Main: yellow
Level: 1946

Post Re: Glory + Tractors
seanla4350 wrote:
It is because of the density enhancement I believe. But I am not sure. But it has always been like that, and it only really happens when you try to tractor an item straight underneath you that is very low weight.

Hitchhikers turn into push tractors at close range, pull tractors at long range.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:02 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

All of the hitchhiker tractors (including the reindeer one) have a value which sets a distance when their strength is reversed (irrelative if it's a push or a pull, which could lead to a cool boss if done right). They do it because if you were using one on someone to speed up, and you sling past them, unless you turn it off, you're going to slow down again. Whereas with the reverse distance thing, if you get close you push them forwards, speeding them up so they can pull you more. Least that's what I think, seems like a logical thought.

So either way, not a bug.

Glory not being lost from PDrones/bases is on the todo list.

Since neither of these are either A: a bug, or B: not on the todo list, want me to move this topic to SS General or such, instead of it getting locked and thrown into the archive (in case you wanted to talk about it?)

Support

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:22 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: iArcea
Level: 13268

Yeah whatever :L

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:54 pm
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Blue Dwarf wrote:
All of the hitchhiker tractors (including the reindeer one) have a value which sets a distance when their strength is reversed (irrelative if it's a push or a pull, which could lead to a cool boss if done right). They do it because if you were using one on someone to speed up, and you sling past them, unless you turn it off, you're going to slow down again. Whereas with the reverse distance thing, if you get close you push them forwards, speeding them up so they can pull you more. Least that's what I think, seems like a logical thought.

So either way, not a bug.

Glory not being lost from PDrones/bases is on the todo list.

Since neither of these are either A: a bug, or B: not on the todo list, want me to move this topic to SS General or such, instead of it getting locked and thrown into the archive (in case you wanted to talk about it?)

Thats all nice and fancy but no1 use tractor beams to hitchhike ,coz they are pathetically weak. They are useless for hitchhiking and they are next to useless for tractoring debrises. Reasoning with devs tires me like fuck so I cba, just gonna mention that this annoying code about reversing strength is useless coz no hitchhiker tractor will stop heavy ship in that close range to the target unless you are flying zebucart.
Thank you.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:06 pm

syberian wrote:

Thats all nice and fancy but no1 use tractor beams to hitchhike ,coz they are pathetically weak. They are useless for hitchhiking and they are next to useless for tractoring debrises. Reasoning with devs tires me like fuck so I cba, just gonna mention that this annoying code about reversing strength is useless coz no hitchhiker tractor will stop heavy ship in that close range to the target unless you are flying zebucart.
Thank you.

Basically what I was getting at .. ;) ^^

You are a God Sybir.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:09 pm
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

If you like glory and don't like dying in a weak travel ship, don't use a weak travel ship for fuck sake.

If you don't like bouncing loot don't use a Reindeer Harness!

It's not hard.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Madridista wrote:
If you like glory and don't like dying in a weak travel ship, don't use a weak travel ship for fuck sake.

If you don't like bouncing loot don't use a Reindeer Harness!

It's not hard.

Again I say :

I'd love to see you make a fucking scoutship that can survive 1 trip straight through my galaxy when you have aggro. And you can forget about 'adv blockers' they aren't going to save you from gremm0rz.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:50 pm
Team: Technomages
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 4290

lol DoW, u mad cuz u bad?

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:09 am
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

thijs12b wrote:
lol DoW, u mad cuz u bad?

win!

Species 8472 wrote:
Again I say :

I'd love to see you make a fucking scoutship that can survive 1 trip straight through my galaxy when you have aggro. And you can forget about 'adv blockers' they aren't going to save you from gremm0rz.

Also, I wouldn't be going through your galaxies if I was aggro/in a travelship because I'm not retarded! And if I accidentally did on ap or w/e, I wouldn't rage on the forum like a DoW

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:56 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

From the wiki:

Quote:
Glory and Infamy are the two determining factors in the PvP ranking system. One glory is gained naturally every 50 levels, and glory also increases with every PvP kill committed against a player with greater or equal glory. Infamy, however is accrued by a PvP kill commited against a player with fewer glory points. PvP is not only restricted by the PvP Range, but also as infamy increases, the lower limit of what glory rating you can attack also increases. Therefore players who have killed a lot of lower glory players must eventually pick on someone in their own standing.

So from my understanding Glory kind of acts as an anti-griefing system where if you kill someone over and over, they lose glory, then you stop gaining glory, then you start gaining infamy to prevent you from killing low glory targets.

If the system still works this way, then that's the real purpose it serves, to prevent someone from repeatedly griefing someone over and over. Right now because repair costs are trivial, this doesn't really do a lot. However when repair costs go up significantly, this will essentially prevent someone from griefing you out of the game economically by killing you over and over.

You could definatley grief someone with perm drones in some situations I suppose (take over the galaxy they docked at then drop drones) so maybe it is still necessary for that reason. I have no idea if it actually functions correctly as described though since I've only been back a short time.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:09 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Dontl ook now but thes a crocodle in the corner.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:58 pm