Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Post Re: Player List of Pre-Greenlight Necessities
Calypso wrote:
Also, there are linear mission paths to level 500 now (I reworked all the existing mission content and supplemented it where needed on the pirate front). Maybe they're not obvious enough though?

Caly, can I ask if this is currently in the current universe (Before 6/21/2014) or will it be in the reset tomorrow? I ask only because at level ~180 I cannot find this mission chain/s in the current universe. Or am stuck in it with the few missions I have open (That I don't think relate to anything but side stuff)

thecrazygamemaster wrote:

• Wiki auto-updating system using actual game balance tables. Will likely not happen due to the fact that the admins want players to discover stats and post them to the wiki. - Nothing yet, if ever.

Can I get a confirmation on this? Because then otherwise the wiki should just be thrown in the trash can before the Steam Greenlight because it is almost (ALMOST!) useless. Not enough people help out or contribute. And seeing as I'm no longer p2p and just on a low level character, having the money to buy gear and update stats is out of the question. It would be much quicker for me to write php code to grab and pull item stats then to level currently.

Last edited by Golfman560 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

Not sure id want to allow urls unless mods have the ability to delete bad links, and theres enough moderators to be able to do this 24/7.

Would be nice to be able to copy previous chat, a lot of conversations or even event chat stuff would be really nice to save.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:58 pm
Main: lights out
Level: 66

not only should space points be redesigned and cost less, but make a description for services that are bought with space points, anyone that doesn't know much about SS will not know what item-forming means, or augmenter reset

Bigger asshole than Wizard, The Voomy One, Blake/Pimp, Fruits, Shadowblade, Enkelin, Tobal, Hitler and O.J. Simpson combined

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:33 pm
Main: Lykesis
Level: 1177

Quote:
Wiki auto-updating system using actual game balance tables. Will likely not happen due to the fact that the admins want players to discover stats and post them to the wiki. - Nothing yet, if ever.

http://www.starsonata.com/suggestions/i ... ight_click
I feel this is the best solution on both parts, add your vote and hopefully this will be implemented.

On a side note: Better wiki layout, and synergy with the game would be nice, for example the '?' could open the wiki ingame as a resizable in game window instead of opening your primary browser as I believe it does now.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:23 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Moonlightneo wrote:
Quote:
Wiki auto-updating system using actual game balance tables. Will likely not happen due to the fact that the admins want players to discover stats and post them to the wiki. - Nothing yet, if ever.

http://www.starsonata.com/suggestions/i ... ight_click
I feel this is the best solution on both parts, add your vote and hopefully this will be implemented.

On a side note: Better wiki layout, and synergy with the game would be nice, for example the '?' could open the wiki ingame as a resizable in game window instead of opening your primary browser as I believe it does now.

Even better, let us select any and all text in dialog boxes. I see no reason why not...

Last edited by MasterTrader on Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:12 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: crop octagon
Level: 6039

a lot of players seem to quit because they get stuck on a mission... I wonder if theres some way to educate them that you don't need to do missions to progress in the game... that they aren't imperative...

Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:01 am
Main: brindlebull
Level: 5143

[*]Secure trade interface. - Worked on in the past, does not yet exist.
[*]All text in the client needs to be selectable and copyable, including that inside chat. - Nothing yet.[/list]

Since everyone is doing a good job at listing their ideas, I'll just tell you which ones shouldn't be considered.

Secure trade windows... too many would quit. takes too much away from the possibilities in this game. I'd be less inclined myself to even touch the game again if it were to take turns like this. There are these incredibly unique things called player bases that can be your own middleman if anyone is that concerned. The game already dug itself a bit deeper by removing the working reward system for PvP.

All text shouldn't be selectable and copyable, as this would make the chat system feel gross, it is fine as it is. Adding something like item linking would be much more useful. Being able to paste URLs is another terrible idea, unless your plan is to make moderators work more. Nobody wants to see links all the time posted in All chat to who-knows-where..

Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:02 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
brindlebull wrote:
Since everyone is doing a good job at listing their ideas, I'll just tell you which ones shouldn't be considered.

Secure trade windows... too many would quit. takes too much away from the possibilities in this game. I'd be less inclined myself to even touch the game again if it were to take turns like this. There are these incredibly unique things called player bases that can be your own middleman if anyone is that concerned. The game already dug itself a bit deeper by removing the working reward system for PvP.

Because the last time I checked, trading people DEFINITELY weren't parking their ships on top of each other and spamming C.

And if you're talking about scamming, most games take extra steps to stop scamming. SS is severely lacking in this area.

All text shouldn't be selectable and copyable, as this would make the chat system feel gross, it is fine as it is. Adding something like item linking would be much more useful. Being able to paste URLs is another terrible idea, unless your plan is to make moderators work more. Nobody wants to see links all the time posted in All chat to who-knows-where..

Even MINECRAFT has a selectable chat system. Just no.

Also, the only thing making links work would change is making them work. There's nothing preventing people from spamming links, even now. We don't have the playerbase to have an issue with link spam. And again, there's a /ignore command for a reason.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:16 am

Name me a succesfull mmo or mmo like game that DOESNT have some sort of secure trading.

Stations arent able to replace secure trading for a couple of reasons, you have to use credits as an intermediate trade good, still susceptible to scamming eg i remove the item im giving you from the trade list once i get the item, and a new player wont have stations available.

A few reports of how easy it is to get scammed will be really bad for ss reputation and will turn off lots of players, the players easy scamming will attract are not the kind of players we want.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:26 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Give me a break brindle, not a single person would quit if secure trading were implemented properly.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:39 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

brindle is being overly dramatic...

Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:43 am

brindlebull wrote:

Because the last time I checked, trading people DEFINITELY weren't parking their ships on top of each other and spamming C.

And if you're talking about scamming, most games take extra steps to stop scamming. SS is severely lacking in this area.

Even MINECRAFT has a selectable chat system. Just no.

Also, the only thing making links work would change is making them work. There's nothing preventing people from spamming links, even now. We don't have the playerbase to have an issue with link spam. And again, there's a /ignore command for a reason.

You two are soooo wrong, I wouldn't expect it coming from urza. Scamming has always been a part of this game. If it were dumb down even FURTHER, that makes people that currently play this exceptionally unhappy. I will not even regard the idiocy of your statement in comparison to Minecraft, where did that comparison even come from? If you want the comparison game I can give you it. If you didn't notice, that Minecraft chat is the EXACT type of chat that looks gross and shitty in comparison to a chat such as the current one. WoW doesn't have the highlighting system for their chat. Just no? Just stop.

Drop "scooping" is something that was HUGELY popular in Runescape. It enabled people to scam if they wish. There is your popular MMO, ursaserra. The game became less popular once the system was removed. The difference in this game is that the playerbase is small, so any scam doesn't go unnoticed. It creates different scenarios that other games are incapable of doing because they randomly get these "good" ideas from people like yourself, who think that more possibilities and choices shouldn't be available.

It might be "easy" to get scammed, but no one does it because their account's reputation is on the line. No one wants their account perma-warred.

Refrain from defending concepts that were pointed out to be obviously bad ideas for this game. I only want to hear it from someone who can give completely proper reasoning behind the argument toward making this a worse* game.

Last edited by brindlebull on Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:53 am

MasterTrader wrote:
brindle is being overly dramatic...

I just don't want people's bad ideas to go unnoticed and implemented since more knowledgeable people happen to not take be around, so I'll be around.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:56 am

anilv wrote:
Give me a break brindle, not a single person would quit if secure trading were implemented properly.

Not a single is a bit exaggerated, I'd at least be the single.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:57 am

What does trade scamming add to the game? Drop trading has numerous problems even for legitemate trading.

And WoW most certainly has the ability highlight to copy and paste available in the form of probably several chat related addons. Maybe not in the default UI, but can be for those who want it. WoW also has tons of online resources to refer to for things like stat weighting, rotations etc.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:04 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next