Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Team: Technomages
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 4289

Post Re: Why Bases No Longer Blow Up...
zhuang281 wrote:
Who defines what "flaws" and "lame" tactics are? You? I mean there are a couple of points up for contention here.

1. You have no proof we were using skinned clients. I'm pretty sure i was not, for one. "If" we were (We weren't) why couldn't you do the same? As further support to show you how ridiculous your claims of skinned clients are: My client runs at normally 150 fps on my desktop before this most recent patch. During that anatolia assault, it was at 4 fps which did not go down even further if I MCed. This would suggest that computer lag was not the actual cause of the problems and that skinning it would have made little to no difference. I think you might point out removing particles would have been a major improvement? That would be false. During 90% of the attack, the lag killer deleted any weapons effects; Ie I shoot and I don't see bullets. My fps was still at 4.

I said I had no prove, just rumors and talk from people within your team too. Also the best skinners ingame are on your team right now. What do you think we are naive and stupid? Also I don't qualify this as hacking but I do see it as 'lame' (to be defined later)

Quote:
2. You're statements of a positive K/D cannot be verified. Our successful denial of your emp claim however, can be.

I can actually your only actual assault against Anatolia was a failure you didn't even get to move the palace and got instaraped. In your counters against our anatolia assaults waaay more SBP died then we had casualties, and if you were winning you woudnt be spamming grav tweaks 24/7 now would you?

Quote:
3. Yes you didn't have to resort to someone sitting on the palace spamming Grav disrupters. Guess what? I don't have to resort to using weapons and shields on my combat ship if I don't want to either. You're inability to anticipate situations is by large your fault. What you didn't do is not our fault, it's yours.

Well no not really, you see in this global society we have something called moral values. Having someone sit in a base 24/7 to pop some damn tweak isn't really chivalry now is it? Which is my point, I thought it was lame. Especially coming from a team with your (apparently supposed) allure.

Quote:
4. I don't see how attacking the palace at times when no one is on, is a "lame" tactic. I would have called it "smart" and "well thought out". However, if you beg to differ, you're more then welcome to show us how utterly cool you are and attack us next time when 15 of us are on. Tell me how it goes.

Well as I said for you being on SBP claiming you are the very very best it doesn't really suite your role to use 'LC-tactics' (as I like to call them) on us while you are supposedly, the best team. Also we did attack when you were all on and we were winning. We had the palace out 4k but due to that grav spam thing after 6 hours with the palace just 4k out some of us had to go to bed or work. You can ask your teammates to verify this.

Quote:
In summary, whatever tactics we used are "lame" and "flawed" because you simply didn't get around to using them.

No, not really. That BvB you did on Ceyx was a show of what you could actually do and your first assault showed that you guys had balls. It's something called honor I guess. Maybe your parents didn't teach you that.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:17 am
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Get rid of the thing with Gravs on bases as it is kinda stupid and it kills all the fun in PvB.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:33 am
Main: Obesity
Level: 2249

VatFF wrote:
thijs12b wrote:
Lolz, so far anyone on Traders has a positive k/d.

:lol:
Quote:
Everything else

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:35 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 3762

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:16 am

VatFF wrote:
VatFF wrote:
thijs12b wrote:
Lolz, so far anyone on Traders has a positive k/d.

Quote:
Everything else

Yo FFs V you're a stupid cunt. Get a real reponse instead of acting cool. :lol:

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:22 am
Main: Capt Cool
Level: 0

Whaawhaawhaaa stop bitching both sides your ruinening shermans thread!

SORRY ERMAN*!

Anyhow..if we have to show off

my penis is as big as my nose. and i am pinocio who lied alot...

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:28 am

thijs12b wrote:
skyfyre wrote:
sabre198 wrote:
thats the problem, what about when you lot decide to go pirate poor old RE and wipe thier gal dead in 10 minutes, thats not much of a window is it

I don't know what RE has to do with any of this. SBP had war declared on them by traders/DM for the emp throne. Fair enough. Then BP has several bases killed by Copernicus on Death Mental. Trev warns him to stop. SBP takes back the throne. Then DM attacks and kills an SP base. We get fed up with it and retalliate with bvb in Ceyx.

This war all started with you declaring on us. To the best of my knowedge Traders/DT hasn't attacked any of our bases and we haven't attacked any Traders/DT bases. DM HAS attacked our bases and destroyed some this uni, thus we retalliated. Please elaborate on where RE comes into the picture.

Nice way of not mentioning that, that kit only got there after the war was declared and it was 'conveniently' on there AP route to sol. Sounds like you was pestering them to me.

Fail thijs. base been there forever. Howl(OC) was on EF before he came to SP. EF space is 3js away from there thats how the base got there and has been there all uni.
And we got NO pm from Dm asking us to remove that base whatso ever. first time THC got shot by the base he killed it.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:35 am

aah okay

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:39 am
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

You start the fight, get raped, now you're crying because you lost base gear? Isn't that the entire point of PvP in this game, to take other peoples stuff to further your cause?

Sorry, but DM were the "bullies" first in this game. On Progress, we didn't cry when it was 20v1 at 4 in the morning. We didn't cry on the forums when we lost gear or entire galaxies because we only had 5 members, all of which were in the same time zone. We didn't cry when all you guys brought were tractor ship alts with 10k range that you just had afk pulling bases or players.

Grow some fricking balls and accept the consequences for starting a war when your team space wasn't even owned, how stupid can you be?

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:45 am
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

Alright, let's make some scenarios.

SBP wants to BvB a galaxy in an owned team space. We either have to:

1. Move our HQ for the attack, and get our entire team space in danger.

2. Border the galaxies we wish to attack.

If a HQ is moved, it takes 24 hours (That is a bloody long time) to get the base slots to even start the attack. This is plenty of time for any defenders to fortify and make decisions (just look at the attack on Futile)

Or we can

1. PvB their galaxies and either split their team space (This takes another 24 hours as far as I recall, if not even more?)

2. PvB the galaxy and kill the kits through PvB, then own the galaxy (Which normally takes a long time in a good galaxy).

So I don't see the big problem about this being a fast method to wipe galaxies. If a BvB kit dies, it will also go unowned if the defending team kills the BvB kit and BvBs the bordering gal that the enemy used. The thing here is that this went quick because Death Mental had their entire team space unowned, so they hardly knew anything before we had our BvB kit down, and therefore it was a fast process. Team spaces aren't meant to be unowned.

Apart from that I agree that some things should be tweaked. For example, the time it takes from the entire galaxy is dead until you can force a hostile takeover is too short. But removing it in general will also remove the possibility that the defending team actually can gain a lot of gear from winning the fight as they could also use the same tactic back on the offenders if they do it right.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:29 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

This is about mechanics. Plain and simple. If you buy life insurance and get cancer and die and your spouse finds a clause that says you get nothing from an exclusion... It's a shit policy. You cant blame them for saying it sucks, as it does. people aren't buying the policy.

As SP has a lot of admins I honestly fail to respect your opinions on this. Is one thing to know the mechanics. Another thing to blindly ignore their flaws. An entirely whole other thing to profit from them. It's clearly a crap mechanic as Jeff said, pretty undefendable. Why it took him to say so personally is honestly disturbing.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:31 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

biggee531 wrote:
You start the fight, get raped, now you're crying because you lost base gear? Isn't that the entire point of PvP in this game, to take other peoples stuff to further your cause?

Sorry, but DM were the "bullies" first in this game. On Progress, we didn't cry when it was 20v1 at 4 in the morning. We didn't cry on the forums when we lost gear or entire galaxies because we only had 5 members, all of which were in the same time zone. We didn't cry when all you guys brought were tractor ship alts with 10k range that you just had afk pulling bases or players.

Grow some fricking balls and accept the consequences for starting a war when your team space wasn't even owned, how stupid can you be?

this mechanic came in after progress disbanded

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:32 pm
Profile WWW

goett wrote:
This is about mechanics. Plain and simple. If you buy life insurance and get cancer and die and your spouse finds a clause that says you get nothing from an exclusion... It's a shit policy. You cant blame them for saying it sucks, as it does. people aren't buying the policy.

As SP has a lot of admins I honestly fail to respect your opinions on this. Is one thing to know the mechanics. Another thing to blindly ignore their flaws. An entirely whole other thing to profit from them. It's clearly a crap mechanic as Jeff said, pretty undefendable. Why it took him to say so personally is honestly disturbing.

Comparing this to real life will not get you anywhere as we are talking about in-game mechanics goett.

And having you sitting here and again making a post accusing SBP of being unreasonable because Bageese stepped up as PR/Support leader is just childish goett. It has about as much value to this discussion as a bucket of nothing.

The mechanic isn't that horrible either, it is about the only reason a team has to gain something properly from a BvB attack. The mechanic needs tweaking, and if you ask why, then I will gladly advice you to try kill a galaxy with radiation only to capture a kit, and please, start with SBPs Ada kits, because you will then see that some kits are really impossible to take down. The gear that falls off a dead kit is poor, and is not worth the time and effort in a BvB, so there are at least two things to discuss here instead of sitting around and acting like a baby which you do now goett. Welcome back to the game by the way, you have lost your grip.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:36 pm

I find it funny that everytime ppl loose because they just suck(Death Mental thats you) they start to bitch and cry about stuff.

jeff you promote SS as a vast hostile game and whatnot..

but you remove the ability to loose a single thing besides a few credits..

time to wake up jeff..everyone makes colonies that make 40-50b a week.

Credits are meaningless.

Do not promote SS as a hostile game if you are a carebear about it.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Yeah, this narrow-minded fix will just mean that we will see the same amount of BvBing the next 5-6 universes as we saw the last week. Jeff, time to discuss if you wish BvB to even exist in this game anymore after these changes, because right now there are no incentives to even go after another teams space unless you just wish to harm them by killing their kits so they have to spend credits on repair them (We all know how expensive that is).

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:43 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next