Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

Post Re: Player List of Pre-Greenlight Necessities
anilv wrote:
I don't recall any such thing. It's not like this is a huge cost, especially considering that most games don't even let you change combat class after character creation.

Please don't take this in a bad way or anything, but I think you might not understand what it's like for new players really or people below T20. 100 million is a huge cost early in the game for most players. Keep in mind that the economy is basically dead except for items being sold and bought at the higher techs, trade chat as well, and most loot that people below T20 are able to find in DGs and so on (most, not all) they'll have extreme problems trying to find buyers for unless they set their own shop up.

I vaguely remember making the topic Churchill is talking about in the suggestion forums years ago, it got some decent feedback and a developer said they would look into it.

I'd also like to add that most games actually give a decent description of the classes and abilities themselves, by being able to preview their skill trees and upgrades and things they can do. Currently with the focus system, you get some vague text for each focus and that's it. Someone might think "Oh, being a Berserker or Seer sounds cool!" only to find out that they're more or less at an instant disadvantage and underpowered with most of the gear accessable to them.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:47 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

They can start a second character though ?

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:58 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Septagon wrote:
anilv wrote:
I don't recall any such thing. It's not like this is a huge cost, especially considering that most games don't even let you change combat class after character creation.

Please don't take this in a bad way or anything, but I think you might not understand what it's like for new players really or people below T20. 100 million is a huge cost early in the game for most players. Keep in mind that the economy is basically dead except for items being sold and bought at the higher techs, trade chat as well, and most loot that people below T20 are able to find in DGs and so on (most, not all) they'll have extreme problems trying to find buyers for unless they set their own shop up.

I vaguely remember making the topic Churchill is talking about in the suggestion forums years ago, it got some decent feedback and a developer said they would look into it.

I'd also like to add that most games actually give a decent description of the classes and abilities themselves, by being able to preview their skill trees and upgrades and things they can do. Currently with the focus system, you get some vague text for each focus and that's it. Someone might think "Oh, being a Berserker or Seer sounds cool!" only to find out that they're more or less at an instant disadvantage and underpowered with most of the gear accessable to them.

If any classes are at a serious disadvantage in the early game, we would prefer to buff the early game experience of those classes instead of making it easier to change. As a matter of fact, the new class system has done exactly that by front-loading class bonuses and making them no longer cost skill points. Look out for even more improvements coming down the pike as one of our high-priority projects is to rebalance classes even further.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:42 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

haha steam

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:34 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Any update gents?

Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:47 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8