Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
Team: Death Arrises
Main: Freddy
Level: 328

Post Shockwave
So...Who else leant "Shockwave" (Original Dr P3pp3r) gear or augs or whatever before he fucked everyone and sold the account? Just wanna know how many people he basically scammed.

Camsy wrote:
When a topic gets so intense even the tl;dr doesn't make sense.

NewFound wrote:
If it true you are an idiot. If it isn't you are an idiot.

Idiot.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:16 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8923

Post Re: Shockwave
as far i know he had nothing from RE

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:21 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I thought Shockwave was one of Thermal's accounts.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:31 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

As far as I know enk, it was. He used to MC that char all the time.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:32 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

It was, then it wasn't, then it was, and now again it isn't. The account, the character and the name has nothing to do with scamming, apart from one of the owners borrowed a lot of gear from friends but then he sold the account with that gear on it to me, and then the account was sold on again.

So yeah, don't link that account to scamming at all.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:11 pm

seanla4350 wrote:
It was, then it wasn't, then it was, and now again it isn't. The account, the character and the name has nothing to do with scamming, apart from one of the owners borrowed a lot of gear from friends but then he sold the account with that gear on it to me, and then the account was sold on again.

Loaning items from people then selling the account back without returning said items isn't scamming then? You have a weird system, Thermal. No, the current owner nor Thermal are scammers, but that account in general can be linked to scamming.

Camsy wrote:

NewFound wrote:

Idiot.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:34 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

Speedbolt wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:

Loaning items from people then selling the account back without returning said items isn't scamming then? You have a weird system, Thermal. No, the current owner nor Thermal are scammers, but that account in general can be linked to scamming.

You can't call it scamming when I wasn't informed of the items on the account before I decided to sell it on. The account in general can't be linked to scamming, as this isn't scamming at all.

This is simply Dr P3pp3r selling the account with a lot of gear on it that he was borrowing from friends. He actually made it clear that I would get everything on the account when I gave him a refund. So don't try to link the account to scamming at all.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:51 pm

seanla4350 wrote:
Speedbolt wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:

You can't call it scamming when I wasn't informed of the items on the account before I decided to sell it on. The account in general can't be linked to scamming, as this isn't scamming at all.

This is simply Dr P3pp3r selling the account with a lot of gear on it that he was borrowing from friends. He actually made it clear that I would get everything on the account when I gave him a refund. So don't try to link the account to scamming at all.

YOU were not scamming. BUT the account can be linked to scamming. Taking items that weren't payed for and selling the account that has them meaning he has no way to return or pay for said items is a scam.

Camsy wrote:

NewFound wrote:

Idiot.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:17 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Maga sunk 50b of gear into a pair of selens, which were borrowed by a "friend", which took those slaves and a ton of stuff from other players and sold it for profit. The person made a f2p and laughed as maga raged, knowing full well that he could not be hurt.

From my conclusion, it is both maga's fault, and a scammer's fault. No, the account cannot be linked to direct scamming. Yes, the account can be linked to having stolen(not scammed) gear.

Most likely, if a support ticket was to be sent, the admins would not do a thing. "Oh no, it was your fault you lent gear out."

All that can done is ...well, nothing. Maybe alerting the public about scammers, but nothing really can be done. This was a tactic played by the scammer. "Get loans, sell acc 5 minutes later" to avoid people like Thermal playing it safe and not buying the account.

1. Use normal account to buy well known acc
2. Get loans and tarnish acc
3. Sell acc, get refunded by buyer
4. Laugh as new owner has to name change due to bad rep, and the fact no one can damage you(f2p acc, etc)

Though, I have to say, people have been scammed for worse.

Edit: Maybe if a support ticket was sent on the grounds a f2p scammed/stole stuff from a p2p. I know the admins did crack down hard a few times in the past on that problem. But, a simple account ban would not really work.

Anyways, can we get a lock for this topic since it strays into bad territory? Maga(and anyone else harmed by scam) should continue any problems via pm and or support ticket.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:54 pm

I agree, my point isn't getting across and I don't want to have ill feelings towards anyone on a thread that was never meant to be anything other then a collection of data and to inform people that if someone tells you there the orig Dr P3pp3r, beware of them.

Camsy wrote:

NewFound wrote:

Idiot.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:03 pm
Team: Technomages
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 4289

So here I was thinking you couldn't talk about selling accounts.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:56 am
Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

You can't.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:08 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]