Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Post Tsunami's

So I'm pretty sure a ship that can tank Capt Kidd for a good 30-40 seconds, isn't supposed to get 1 shoted by Poseidon Tsunami's...

caugh caugh, goetts HM+, and a more recent addition to the tsunami death toll Laptop boy's HM.

This isn't a complaint just a discussion on what the dev's had in mind when they made HM shm's almost obsolete in Olympus.

Something seriously needs to be done.

Tsunami + area of effect + poisons + lazers 1 shoting all acmes that we lay = rage quit. Some days its a pretty easy spawn and we do it with no deaths, but there is almost no consistency with the difficulty of Poseidon. Basically if he is elec and resist auged your fucked for good.

discuss?

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:44 am
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

Post Re: Tsunami's
This is NOT MISC DISCUSSION IT'S SS RELATED

FUCK YOU ARE RETARDED

also, i like the idea of a boss that even the best squads can fail a percentage of the time. things should be haaaarrrrrrrdddddddd at the top.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:54 am
Team: Traders
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

paxiprime wrote:

So I'm pretty sure a ship that can tank Capt Kidd for a good 30-40 seconds, isn't supposed to get 1 shoted by Poseidon Tsunami's...

caugh caugh, goetts HM+, and a more recent addition to the tsunami death toll Laptop boy's HM.

This isn't a complaint just a discussion on what the dev's had in mind when they made HM shm's almost obsolete in Olympus.

Tsunami + area of effect + poisons + lazers 1 shoting all acmes that we lay = rage quit. Some days its a pretty easy spawn and we do it with no deaths, but there is almost no consistency with the difficulty of Poseidon. Basically if he is elec and resist auged your fucked for good.

discuss?

No ship can tank Captain Kidd for 30-40 seconds, get real before making posts like this. That is a straight out lie and I can say so because I have been in Captain Kidd about 50 times now and done a large amount of successful and unsuccessful runs.

Poseidon was balanced when it was possible to stack fires on him to limit his use of the splash lasers, but something was changed to it, and therefore he is now harder. That change is something I like to refer to as a bug, and I've stressed the importance of fixing it, but it seems hard to track.

Also, you seem to not know everything about Pretender Poseidon and how the Tsunamis work, so nothing needs to be done other than fixing Pretender Poseidon so he is at the same level of difficulty as he was back in C1.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:11 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Sorry Thermal I was only going by what goett said himself about kidd. It just every pose run I've been in SS2 has been considerably harder in tsunami mode, and there is almost no consistancy. But yeah I agree with you for the most part, sorry.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:35 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

paxiprime wrote:

So I'm pretty sure a ship that can tank Capt Kidd for a good 30-40 seconds,

i've told you 6 million three hundred thousand and ninety two times stop exaggerating :lol:

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:37 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

The only problem with current Poseidon in my opinion is that it is a lot harder to keep him from using the splash laser.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:25 pm
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

a problem that traders has effectively solved. secret weapon method :-D

also, im pretty sure everyone knows how to avoid getting hit by tsunamis by now. stop complaining.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:47 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Oh, I should add the other problem we found with Poseidon. He tends to drift out even when tractored; it's a really strange bug you have to see to believe, but it can turn a sure run into a toss-up.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:56 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

seanla4350 wrote:
paxiprime wrote:

discuss?

No ship can tank Captain Kidd for 30-40 seconds, get real before making posts like this. That is a straight out lie and I can say so because I have been in Captain Kidd about 50 times now and done a large amount of successful and unsuccessful runs.

Poseidon was balanced when it was possible to stack fires on him to limit his use of the splash lasers, but something was changed to it, and therefore he is now harder. That change is something I like to refer to as a bug, and I've stressed the importance of fixing it, but it seems hard to track.

Also, you seem to not know everything about Pretender Poseidon and how the Tsunamis work, so nothing needs to be done other than fixing Pretender Poseidon so he is at the same level of difficulty as he was back in C1.

May I ask why you are talking to him as if you are telling him off for expressing his opinion?

anilv wrote:
Oh, I should add the other problem we found with Poseidon. He tends to drift out even when tractored; it's a really strange bug you have to see to believe, but it can turn a sure run into a toss-up.

Seen and I believe ;)

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Tomzta09 wrote:
May I ask why you are talking to him as if you are telling him off for expressing his opinion?

You obviously need to learn the difference between giving out information and stating opinions. Stating opinions would not be in the lines of what he introduced his post with. I tell people off when they are off. And this was off.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:57 pm

paxiprime wrote:

discuss?

He wants to have a discussion, not a bollocking from somebody.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:59 pm

Tomzta09 wrote:
paxiprime wrote:

discuss?

paxiprime wrote:

If he wants to have a discussion, then the information and the facts he presents has to be correct, or else he will get told that he is way off. Do I really need to feed you with a spoon or can we drop this already?

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:04 pm

seanla4350 wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:
paxiprime wrote:

discuss?

paxiprime wrote:

If he wants to have a discussion, then the information and the facts he presents has to be correct, or else he will get told that he is way off. Do I really need to feed you with a spoon or can we drop this already?

Here we go, Mr Perfect Pants alert. What rule says something has to b correct to have a discussion about it? Try and feed me with a spoon and ill stick it up ur arse sideways.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:06 pm

No rule says so, but most common sense tells you that when you present a set of facts you normally should make sure they are correct, or almost correct, before you do so. When they are way off, you can expect people to tell you to get your facts straight before anything can be discussed. Is this really that hard to understand? I really think someone needs to send you back to elementary school, because this is normal understanding.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:12 pm

seanla4350 wrote:
No rule says so, but most common sense tells you that when you present a set of facts you normally should make sure they are correct, or almost correct, before you do so. When they are way off, you can expect people to tell you to get your facts straight before anything can be discussed. Is this really that hard to understand? I really think someone needs to send you back to elementary school, because this is normal understanding.

nt rly, most discussions i take part in dont involve people having a go at them.,

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:24 pm