Team: Eminence Front
Main: iArcea
Level: 13267

Post Glory + Tractors
LATEST FUCKING RAGE POST FROM DOW -

a) Glory - I've complained about this before, you should NOT loose glory from permanent drones. Defeats the objective of glory gained from being better than another player.

You CANNOT be expected to be better than say 30 Kasa's for example. You are going to die, and loose glory. (No fucking 'oh if you were good enough you wouldnt die' bullshit examples and wont affect everyone) You are not expected to be able to tank / outheal permanent drones as a solo player. Most of the time it's just in a scoutship.

Similarly if you ARE in your scoutship you shouldn't loose glory >.< If you kill someones scoutship you are not 'BETTER' than them, you simply have the ability to take a few pot shots at a ship with a few k' shields.

2) Tractors bounce fucking loot away from your ship .. you CANNOT scoop the shitting debris if your tractor is bouncing it AWAY from your ship.

Bollox Example -

<Ship> - - - - - Tractored Debris
<Ship> - Tractored Debris
<Ship> - - - - - Tractored Debris

IT BOUNCES AND IS JUST BLUDDY RIDICULOUS.

Last edited by Species 8472 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:29 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Post Re: Glory + Tractors
try a tractor that isnt a hitchiker variant

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:30 pm
Profile WWW

Most tractors do it.

Reindeer harness does.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:34 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

As topbuzz pointed out, only hitchhikers does it, and it is how they are made. It only adds to light weight items as well, a heavy item will not be doing this in the same way. It is not a bug. So saying that most tractors does it, is not correct.

And for loosing glory from permanent drones and bases, then I don't see why that is a bug either. It gives a punishment to people who try to scout out enemy galaxies or tractor something in their galaxy.

I mean, you say that loosing glory from permanent drones defeats the objective of getting glory from other players from being better than them, but if you died to their drones, which is a pretty big part of this gameplay, then you obviously weren't better than them in that situation.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:41 pm

seanla4350 wrote:
As topbuzz pointed out, only hitchhikers does it, and it is how they are made. It only adds to light weight items as well, a heavy item will not be doing this in the same way. It is not a bug. So saying that most tractors does it, is not correct.

And for loosing glory from permanent drones and bases, then I don't see why that is a bug either. It gives a punishment to people who try to scout out enemy galaxies or tractor something in their galaxy.

I mean, you say that loosing glory from permanent drones defeats the objective of getting glory from other players from being better than them, but if you died to their drones, which is a pretty big part of this gameplay, then you obviously weren't better than them in that situation.

I'd love to see you make an ancient scoutship that is better than my galaxy in any situation.

Just remove glory all together it's ridiculous and it does not prove that you are better than someone in the ways you can loose it. I was not 'scouting' any galaxies, simply autopiloting through them. You do know that bases are THROUGHOUT wild space. Want me to avoid wild space all together?

And what's the point of a hitch hiker NOT pulling something under your ship?

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:47 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Zephyr uses perma drones to fight because they fail to win otherwise?

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:49 pm
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8518

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Zephyr uses perma drones to fight because they fail to win otherwise?

ummm, I dont remember the last time anyone fought with zephyr, and i mean a real fighting war.

-ERMAN

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:52 pm
Profile WWW

Perma drones do not warrent glory loss.

Plain and simple as that.

As for 'speed, scout, or travelships' I'd like a suggestion on how glory loss if you are killed in one of these ships can be solved.

Obviously if you are scouting / scanning an enemy gals this will get you killed so glory loss is your own fault here if it happens. Also since scanning causes aggro theres no issue there.

It's just if you're in a ship simply mapping the galaxy and a drone kills you losing glory is pathetic.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:55 pm

A drone will not shoot you unless you are in a war, and if you are in a war and has to map the enemies territory, you deserve to loose glory.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:33 pm
Main: Evo
Level: 34

seanla4350 wrote:
As topbuzz pointed out, only hitchhikers does it, and it is how they are made.

But why? Its annoying O_o

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:34 pm

It is because of the density enhancement I believe. But I am not sure. But it has always been like that, and it only really happens when you try to tractor an item straight underneath you that is very low weight.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:39 pm

seanla4350 wrote:
A drone will not shoot you unless you are in a war, and if you are in a war and has to map the enemies territory, you deserve to loose glory.

Aggro does the same, I'm not stupid enough to go into your galaxies. I'm talking about at the beginning of a uni where everyone is mapping shit. If there is aggro of any kind, or if you are searching for a particular within wild space then you could run into a drone which can kill you.

Furthermore don't talk about mapping the enemies territory, I know for a fact you guys didn't have half of west wild space mapped for a good few weeks into the uni. As exampled by Dark Phantom asking me where a particular galaxy was since there was nothing West of MAD+ even mapped.

syberian wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:
As topbuzz pointed out, only hitchhikers does it, and it is how they are made.

But why? Its annoying O_o

Exactly, no one has responded to this point. Having hitchhikers to only 'pull' yourself or whatever is pointless. Just make them tractor debris OVER your ship, doesn't have to stay under your ship, just as long as it passes into a region where you can scoop it rather than it bouncing outside your scoop range.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:40 pm
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

Species 8472 wrote:
Exactly, no one has responded to this point. Having hitchhikers to only 'pull' yourself or whatever is pointless. Just make them tractor debris OVER your ship, doesn't have to stay under your ship, just as long as it passes into a region where you can scoop it rather than it bouncing outside your scoop range.

Someone failed to grasp the meaning of the 'hitchhiker' part...

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:02 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

DoW, just fucking use a Grav Beam I.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:11 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

live with the bugs! expect less! you see that flying horse? Wex saw that horse! Wex got close enough to pet its mane and they made lemonade.

(get used to it argument is and has always been bullshit, a bug is a bug even if)

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:42 pm