Main: Obliterator200
Level: 3493

Post Re: Speed Demons and Class Balance
ShawnMcCall wrote:
HPA, TBBT already explained it to you in this thread. Some classes take skill to be effective, and come classes take directional keys and a spacebar to be effective.

SD, Seer, Stealth Sniper, Solo Zerk, etc... all take knowledge and skill to be effective. Without being a skilled an knowledgable player your character can have all the best gear, and skills in the game and will still be entirely lackluster. Put that same character on a skilled player though, and it will be nigh unstoppable in PvP.

Well I just expect that given 2 players of equal skill in their respective classes, SDs should win vs zerkers most of the time. And snipers can defeat zerkers and probably defeat SDs given equal skill.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:00 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: xXAlienXx
Level: 1322

Why do you expect that a class should have a PvP advantage over another? Who told you that? really don't know why the community is still entertaining this arrogant fellow.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:48 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Zerk kills all!

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:24 am

redalert150 wrote:
Zerk kills all!

I would have to disagree. In pvp, its either sniper>SD>Zerk or SD>sniper>zerk. I'd say the SD has the edge as long as his opponent does not have a non-mining or laser beam weapon. If the sniper has a RoP or something that specifically counters SDs, he'll probably win. But a zerk vs a SD of equal skill, the SD wins 95% of the time.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:04 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: P S S Metal
Level: 5363

Equal skill as in high or new player? Then there is the gear difference/money. Also what level are these characters? Not enough information!

Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:52 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

Valkyrie300 wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
Zerk kills all!

I would have to disagree. In pvp, its either sniper>SD>Zerk or SD>sniper>zerk. I'd say the SD has the edge as long as his opponent does not have a non-mining or laser beam weapon. If the sniper has a RoP or something that specifically counters SDs, he'll probably win. But a zerk vs a SD of equal skill, the SD wins 95% of the time.

I challenge you to set up an SD and fight redalert's Zerk. He's from 2005, so he must be really outdated!

Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:22 am
Profile WWW

Scyron wrote:

I challenge you to set up an SD and fight redalert's Zerk. He's from 2005, so he must be really outdated!

My urqa suqqa vazuk SD, my urqa suqqa ukuk sniper, my EFBS FC, my testudo DM, take your pick.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:34 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Valkyrie300 wrote:
Scyron wrote:

My urqa suqqa vazuk SD, my urqa suqqa ukuk sniper, my EFBS FC, my testudo DM, take your pick.

You could run all of those simultaneously and still to him.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:44 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

anilv wrote:
Valkyrie300 wrote:
Scyron wrote:

You could run all of those simultaneously and still get raped by him.

Fixed

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:31 am
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

Valkyrie300 wrote:
Scyron wrote:

This response > anything I could hope for! Good luck, I think you can take your pick yourself. Let us know how it goes!

Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Scyron wrote:
Valkyrie300 wrote:
Scyron wrote:

This response > anything I could hope for! Good luck, I think you can take your pick yourself. Let us know how it goes!

It took my SD and kane's SD around 10 minutes to finally kill his zerker XD. His resistances and bank are ridiculous, as is his damage. We just spammed tweaks and DPS on him until he ran out of shields eventually.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:00 pm

ELITE wrote:

It took my SD and kane's SD around 10 minutes to finally kill his zerker XD. His resistances and bank are ridiculous, as is his damage. We just spammed tweaks and DPS on him until he ran out of shields eventually.

Can't you just outrange a zerker? I mean a zerker can't hit you with magcannon type weapons because you can easily dodge, but you can. SDs have like the same DPS as zerkers and 50% tank.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:58 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Why would you be able to outrange if Zerks use Prawns with the same number of augs as you, and they don't have -range from Dogfighting?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:15 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: CeeJay
Level: 2626

It's always been the same story with a SD. It's hit and run tactics no one can expect you to tank much you just got to burst as much as you can, run then regen and start over if you cant get the job done in the burst period then you're no good. I'ts been the same since C1 and i doubt it will ever change...

Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:45 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Valkyrie300 wrote:
ELITE wrote:

Can't you just outrange a zerker? I mean a zerker can't hit you with magcannon type weapons because you can easily dodge, but you can. SDs have like the same DPS as zerkers and 50% tank.

Gl outranging KMWs with 1.5k range XD.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:42 pm