Team: Eminence Front
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

Post Re: Advcate for Droners United
the reason i dont play currently is because i lost a set of drones and i CBA to bother getting new ones

i can afford it easily

i just dont have the fucking time. and it ISNT FUN TO DO. so setting aside time to do it, would be a waste of time.

paxiprime speaks the truth.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:50 pm
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 4762

paxiprime wrote:

and fruits, go fuck yourself.

Just have to say, i love the team cohesion around here. Bravo

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:03 am
Team: Sparta
Main: Casillas
Level: 6

zhuang281 wrote:
paxiprime wrote:

and fruits, go fuck yourself.

Just have to say, i love the team cohesion around here. Bravo

:lol:

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:10 am
Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

Agreed. I entirely agree with the extra money cost of engineers, just not the time. More than a week setback per "drone death" (which is usually all of them, if one dies) isn't really fun...

Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:04 am
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

One of the issues is that mini bosses in UZ can no longer be camped. Used to be able to get a decent amount of Armada Drones from that to replace losses but now, along with UZ being done a lot less, has created a huge demand with not much supply.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:07 am
Main: Yehaaaaaaaaaaa
Level: 5455

I lost a load of drones earlier this uni. I accept that risk, tho i was pretty pissed off when it did happen. I've now made my new ACNC, I had extra charges that I made last uni but as yet have been unable to buy armada infernos. And I can understand why. Sup damages being used for other builds, (base augs comes to mind) and no armadas seemingly being available.

It shouldn't be that hard to get a load of drones. Without them not a whole lot of point doing much in p space. BFDs and titans only go so far. Been treading water playing at bases ever since for at least half this uni. Bored, bored and bored.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:26 am
Main: Evo
Level: 34

I think it should be that way - when you die with drones out, alive drones spawn back into ur inventory. When drone dies, its gone.
Seeing how resistant are endgame ships it would mainly favour newer players who tend to die before their drones.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:45 am
Main: Comander Caius
Level: 4902

syberian wrote:
I think it should be that way - when you die with drones out, alive drones spawn back into ur inventory. When drone dies, its gone.
Seeing how resistant are endgame ships it would mainly favour newer players who tend to die before their drones.

Would be op.
That would mean they would loose less than FCs. If a drone is dying and u notice, u just suicide.
Perhaps make it that they don't spawn in ship if u suicide.

The Salty One wrote:
"Hur Hur someone 20X my level in a massive dreadnought... POKE"

Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:22 am
Profile YIM
Main: Lupusregina Beta
Level: 4903

Droner is fine as it is, now add GG and gear dropping back.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:56 am
Team: Light Commerce
Main: Sharky99x
Level: 2766

Engineers are fine as they are.

What is lame is the removal of GG and the fact that every other class is now immune to losses.

SS has been dumbed down and dumbed down again because of noobs whining about thier losses.

First we had "Oh i sat there for an hour afk during a war because I was too retarded to dock at the base just 200 away and instead sat there while a known enemy killed me 20 times. Now I have lost everything"... so the 'dock in ship' functionality was introduced.

Then we had the "Oh i forgot to check if I had GG and I died... then being the retard of SS i got back into my ship (using the dock key) and died again... this happened 486 times and now Ive lost everything"... so GG was removed along with anything dropping of your ship.

There is a huge long list of other changes just like this.

SS had been dumbed down so much for the whiners and idiots that its getting/gotten ridiculous.

Why dont you just remove weapons from the game completely? Its such an easy fix to all of these problems.

We can just go around tractoring ai and warred enemies until they get soo bored they suicide. No fear of losing drones or gear or anything. But then some idiot will forget about grav disrupters... so tractoring will be nerfed also.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:57 am
Main: Comander Caius
Level: 4902

Why do people keep insisting on this, I just can not understand. It will be changed, it is a known fact. Instead of dropping gg u drop parts. Next universe it will be changed so that it won't cost less than it would with gg when you die. Just that shields engines and energies will have to be paid. Instead you will pay for everything equipped according to their tech.. so that it is in a more fair way. And its good if its dumb. Appeals to many more that way.

The Salty One wrote:
"Hur Hur someone 20X my level in a massive dreadnought... POKE"

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:31 am
Profile YIM
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

Chaosking3 wrote:
One of the issues is that mini bosses in UZ can no longer be camped. Used to be able to get a decent amount of Armada Drones from that to replace losses but now, along with UZ being done a lot less, has created a huge demand with not much supply.

even spatzz and i agree

and before someone pointed it out, i didnt notice the irony that engineer class can still lose several bil per death, but the rest of the classes dont even have GG anymore.

as someone who is good at picking out hidden/subliminal messages from things, the message i am getting from this, is "FUCK DRONERS"

and those words are to scale, i assure you.

and more importantly, the admins need to notice that regardless of their intentions, "FUCK DRONERS" is the impression we're all getting.

because the admins havent even fucking attempted to do anything about this. (GG is gone. the new system doesnt protect drones. dont try to argue, that is evidence and it is infalliable, and i use the word "attempted" in the context of "actually patch in a solution to see if it helps" and not "sitting around with confused looks on our faces while thinking about drones")

drones need to become like summons in other games, IE, you activate the "drone" and it drops a copy of itself, which dissapears upon death or timeout, and cannot be scooped (but can be cancelled so you can drop other drones)

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:37 pm
Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

I wouldn't advise making minibosses in UZ campable again. Honestly, me and thermal both made a small fortune and amassed copious amounts of drones because we were able to fight, and camp for insane lengths of times.
If it was re-opened, you would simply see the strongest teams/players doing it, AID prices would go up higher due to hoarding, I just advise people stop using colonies for cash, and to start DGing to create augs. Armada drones aren't overly available but there's enough.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:03 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Two questions:

Are there any player shops that sell commonly used "expensive" drones?

Would an AI base like Rocky Horror that stocked common expensive drones, but didn't produce or consume them be something that might help?

When I hear things like "I don't mind the money, but I mind the time it takes", it sounds like there is an inefficient market. I'm sure there would be people willing to make drones for you if the price was right.

To the other points about drones and losses and how Engineer loses more than other classes on death: there are basically two ways drones can work in this game, as commodities like OL's and diffusers, or as rare and very expensive items that you never lose. I've always seen them as commodities, but I understand why people have a hard time with losing expensive drones, because in addition to the commodity drones that are priced as such, we also have super expensive and rare drones. There's nothing forcing anyone to use the super expensive drones, but I can see how their mere existence is probably bad game design if drones are supposed to be commodities.

Maybe an AI base to facilitate player to player selling of drones would commoditize the high-end drones, or maybe alternate BP's that are credits only would do the trick to fix this problem.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:58 am
Profile WWW
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

A response :-D all these ideas are good.

But the problem is that the amount of effort and time spent into making the drones usually means that they are used rather than sold. Armada drones, zac's, dark matter, sup. damage, and platinum all together x 5 took me 2 weeks.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:19 am