (If you only read the tl;dr, go make like a boss and read the rest of it.)

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:33 pm
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Bring back the level 20 cap, and let f2p's pvp each other.

Noob battles! Ftw

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:39 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next