Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

Post Re: Why Bases No Longer Blow Up...
JeffL wrote:
It sounds like a bug. You're saying that as soon as you drop the outpost, you can then claim the other bases immediately and their owners get no chance at all to get the stuff off?

This seriously made me confused.

1. The owners have the entire time the galaxy is under attack to get stuff off the base, including destroyed bases if the owner of that base is online.

2. EVERY SINGLE LAST BASE must be destroyed before you can drop an outpost. Every single one.

3. After every base is destroyed you drop the outpost then wait TEN MINUTES. We tried it earlier and it didn't work, had to wait ten minutes to own the galaxy.

4. After ten minutes you own the galaxy, and then and only then, you have to dock at each individual base to perform a hostile takeover.

No one is saying there is "no time" for the base owner to reclaim stuff. Mandy was in that galaxy in a sing sphere during the attack taking stuff off the bases.

And not only that, but I thought you were there watching us when we did it! Where is anyone saying there is "no time"? Perhaps it would be best if you tell us exactly how long the owners of a destroyed galaxy should have to reclaim their belongings. I believe from start to finish the whole thing took maybe 4 hours, that's hardly an insignificant ammount of time...

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:10 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

yes but u lot carefully plan the attack round the true owners sleep time usually (I mean who wouldnt with this mechanic)

Sp are of a power level so that the whole thing can be done and dusted before the user even wakes up. This abandoning should take 24hrs.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:20 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 4762

The key point here that Sky was contesting is that the loss of bases/gear does not occur "instantly". I mean, it's a given that a team will have rather big problems if it's members all congregate within a small time zone range. Each team will have to find ways to deal with it, just like us.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:24 am

so what would you say is a reasonable time, 10 minutes is clearly too short. 24 hours? 10 hours? 1 hour?
In this case it was a long seige but in the case of a large team bullying a small team it can be 10 minutes for the lot to be destroyed. I'd be happy to keep this mechanic in as long as the period after all bases are destroyed is adequately longer than 10 minutes.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:38 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 4762

I think something much shorter then 10 hours is adequate. Perhaps even just 1. Of course, this will only be enough if people are on. If they aren't, well thats their problem.

But let it be known that i think the current system is good enough for this war. We all are quite big teams.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:51 am

yet again you are thinking in such terms, this mechanic applies to all teams not just sp vs dm, and for all wars to come big vs big, and small vs big and small vs small.

I think its reasonable to allow users to recover their gear from a killed gal up to a certain period of time, they have already lost the gal and access to its resources and a humiliation. Its reasonable for the sake of parity to the losses from ship pvp (small credits loss)

1 hour to me still seems too short, it must be a period equal to an average users sleep period 8-12 hours minimum imo.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Oh for christ sake Hooch, Thats what I was talking about, I never said you was using a HACKED client, although the fact that you jumped to that conclusion just made you look like a bellend.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:16 am

sabre198 wrote:
yes but u lot carefully plan the attack round the true owners sleep time usually (I mean who wouldnt with this mechanic)

Sp are of a power level so that the whole thing can be done and dusted before the user even wakes up. This abandoning should take 24hrs.

Unless the user has locked their bases to a particular account or high rank, most people on the team can strip most or all of the bases during the siege before all of the bases are killed.

If abandoning the bases takes 24 hours then what would prevent massive over-extension? No one would have a real reason to build solid, defensible bases, or even equip proper augs on them. If you implement this change then the only thing that presents a real threat to base equipment would be termites, or possibly some team aggro'd hawk (or a wandering Grinch in wildspace...) Without a reason to actually build powerful bases and heavily fortified galaxies, about 1/4 th of the game content becomes nearly meaningless.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:23 am

thats the problem, what about when you lot decide to go pirate poor old RE and wipe thier gal dead in 10 minutes, thats not much of a window is it

you are valuing the galaxy itself at 0 in your response, the reason people should build well defended gals is to keep the resources and colonies in it

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:26 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
thats the problem, what about when you lot decide to go pirate poor old RE and wipe thier gal dead in 10 minutes, thats not much of a window is it

I don't know what RE has to do with any of this. SBP had war declared on them by traders/DM for the emp throne. Fair enough. Then BP has several bases killed by Copernicus on Death Mental. Trev warns him to stop. SBP takes back the throne. Then DM attacks and kills an SP base. We get fed up with it and retalliate with bvb in Ceyx.

This war all started with you declaring on us. To the best of my knowedge Traders/DT hasn't attacked any of our bases and we haven't attacked any Traders/DT bases. DM HAS attacked our bases and destroyed some this uni, thus we retalliated. Please elaborate on where RE comes into the picture.

Last edited by skyfyre on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:31 am

we are talking about the mechanic itself here not the specifics of a single war, or are you saying the mechanic changes only for sp's wars?

this mechanic applies to ALL wars so its important its correct for all scenarios, the one I posted above was just an example

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:32 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
we are talking about the mechanic itself here not the specifics of a single war, or are you saying the mechanic changes only for sp's wars?

You mentioned a specific team, not "a smaller team" so I thought you literally meant resident evil.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:41 am
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Any1 see analogy in what SBP says now ad what DoWakhin was saying in Impassable Protectors thread? You clearly abused flaw in game mechanic.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:43 am

sorry, that was just my way of illustrating an example that was familiar to most readers...back to the topic of fairness of the mechanic.

Everyone who has known about this mechanic has either

A: been rubbing their hands at the thought of taking peoples gear
B: stopped making bases or is living in fear of when it happens to them

these are too extreme when compared to ship pvp losses/gains

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Team: Technomages
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 4290

skyfyre wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

I don't know what RE has to do with any of this. SBP had war declared on them by traders/DM for the emp throne. Fair enough. Then BP has several bases killed by Copernicus on Death Mental. Trev warns him to stop. SBP takes back the throne. Then DM attacks and kills an SP base. We get fed up with it and retalliate with bvb in Ceyx.

This war all started with you declaring on us. To the best of my knowedge Traders/DT hasn't attacked any of our bases and we haven't attacked any Traders/DT bases. DM HAS attacked our bases and destroyed some this uni, thus we retalliated. Please elaborate on where RE comes into the picture.

Nice way of not mentioning that, that kit only got there after the war was declared and it was 'conveniently' on there AP route to sol. Sounds like you was pestering them to me.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:10 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next