Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Post Re: Player List of Pre-Greenlight Necessities
MasterTrader wrote:
The Vert wrote:
If that logic was around, it must have been a long way back in history and does not represent the current developer team and its policies :)

And as long as I'd love to see improvement to the bug reporting, I would also love to see exploiters getting harder punishments, but when people still pull off exploits it really doesn't help that the same people very often complain about developers and how little "useful" work they do :wink:

This has been happening forever, I've known of people who reported exploits in the past and then kept abusing them after they were reported. The Dev team wasn't able to get to the bugs in time, the exploiters noticed that, and kept doing it.

Abusing an exploit whilst completely aware that you are exploiting should be grounds for immediate permanent ban, if the devs aren't already doing this then excuse me for saying this; They're stupid.
At the very least they should be removing exploited items and currency etc, and temp banning exploiters.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:06 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
I've thought up a couple more.

• Disable or severely nerf Multiclienting. It is the most broken thing about SS as it is, enabling content designed for groups of players to be soloed, as well as stupidly destroying fairness in PVP. A possibility is to limit computers to a single client running at any one time. True, this can be gotten around by VMs, or using multiple computers, but that level of effort must still be expended.
  • Shove the Nerf Stick so far up the Colony Whore backside it can never be removed.
  • PVE and PVP Queues.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:03 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

thecrazygamemaster wrote:

• Disable or severely nerf Multiclienting. It is the most broken thing about SS as it is, enabling content designed for groups of players to be soloed, as well as stupidly destroying fairness in PVP. A possibility is to limit computers to a single client running at any one time. True, this can be gotten around by VMs, or using multiple computers, but that level of effort must still be expended.
  • Shove the Nerf Stick so far up the Colony Whore backside it can never be removed.
  • PVE and PVP Queues.

Touching MCing probably wont happen, too many people are entrenched in MCing for it to happen.

Colonies aren't going to be nerfed too hard, too many people are entrenched in Colonies for it to happen.

Queues for what? The game doesn't even have a leaderboard for PvP or PvE atm. There isn't even a real reason to PvP except for territory control when it comes to PvB or BvB.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:39 pm
Main: Aeglos
Level: 2773

• PVE and PVP Queues.

Multi-clienting = more subscriptions and more money, why would they want to stop this. If people want to put that kind of time+money investment into a game, I don't see the problem. Also, if a squad of players is losing in PvP to a person MCing multiple accounts at the same tech level...you suck :lol:

Colonies = need to require more active management. The credit amount produced is fine, but it needs to have more effort expended for the player to earn over the entire uni.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:21 pm
Main: Cancelled
Level: 0

SEANLA4350. wrote:

• PVE and PVP Queues.

Multi-clienting = more subscriptions and more money, why would they want to stop this. If people want to put that kind of time+money investment into a game, I don't see the problem. Also, if a squad of players is losing in PvP to a person MCing multiple accounts at the same tech level...you suck :lol:

Colonies = need to require more active management. The credit amount produced is fine, but it needs to have more effort expended for the player to earn over the entire uni.

multi-clienting = more money only at this point, because it's what all the SS players come to know and use now, SS is all tank and spank, and ubers just throw damage at you, so the best solution is to throw accounts at it and win

in other games you don't have this simply because it requires players to be 100% active on the account, so they don't have to ban MCing, players just have to use their controls instead of Alt+S+Spacebar+afk

mcing is still possible however, but i have yet to see it effectively done, especially to the extreme to which SS players do it

colonies are a different problem altogether, though there income is fine, but just like all other credit facets, there's no counter measure to them so it just floods the game at will

Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:09 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

An f2p PvP/PvB/BvB zone or contestable zone

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:59 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Reduce the number of /command options and have more tick box options instead. Or at least have a window in optios displaying the commands, because /help does not help you by throwing millions of commands at you in a box limited to six lines. Lets not go back in time to command line interfaces, please.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:31 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: ShadowPony
Level: 2460

Just one Quick note on colonies.

The problem with colonies is not that they take too little time it’s that they take too MUCH time. This prevents the casual player from ever bothering to engage in them. The simple fact that you need multiple chars and accounts setup right just to earn a measly 3-4 bill per day mean for most casual players it isn’t worth it. If you have 2 hours a day to play you rather spend that on DGing or doing some random shit like sitting in Sol all day comparing dick sizes.

Trust me all you people bitching about colonies don’t have a clue, make it simpler so that all can engage in them, then if people don’t well then they just don’t play the game as it is supposed to be.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:53 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

I don't think those sort of players deserve to get income from colonies. They are supposed to reward the end game, team players who commit to sinking assets in the ground and contribute to team score.

Noobs can always make colonies in ef space im safety. If they was that easy thee would t be any satisfaction in it.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Main: ShadowPony
Level: 2460

sabre198 wrote:
I don't think those sort of players deserve to get income from colonies. They are supposed to reward the end game, team players who commit to sinking assets in the ground and contribute to team score.

Noobs can always make colonies in ef space im safety. If they was that easy thee would t be any satisfaction in it.

You are of course correct but the complete an utter BS comming from all these whining people make me sick. They want an easy income and claim that colonies are easy when in fact colonies are a HUGE investment of time and credits.

People need to either learn to build, stfu och go play LoL or some other game with no actual planning or real skill needed.

Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:40 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

barium5 wrote:
play LoL or some other game with no actual planning or real skill needed.

You really think LoL takes no planning or skill?

Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:56 am
Main: Llessur
Level: 3775

Moonlightneo wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
The Vert wrote:
If that logic was around, it must have been a long way back in history and does not represent the current developer team and its policies :)

And as long as I'd love to see improvement to the bug reporting, I would also love to see exploiters getting harder punishments, but when people still pull off exploits it really doesn't help that the same people very often complain about developers and how little "useful" work they do :wink:

This has been happening forever, I've known of people who reported exploits in the past and then kept abusing them after they were reported. The Dev team wasn't able to get to the bugs in time, the exploiters noticed that, and kept doing it.

Abusing an exploit whilst completely aware that you are exploiting should be grounds for immediate permanent ban, if the devs aren't already doing this then excuse me for saying this; They're stupid.
At the very least they should be removing exploited items and currency etc, and temp banning exploiters.

While I agree with the sentiment, it is not often clear what is an exploit.
I take the view that hacking to gain an advantage is an exploit but most so called "exploits " are really just the result of over hasty implementations or "fixes".

for example I remember several bad implemtations in Oly when players were not ejected after killing the boss, several AI with a high level that spawned rapidly and were great levelling.

That sort of situation is not an exploit as it is by no means clear whether this intentional or not (not even the devs were clear on this point). If it is not intended then it should be fixed ASAP (not we will fix it next uni --if we remember)

The third class is the obvious exploits - duplicating items, infinite money exploits, ping bombing during combat with players, people using them, whenever and whoever they are, they occur should should be ruthlessly permabanned from playing.
The third class of exploit is probably the worst because of its wide effect on the economy of the game.
The good news is the Admins do have tools to detect unusual amounts of money in the game so if they notice, they have a good chance of detecting the cheat, proving the fraud and then giving it a good slap with a wet bus ticket.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:32 am
Profile YIM
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

So how is this getting along??

Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
I went over the list again. Surprisingly, a few items have actually been completed!

EDIT (10/5/2014): As per a suggestion from Churchill, I have moved the completed items from the list to a new Completed list. I also recolored them, and named the previous list Incomplete/WIP. Also, I moved the items without any progress at all into a red-colored, "No Progress" list.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:13 pm
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

I went over the list again. Surprisingly, a few items have actually been completed!

EDIT (10/5/2014): As per a suggestion from Churchill, I have moved the completed items from the list to a new Completed list. I also recolored them, and named the previous list Incomplete/WIP. Also, I moved the items without any progress at all into a red-colored, "No Progress" list.

Nice work on the list. With respect to one item you have in green on the first post though:

Galaxies feel empty and meaningless - all they serve, aside from newbie base-building fodder, is to chronically pad out the distance between you and the special POI system you want to explore. - Jeff said that October 10th's Universe will have little to no filler galaxies. We await visual evidence.

Are you sure that is what Jeff meant? All the instances Ive seen them talk about this they were referring to reducing "empty filler galaxies" in wild space that people have to settle to connect other more useful places, and not overall galaxy emptiness of stuff in general. Maybe I'm wrong but wanted to mention it.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:45 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next