Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Post Next Uni Changes Thread
Just some questions id like to know before going into the next uni:

Please let me know if there's a list like this somewhere...

Have Dev's made a decision about gunner, and will there be a change in the class next uni?

I heard jeff was talking about completely removing spare parts and making cost per death completely linked to your credits, will this be in next uni?

Also, are deaths going to cost us anything next uni?

What new content/UI fixes are going in next uni?

I know the suggestion thread is kinda filled up with useless crap on a day to day basis, but can we have a dev go through each one and deem them under consideration or denied? Id like to see a better system as far as separating the wheat from the chaff in player feed back.

I'm actually kind of anxious to see the changes :D

And I think everyone is kind of wondering the same thing..

annnnndddddd go!

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:05 pm
Main: Xenodread
Level: 2605

Post Re: Next Uni Changes Thread
I'd like to see some stuff about gunner, even of it is just some thoughts or general direction. I have aug setups that need making.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:07 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

Personally I'd be happy just with finding out what new gunner stats will be. So I can start planning my setup....

As for whats changing. I believe one thing that is a deff go ahead is the new t21 missions. Looking forward to them ;)

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:32 am
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

I have a huge issue with the current parts system. I like the idea but it currently is simply not working as intended. There has to be a way for a player on a run to be able to fix their gear without resorting to an AI station. On runs like Oly, Hermes and Kidd there are times when you end up dying a lot either because of a bad squad set-up or you are a high regen ShM. With the GG system this was fine as if you had enough GG you could die all you wanted long as you could swallow the cost. With the parts system you die, lose 5% and when it drops to 50% you are no longer a functional squad member.

Now, the issue comes into play in that there is no place to buy spare parts and if you actually end up scooping some they hardly affect high end gear at all, maybe a few %.

Would love this to be addressed, before the cost of repairing is increased as currently I just suicide a lot to build spare parts for runs, which is silly.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:09 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I've also noticed that the algorithm it uses to decide how to distribute parts to a bunch of damaged items is pretty mediocre. It seems to apportion the same parts value to each item, which means that your expensive items end up much more damaged than your cheap stuff after a few deaths and repairs.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:17 am
Team: Traders
Main: Klade
Level: 4055

This is obvious so I am sure you have not overlooked it but....scoop parts, carry parts, repair the important items first. On a run consider having a freighter haul some parts along.

Without a doubt it could be improved but it can end up making a lot more sense than GG did.

hmm, guess I will go post in suggestions. what about a mobile factory for parts. mine asteroids and convert materials to parts.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:07 am
over 9000!

In a combat situation you don't always have the luxury to click a million times repairing each item individually. I select my inventory and use up the parts I have to do a quick repair. After a few of these I notice my Aku'Qa is at 65% while the rest of my stuff is at 80%.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:10 am
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

I actually made a suggestion earlier about adding a tractor beam for engineers only, so when the engineer has hundreds of spare parts on his ship he can tractor the person that needs to be repaired and the spare parts on his ship disappears while the person ship that he's tractoring gets repaired. Would make sense since the engineer is in the support class and often associated with repairing things.

What y'all think?

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Cool idea but I would simply like a way to repair my ship without an AI base. And again, Klade, I carry a ton of spare parts, they simply hardly cover the damage that would cause them to drop. If we could buy parts from AI bases just like GG that would be a great fix but first the repair system actually using parts needs to be fixed.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:46 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

paxiprime wrote:
Have Dev's made a decision about gunner, and will there be a change in the class next uni?

No, not yet.

Quote:
I heard jeff was talking about completely removing spare parts and making cost per death completely linked to your credits, will this be in next uni?

A decision was made, but I'm not sure if it's been worked on at all.

Quote:
Also, are deaths going to cost us anything next uni?

Ehhh... Can't remember what we agreed on.

Quote:
What new content/UI fixes are going in next uni?

We can update/change the UI whenever we want, so there isn't anything specific coming with the new uni on that front, just new stuff as done. As for content, we have lots coming with the reset. Aurora made lots (and I mean lots) of new AI. Mr. Wyrm is coming back and there is a new addition to EF space by me, and a new DG AI I added a couple months ago.

Quote:
I know the suggestion thread is kinda filled up with useless crap on a day to day basis, but can we have a dev go through each one and deem them under consideration or denied? Id like to see a better system as far as separating the wheat from the chaff in player feed back.

I actively look through suggestions, but filing any in either section should really be more of a team decision, some of us think some things are good when they can be bad.

Support

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:01 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

If repair is linked to credits, have the current docked one(needs to be ai base) be the standard rate, and have undocked 50% or 100% more, so we can repair on the fly in for example, done pos but Zeus wails on the squad a dozen times.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:28 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

Camsy wrote:
Personally I'd be happy just with finding out what new gunner stats will be. So I can start planning my setup....

Why do I have a feeling that Gunner won't be beefed?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:31 pm
over 9000!

Pontius123 wrote:
If repair is linked to credits, have the current docked one(needs to be ai base) be the standard rate, and have undocked 50% or 100% more, so we can repair on the fly in for example, done pos but Zeus wails on the squad a dozen times.

On-the-fly repairs will definitely cost more, no matter how they end up working.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:23 pm

anilv wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:

On-the-fly repairs will definitely cost more, no matter how they end up working.

Long as they are possible.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:46 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 895

I feel like I missing something here; I've been able to make repairs without docking anywhere. That's how I managed to harass SP's slaves earlier this uni, I just scooped the parts from the slaves (and myself whenever I did get popped) and repaired the gear. Granted, the slaves' gear did help in making full repairs rather than partial, but I never had to dock to repair.

F2P: Colonel Mustang/Riza Hawkeye/Jean Havoc/Heymans Breda/Kain Fuery

Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:38 pm