Main: Cancelled
Level: 0

Post possible FC changes?
like they can have 5 GB slaves (with other t20 slaves) and then there's a subskill gives 50% resist to wild slaves

like, mkay.

but uh, if you want things more balanced i suggest maybe nerfing these a little? kay? lol (not to mention their super item is a little unbalanced too)

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:56 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Prophet of Adum
Level: 7787

Post Re: possible FC changes?
NUUUUU

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:49 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Thermal said that Vert said that the wild slaves are supposed to be on a timer. Provided that timer is like 20 minutes I am completely okay with it all. That would mean that you cannot hold onto a set of slaves long enough to just go solo everything. You would have your slaves decay like fuel and you would have to replenish their numbers on the go. However, if the timer is like an hour or two then yes, nerf the ever loving shit out of FC please.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:54 pm
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Yes, it is correct that we eventually plan to change all wild slaves to be part of a timer system where they are made into something that is more temporary than what they currently are :) I didn't want to reveal too much information about this, since my plan was to get the chance to observe what wild slaves players really prefer and I also wanted to give players the chance to play around with them to get used to them before we eventually implement timers :)

The exact numbers in the time system are not final, but this is all a part of Jeff's vision where he wants most ships in game to be capturable as wild slaves, so that the Fleet Commander has the ability to find viable wild slaves wherever he goes! :) So far I think I'm leaning towards giving AI with a lot of tankiness a longer timer, and AI with high burst damage a shorter timer. But more on this when we actually build this system and implement it :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:54 am
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

The Vert wrote:
So far I think I'm leaning towards giving AI with a lot of tankiness a longer timer,

So the GB the main issue about wild slave will have the longest timer.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:28 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Sounds cool. If thats going to be the change though, i really think the way we capture slaves needs to be changed. Instead of radding them perhaps something like what prospect beam does but instead makes it your slave?

I say this because its not really ideal to kill ais then cap and heal them up while in combat. It would be a whole lot more convenient if a FC can focus on the battle while beaming a ai to camp it.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:17 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Looks like Ima be solo'in Emp with a Princess slave :wink: :P

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:19 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

What another waste of an addition. What is the point in adding timers for wild slaves? Nobody can say the wild man skill is overpowered, not when you look at the other class in Fleet Focus with their missiles. You have finally given Fleet Commanders the beef they have needed and deserved for a long time after Gunners were given MIRV Rockets, and now you want to fuck it all up again.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:53 am
Main: Cancelled
Level: 0

mainly this is just about GB slaves, perhaps the other wild slaves are fine

and i hope that vert doesn't wait till the code comes in for wildslave timers, that could take forever

in the mean time could we get maybe a nerf to GBs or get rid of them completely? this is just ridiculous

Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:47 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I like how FCs are right now, but apparently I'm alone on that point.

Alot of classes have had their stronger and weaker periods in time, and those periods have lasted a lot longer than the 2 weeks this has been going on. I kinda agree GBs are quite strong, though. Not in DPS, but in resists. They're super tanky and so the FC rarely has to replace them once he gets a few nicely auged ones.

So yeah, in short, I like how FCs and wildslaves work right now, but I agree that GBs can use a nerf in resistances.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:34 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Tomzta09 wrote:
What another waste of an addition. What is the point in adding timers for wild slaves? Nobody can say the wild man skill is overpowered, not when you look at the other class in Fleet Focus with their missiles. You have finally given Fleet Commanders the beef they have needed and deserved for a long time after Gunners were given MIRV Rockets, and now you want to fuck it all up again.

Umm those might be a bit broken early game yeah. But endgame FC is completely unstoppable PvP and PvAI wise.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:53 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

I was enjoying my FC before the Wild Slave beef XD.

FC with just RC18, Slave PhD, and SR5 = 27 slots. 3 Pax Selens/Scrups works great.

Add in the ability to get 2 t20 slaves, like GBs or MF Biggers, and you're sitting pretty.

Add in Wild Man to the equation though...

Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:12 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

heylo wrote:
I like how FCs are right now, but apparently I'm alone on that point.

Alot of classes have had their stronger and weaker periods in time, and those periods have lasted a lot longer than the 2 weeks this has been going on. I kinda agree GBs are quite strong, though. Not in DPS, but in resists. They're super tanky and so the FC rarely has to replace them once he gets a few nicely auged ones.

So yeah, in short, I like how FCs and wildslaves work right now, but I agree that GBs can use a nerf in resistances.

You are not alone. In my eyes, fair enough the resistances are high but other than that, there is no need for timers on wild slaves.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:01 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: crop octagon
Level: 6127

Old Spice wrote:

and i hope that vert doesn't wait till the code comes in for wildslave timers, that could take forever

in the mean time could we get maybe a nerf to GBs or get rid of them completely? this is just ridiculous

why are you so desperate to have the class nerfed?
Green battleships are not really that overpowered. the tractor is nice and so is their range when it comes to pvp, but there are much higher dps AI out there.

A timer wouldn't be terrible, but if it is to be the way vert suggestes, capping is far too tedious at the moment to be done on the fly. It takes at least an hour or two to go and get proper slaves, as you have to gear your other ships with ONLY radiation damage, as well as swap out your weapons for radiation. And then to go and find the right AI which usually involves fighting your way into a high DF DG(using only radiation, by the way, as you have no wild slaves at this time to help you). Roaming big greens and such are next to worthless as wild slaves.

I like the tractor beam idea.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:45 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Rocket Slugg wrote:
Old Spice wrote:

why are you so desperate to have the class nerfed?
Green battleships are not really that overpowered. the tractor is nice and so is their range when it comes to pvp, but there are much higher dps AI out there.

A timer wouldn't be terrible, but if it is to be the way vert suggestes, capping is far too tedious at the moment to be done on the fly. It takes at least an hour or two to go and get proper slaves, as you have to gear your other ships with ONLY radiation damage, as well as swap out your weapons for radiation. And then to go and find the right AI which usually involves fighting your way into a high DF DG(using only radiation, by the way, as you have no wild slaves at this time to help you). Roaming big greens and such are next to worthless as wild slaves.

I like the tractor beam idea.

Takes like 15 minutes to fly into a GB DG With emp ray selens and cap the entire level.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:58 pm