over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Missing Heph items?
I'm just wondering whether Hephaestus Buckler and Heavy Hephaestus Coppersmith Shield and their BPs are in the drop tables. These items are referred to in the neurobinding missions but I'm beginning to wonder whether they are currently able to be dropped.

For that matter, I would speculate as to the existence of Heavy Hephaestus Shield and Hephaestus Coppersmith Buckler, following the usual Olympus tier pattern. I don't believe those are even referred to in the missions though.

Can anyone verify whether the listed items exist in game?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:01 am
Team: Traders
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

Post Re: Missing Heph items?
I raised this question as well some time ago, based on information I was given through my neuro bound missions. They seem to be missing, but I am not sure about this. There are some blueprints, like the Giant High Powered Knockers Blueprint that I've only had dropping twice from about 150 Ares runs.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:23 am
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

seanla4350 wrote:
I raised this question as well some time ago, based on information I was given through my neuro bound missions. They seem to be missing, but I am not sure about this. There are some blueprints, like the Giant High Powered Knockers Blueprint that I've only had dropping twice from about 150 Ares runs.

Wow, really? I have that BP, and all the stuff to build it, maybe I should see if it's any good for that rarity.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:44 pm

yugioh124 wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:

Wow, really? I have that BP, and all the stuff to build it, maybe I should see if it's any good for that rarity.

I have built two of the items myself and I find them pretty useful, but it was more aimed towards the fact that the blueprint does have a low drop rate compared to other drops.

Administrators are silent. :o

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:59 am

That's fairly remarkable detective / deductive work there.

BPs have been in the tables since Olympus went live, but there was two deformed entries in the drop list, which I've fixed:

Code:
  <!-- Tier 1.5 -->
  <ITEM name="Heavy Hephaestus Shield Blueprint" level="2.0" prob="1.0"/>

<!-- Tier 1.0 Nano -->
  <ITEM name="Hephaestus Buckler Blueprint" level="2.0" prob="1.0"/>

Will go live either next patch or next uni, depending on whether or not the drop tables are recompiled/loaded.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Awesome, thank you.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 pm
over 9000!

Nice! I guess this means Heavy Hephaestus Coppersmith Shield is already in the drop tables and is just really rare though...

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:21 pm

anilv wrote:
Nice! I guess this means Heavy Hephaestus Coppersmith Shield is already in the drop tables and is just really rare though...

No, I caught that one too.

Added to the Tier3 drops.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:40 pm
over 9000!

This is awesome.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:43 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Don't you do any sort of analysis on the distribution of oly items throughout the players in the galaxy? I would of thought something like this would of picked up from grep that there was 0 of them in peoples storages or ships....

This time its been ok cos there are smart people out there second guessing what might be in the drop table, but how are we sposed to know if something isnt dropping if you dont know its on the drop table? just a minor concern is all...

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:59 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
Don't you do any sort of analysis on the distribution of oly items throughout the players in the galaxy? I would of thought something like this would of picked up from grep that there was 0 of them in peoples storages or ships....

This time its been ok cos there are smart people out there second guessing what might be in the drop table, but how are we sposed to know if something isnt dropping if you dont know its on the drop table? just a minor concern is all...

We look at that data, but more as a feature of "what players like" (overwhelming 4 augs, which suggests that they're... rather too good) and "what is getting used". Drop tables are perfectly able not to throw items live ~ I can think of 2-4 items that simply haven't 'lucked into' the game.

Put another way ~ drop tables are actually, 99% of the time, the one place where we don't have issues, because if there's an error, it breaks the server. The server does not like items that don't exist, and will tell you in a prompt manner. This error was a copy/paste error (most likely my own, since I made the tables / BP xml) where I'd simply not coded around the three items - and strangely, the server didn't mind. (XML: unless <!-- commented out --> usually breaks).

Checking the others, it seems to be a one-off. Hope that makes you feel a little more confident in loot you might be getting ;)

Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:02 am