Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Post Re: Player List of Pre-Greenlight Necessities
lrellok wrote:
sabre198 wrote:
If a new player even finds wild space I consider their arrival in the game a success. During the reddit invasion the greatest distribution of dead quitters was in the second Galaxy in!

YYYEEEESSSSSS!!!!! THAT IS MY POINT! /me beats head on table. They are not moving past the second galaxy because they run out of room one galaxy in!

Um, wasn't your point that there was no room to build in in Earthforce layer, not actual, physical room in some place like Nexus?

Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:06 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

SunDog60 wrote:

Um, wasn't your point that there was no room to build in in Earthforce layer, not actual, physical room in some place like Nexus?

Both. There is to little room to build, to few mobs to kill, not enough space to learn generally.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:05 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Instance the tutorial area??

Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:27 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

Dom wrote:
Instance the tutorial area??

That's actually an interesting idea... I think that could work rather well for the very first basic missions and tutorial. So ./signed on that.

- Chrono

Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:05 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Wonder how old that suggestion is... :roll:

We could sit in this thread and talk about what should be done for weeks, won't change the fact that the admins are gonna do what they're gonna do...

Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:57 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Trouble is because all our deva are volunteers nobody wants to take on nexus and preload overhaul cos it's boring to them, don't blame them. They all want to create content that impresses therm.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

sabre198 wrote:
Trouble is because all our deva are volunteers nobody wants to take on nexus and preload overhaul cos it's boring to them, don't blame them. They all want to create content that impresses therm.

Lol. Col Legno and Theodore are doing Nexus right now from their recent posts :P.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:24 am
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:23 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1

Sat May 07, 2016 10:15 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Steam launch soonTM

Sat May 14, 2016 3:32 pm
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

So, the new class focus system seems to be okay-ish. It could use some dramatic improvments, but as a stopgap measure it seems to be interesting. I do have one recommendation that I've said in the past, and will say so again.

What is desperately needed is a massive reduction in the price for resetting your class. As far as I know, it increases at an exponential rate up to a cap of 500 million. What's the point of this even? It sure isn't a sink for credits, when there's trillions floating around from colonies. The money is trivial to anyone who's been playing for long enough to get to the higher techs around 19-20 and up. It serves no purpose but to punish new players for experimenting with the different classes.

Remove or make the cost for resetting the skills something like 1 million at most, as is the system is just pointless and silly.

Edit: Accidental gravedig, somehow misread the OP as being in 2017 instead of years ago like it was.

That said, a number of the bullet points still haven't been fixed. My bad though.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:42 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Septagon wrote:
So, the new class focus system seems to be okay-ish. It could use some dramatic improvments, but as a stopgap measure it seems to be interesting. I do have one recommendation that I've said in the past, and will say so again.

What is desperately needed is a massive reduction in the price for resetting your class. As far as I know, it increases at an exponential rate up to a cap of 500 million. What's the point of this even? It sure isn't a sink for credits, when there's trillions floating around from colonies. The money is trivial to anyone who's been playing for long enough to get to the higher techs around 19-20 and up. It serves no purpose but to punish new players for experimenting with the different classes.

Remove or make the cost for resetting the skills something like 1 million at most, as is the system is just pointless and silly.

Edit: Accidental gravedig, somehow misread the OP as being in 2017 instead of years ago like it was.

That said, a number of the bullet points still haven't been fixed. My bad though.

It's not exponential, it's 1 million per level.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:01 pm
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

Do you mean per character level, up to the 500 cap? With how quickly new players are able to level up now in some of the zones that can rise really quickly.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:04 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

I thought the developers said that they were going to make the cost of resetting free?

Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:38 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Max235 wrote:
I thought the developers said that they were going to make the cost of resetting free?

I don't recall any such thing. It's not like this is a huge cost, especially considering that most games don't even let you change combat class after character creation.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:11 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next