Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Post Re: Why Bases No Longer Blow Up...
seanla4350 wrote:
Alright, let's make some scenarios.

SBP wants to BvB a galaxy in an owned team space. We either have to:

1. Move our HQ for the attack, and get our entire team space in danger.

2. Border the galaxies we wish to attack.

If a HQ is moved, it takes 24 hours (That is a bloody long time) to get the base slots to even start the attack. This is plenty of time for any defenders to fortify and make decisions (just look at the attack on Futile)

Or we can

1. PvB their galaxies and either split their team space (This takes another 24 hours as far as I recall, if not even more?)

2. PvB the galaxy and kill the kits through PvB, then own the galaxy (Which normally takes a long time in a good galaxy).

So I don't see the big problem about this being a fast method to wipe galaxies. If a BvB kit dies, it will also go unowned if the defending team kills the BvB kit and BvBs the bordering gal that the enemy used. The thing here is that this went quick because Death Mental had their entire team space unowned, so they hardly knew anything before we had our BvB kit down, and therefore it was a fast process. Team spaces aren't meant to be unowned.

Apart from that I agree that some things should be tweaked. For example, the time it takes from the entire galaxy is dead until you can force a hostile takeover is too short. But removing it in general will also remove the possibility that the defending team actually can gain a lot of gear from winning the fight as they could also use the same tactic back on the offenders if they do it right.

What? Normal PvB, BvB takes too long so abusing bugs is fine?

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:46 pm
Main: Capt Cool
Level: 0

You obv have no idea what hes on about.

maybe you shouldnt try to discuss things when your not actualy playing the game?

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:48 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

seanla4350 wrote:
Yeah, this narrow-minded fix will just mean that we will see the same amount of BvBing the next 5-6 universes as we saw the last week. Jeff, time to discuss if you wish BvB to even exist in this game anymore after these changes, because right now there are no incentives to even go after another teams space unless you just wish to harm them by killing their kits so they have to spend credits on repair them (We all know how expensive that is).

that would be on par with the new pvp system of no losses, looks like the model he is following. Good for new player growth, bad for the people who wish to cartel up and control people by force.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

seanla4350 wrote:
goett wrote:
This is about mechanics. Plain and simple. If you buy life insurance and get cancer and die and your spouse finds a clause that says you get nothing from an exclusion... It's a shit policy. You cant blame them for saying it sucks, as it does. people aren't buying the policy.

As SP has a lot of admins I honestly fail to respect your opinions on this. Is one thing to know the mechanics. Another thing to blindly ignore their flaws. An entirely whole other thing to profit from them. It's clearly a crap mechanic as Jeff said, pretty undefendable. Why it took him to say so personally is honestly disturbing.

Comparing this to real life will not get you anywhere as we are talking about in-game mechanics goett.

And having you sitting here and again making a post accusing SBP of being unreasonable because Bageese stepped up as PR/Support leader is just childish goett. It has about as much value to this discussion as a bucket of nothing.

The mechanic isn't that horrible either, it is about the only reason a team has to gain something properly from a BvB attack. The mechanic needs tweaking, and if you ask why, then I will gladly advice you to try kill a galaxy with radiation only to capture a kit, and please, start with SBPs Ada kits, because you will then see that some kits are really impossible to take down. The gear that falls off a dead kit is poor, and is not worth the time and effort in a BvB, so there are at least two things to discuss here instead of sitting around and acting like a baby which you do now goett. Welcome back to the game by the way, you have lost your grip.

Don't be a douche.
1. Comparing like that is called an analogy. Why it works
2. It's already been stated as a bug by Jeff (your a comm rep still? Cmon...)
3. It is a crap mechanic. So yes tweak it and quit splitting your arguments like a child. Choices are not all or none. Capping sucked as much as the current mechanic. So... Tweak it there champ, is supposedly why you have the position you were given.

On another note... As a community rep potty mouth is frowned upon big guy. Grow some nuts and assume your role. 'fair and balanced' is what you should be chanting in the future. Your flames just make you look... Silly tbh.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:49 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Thermal
Level: 5942

syberian wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:
Alright, let's make some scenarios.

SBP wants to BvB a galaxy in an owned team space. We either have to:

1. Move our HQ for the attack, and get our entire team space in danger.

2. Border the galaxies we wish to attack.

If a HQ is moved, it takes 24 hours (That is a bloody long time) to get the base slots to even start the attack. This is plenty of time for any defenders to fortify and make decisions (just look at the attack on Futile)

Or we can

1. PvB their galaxies and either split their team space (This takes another 24 hours as far as I recall, if not even more?)

2. PvB the galaxy and kill the kits through PvB, then own the galaxy (Which normally takes a long time in a good galaxy).

So I don't see the big problem about this being a fast method to wipe galaxies. If a BvB kit dies, it will also go unowned if the defending team kills the BvB kit and BvBs the bordering gal that the enemy used. The thing here is that this went quick because Death Mental had their entire team space unowned, so they hardly knew anything before we had our BvB kit down, and therefore it was a fast process. Team spaces aren't meant to be unowned.

Apart from that I agree that some things should be tweaked. For example, the time it takes from the entire galaxy is dead until you can force a hostile takeover is too short. But removing it in general will also remove the possibility that the defending team actually can gain a lot of gear from winning the fight as they could also use the same tactic back on the offenders if they do it right.

What? Normal PvB, BvB takes too long so abusing bugs is fine?

I guess I need to rephrase it as I typed it out wrong, my mistake. What I meant to say is that I don't see how that method is fast at all. Just again pointing to the pantalones war, they had about 2 days of notice before the kit was deployed. Fast? Don't think so.

And that also brings me to the point of "abusing" this as a bug. If it was a bug, then Jeff should be the person to blame as this tactic was used and posted about on the forums at least once, and used twice in game with support tickets with complaints about the tactic.

So basically the rules were given, but if Jeff now realizes that it isn't what he meant it to be like, then yes it can now be considered a bug when Jeff made his stand. But at any time before he made that stand, then it can't be considered a bug at all.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:51 pm

goett wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:
goett wrote:
This is about mechanics. Plain and simple. If you buy life insurance and get cancer and die and your spouse finds a clause that says you get nothing from an exclusion... It's a shit policy. You cant blame them for saying it sucks, as it does. people aren't buying the policy.

As SP has a lot of admins I honestly fail to respect your opinions on this. Is one thing to know the mechanics. Another thing to blindly ignore their flaws. An entirely whole other thing to profit from them. It's clearly a crap mechanic as Jeff said, pretty undefendable. Why it took him to say so personally is honestly disturbing.

Comparing this to real life will not get you anywhere as we are talking about in-game mechanics goett.

And having you sitting here and again making a post accusing SBP of being unreasonable because Bageese stepped up as PR/Support leader is just childish goett. It has about as much value to this discussion as a bucket of nothing.

The mechanic isn't that horrible either, it is about the only reason a team has to gain something properly from a BvB attack. The mechanic needs tweaking, and if you ask why, then I will gladly advice you to try kill a galaxy with radiation only to capture a kit, and please, start with SBPs Ada kits, because you will then see that some kits are really impossible to take down. The gear that falls off a dead kit is poor, and is not worth the time and effort in a BvB, so there are at least two things to discuss here instead of sitting around and acting like a baby which you do now goett. Welcome back to the game by the way, you have lost your grip.

Don't be a douche.
1. Comparing like that is called an analogy. Why it works
2. It's already been stated as a bug by Jeff (your a comm rep still? Cmon...)
3. It is a crap mechanic. So yes tweak it and quit splitting your arguments like a child. Choices are not all or none. Capping sucked as much as the current mechanic. So... Tweak it there champ, is supposedly why you have the position you were given.

On another note... As a community rep potty mouth is frowned upon big guy. Grow some nuts and assume your role. 'fair and balanced' is what you should be chanting in the future. Your flames just make you look... Silly tbh.

Being a community team member is different from my role as a player in game. I would never be a part of that team if I wasn't allowed to play this game to the fully that I pay for. So use that argument as much as you want, but it doesn't really work that way.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:52 pm

sabre198 wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:
Yeah, this narrow-minded fix will just mean that we will see the same amount of BvBing the next 5-6 universes as we saw the last week. Jeff, time to discuss if you wish BvB to even exist in this game anymore after these changes, because right now there are no incentives to even go after another teams space unless you just wish to harm them by killing their kits so they have to spend credits on repair them (We all know how expensive that is).

that would be on par with the new pvp system of no losses, looks like the model he is following. Good for new player growth, bad for the people who wish to cartel up and control people by force.

I agree with this. The new systems means no losses, and only profit. Which means no challenges, and no fun. You have to make your own challenges in for example terms of how much money you wish to make, but apart from that there are no incentives or challenges. And this isn't just about people wanting to control anything with force, it is about actually having a game mechanic that works for players interacting with other players.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:55 pm
Main: Evo
Level: 34

seanla4350 wrote:
And that also brings me to the point of "abusing" this as a bug. If it was a bug, then Jeff should be the person to blame as this tactic was used and posted about on the forums at least once, and used twice in game with support tickets with complaints about the tactic.

So basically the rules were given, but if Jeff now realizes that it isn't what he meant it to be like, then yes it can now be considered a bug when Jeff made his stand. But at any time before he made that stand, then it can't be considered a bug at all.

QFT

seanla4350 wrote:
Species 8472 wrote:
In which case it is STILL the dev's fault for putting it in in the first place. Ergo I should not be loosing out, admins will have an earful from me because of this.

It is not anyones fault but those who refused to follow the guidelines for issues like this. It clearly says that when you find a bug, you are expected to report it, and not abuse it. If you in any way get an item that you are not supposed to, you have already abused it, and the fault is not on the developer that gave Impassable Protections to Slumberchromes about 5 years ago, but solely on the player that abused it.

You should be loosing out if you were given an item like this, or you purchased it, because you are not supposed to have it in the first place. So if you feel that you are being dispossessed of anything that you feel belongs to you, then put the blame on the person who gave or sold you the item.

The item is AI gear, same for BLAZERs and Attack Overloaders.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:02 pm
Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

Please guys refrain from personal attacks. I don't want to have to lock this thread because it's gotten so out of control, and I don't think the people actually contributing to the discussion would appreciate it.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:03 pm

syberian wrote:
seanla4350 wrote:

QFT

seanla4350 wrote:
Species 8472 wrote:
In which case it is STILL the dev's fault for putting it in in the first place. Ergo I should not be loosing out, admins will have an earful from me because of this.

It is not anyones fault but those who refused to follow the guidelines for issues like this. It clearly says that when you find a bug, you are expected to report it, and not abuse it. If you in any way get an item that you are not supposed to, you have already abused it, and the fault is not on the developer that gave Impassable Protections to Slumberchromes about 5 years ago, but solely on the player that abused it.

You should be loosing out if you were given an item like this, or you purchased it, because you are not supposed to have it in the first place. So if you feel that you are being dispossessed of anything that you feel belongs to you, then put the blame on the person who gave or sold you the item.

The item is AI gear, same for BLAZERs and Attack Overloaders.

In that case, that was the first time the bug was abused. In our case, the "bug" that you call it, had been used several times before and was rather well known, and I also need to point to the link someone provided that announced these changes.

I don't see any Admins making a post about the issue you are quoting me on in your second quote there.

So calling this a bug isn't the right term. It is down to Jeff not doing enough double checking on his current rules, and not following them up when they were used by the guide lines that he made. So until the post he made a few pages ago and called this a bug, then this wasn't a bug, it was an in-game feature that had been in use a long time, but that didn't work as Jeff intended it to. For DoWs case it was a bug that was abused and the gear was distributed before it was fixed, hence why I made all the replies I did to that case.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:11 pm

If there's no special rules why was I kicked out for quoting Churchill saying 'dildo'? You can be a comm relations rep and be inflammatory? Then that truly is hippocritical somewhere.

I was kicked out of mods for an exploit I reported... Later revoked only by Jeff because he failed to see how an inactive player who also reported the exploit got banned. Still not remodded.

The bullshit runs up the walls sonetimes in this game. Guess why I play less?

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:27 pm

seanla4350 wrote:
goett wrote:

And having you sitting here and again making a post accusing SBP of being unreasonable because Bageese stepped up as PR/Support leader is just childish goett.

.... so there are at least two things to discuss here instead of sitting around and acting like a baby which you do now goett. Welcome back to the game by the way, you have lost your grip.

Tell me any if that is warranted. That first quote of mine is my first post in this topic and on the subject.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:31 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: iArcea
Level: 13267

seanla4350 wrote:

Being a community team member is different from my role as a player in game. I would never be a part of that team if I wasn't allowed to play this game to the fully that I pay for. So use that argument as much as you want, but it doesn't really work that way.

That really is rich coming from you. I remember quite perfectly on IRC during my brief time on BP;

Trevor - "Stop taking up 10 oly slots and give the rest of the team a chance."

Thermal - "No blah blah blah it's the only way I can play this game."

Trevor - "I'm director."

Thermal - "Ok I submit to your mightyness."

Play by your own morals if you're going to state them.

Last edited by Species 8472 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:33 pm

goett wrote:
If there's no special rules why was I kicked out for quoting Churchill saying 'dildo'? You can be a comm relations rep and be inflammatory? Then that truly is hippocritical somewhere.

I was kicked out of mods for an exploit I reported... Later revoked only by Jeff because he failed to see how an inactive player who also reported the exploit got banned. Still not remodded.

The bullshit runs up the walls sonetimes in this game. Guess why I play less?

Send a support ticket as you won't find those answers in here and you know very well that posting that kind of stuff here isn't the right thing to do. You are just stirring up problems now, but I guess you know that.

And yes, community team members don't actually have to change their way of playing this game just because they also are a part of that team. Awesome or what?

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:34 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

biggee531 wrote:
You start the fight, get raped, now you're crying because you lost base gear? Isn't that the entire point of PvP in this game, to take other peoples stuff to further your cause?

Sorry, but DM were the "bullies" first in this game. On Progress, we didn't cry when it was 20v1 at 4 in the morning. We didn't cry on the forums when we lost gear or entire galaxies because we only had 5 members, all of which were in the same time zone. We didn't cry when all you guys brought were tractor ship alts with 10k range that you just had afk pulling bases or players.

Grow some fricking balls and accept the consequences for starting a war when your team space wasn't even owned, how stupid can you be?

DM weren't bullies. I don't know where you got that from but they were trying to stop certain people from rising above them...

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:36 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next